It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can someone have a Near Death Experience and see people burning in Hell if The Bible says no one

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
The Bible states a few things about our death: We can not bring anything with us when we die. We will not remember anything from our past life.

This is debatable, there is scripture that provides evidence of remembering your past life.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
okay folks the bible is probably THE most easily sourced book on the planet many MANY web sites have all the bibles in their entirety. If you are going to say "the bible says.." then back up your point with scripture. scripture or it didn't happen.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

there is scripture that provides evidence of remembering your past life.

I would really like to see that scripture! Wanna post a linkie??!!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Here's another angle to consider: God is more loving than we can possibly imagine, and our earthly ideas of Heaven and Hell are totally misguided. Perhaps the typical NDE scene, of friends and family and sense of peace IS the "waiting room" before judgement.
Perhaps the judgement is a much more personal experience than pass/fail. Perhaps Heaven and Hell relates to our progression after this life, our ability to continue growing based on the foundation we lay here. I think of Judgement day in a grayscale sense, white all the way to black, with each of us judged at our own personal level of gray. The "line" between Heaven and Hell (IMO) is unique for each one of us. Only God knows our pains, our weaknesses, our hearts and our intents. If God is perfect, He will dispense perfect justice, tempered with perfect mercy.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The Bible IS a tad dated.

How many times has the King James Bible been rewritten ? To serve someone's agenda ?

Perhaps it's time for an update and more in line with current knowledge based upon credible facts vs conjecture and fairy tales.

Plain and Simple.

Peace

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by GmoS719

there is scripture that provides evidence of remembering your past life.

I would really like to see that scripture! Wanna post a linkie??!!

Mind you that these are simply my interpretations of things.

" Moses wrote: “And Abraham gave up the ghost, and died in a good old age, an old man, and full of years, and was gathered to his people” (Genesis 25:8)."

When Abraham died he was reunited with his loved ones. IMO

This is just one, I have more bookmarked, I'll search through them and post more.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
OP
Could you address your thread? lol

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

The Bible IS a tad dated.

Yeah its the bible, it is supposed to be dated...

How many times has the King James Bible been rewritten ?

I don't think it has, there are other translations of the bible but i do not believe the king james version was "rewritten".

To serve someone's agenda ?

The NIV changed things to make it more PC and im sure other versions have been made to do similar things

Perhaps it's time for an update and more in line with current knowledge based upon credible facts vs conjecture and fairy tales.

Hello? This is the bible we are talking about, if you really want a bible like that you can pick up the Jefferson bible.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki2012
We dont go to hell, we are already in hell...

I agree that the mortal state is the only physical hell anyone will be in, and probably the worst mental hell as well.

But the OP is right, no one goes to heaven or hell until the resurrection, all go to the spirit world, good, evil, all in one waiting place.

I suppose some could have visions of the 'future' of hell or heaven, but it's also possible they are no more than delusion, as for non-believers this topic does not concern you, but you will still be resurrected with everyone else.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Hmmmm...... I just can't see this scripture having anything to do with 'past lives'. But as you say, everyone has their own interpretation.

I get this Corinthians 13:12

12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

when I read your quoted scripture. To me it simply means that we will know our own loved ones, recognize our ancestors and forefathers as the people we knew here on earth. Whether that's because we will look physically the same (doubtful) or because our souls recognize one another is debatable.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
The Bible says that all souls go to the graveyard and one day Jesus will return and resurrect everyone for judgement...
Those who do not pass judgement will THEN go into the lake of fire (hell)... and NO one has been in heaven except for Jesus until the day of judgement...

According to scripture -

When Christ died on the cross, he said to 'the good thief' (refered to as St. Dismas) who died on the cross next to him - 'this day you will be with me in paradise'. Obviously, that means that people have their own private judgement immediately following death .. no one is sleeping in the grave .. everyone has a private judgement before the end of the world and the final judgement. Christ Himself said that the good thief would be judged immediately ...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

reply to post by GmoS719

Hmmmm...... I just can't see this scripture having anything to do with 'past lives'. But as you say, everyone has their own interpretation.

I get this Corinthians 13:12

12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

when I read your quoted scripture. To me it simply means that we will know our own loved ones, recognize our ancestors and forefathers as the people we knew here on earth. Whether that's because we will look physically the same (doubtful) or because our souls recognize one another is debatable.

Maybe I was confused to what you asked. What do you mean by past-lives?
I thought you were asking if we were to remember our life on earth.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
Originally posted by spy66
The Bible states a few things about our death: We can not bring anything with us when we die. We will not remember anything from our past life.

This is debatable, there is scripture that provides evidence of remembering your past life.

This is what I was looking for an answer to, remember?
Methinks we have wandered off to the side somewhere along the way!!

ETA:: Aaaahhhhhh... I see now! Forgive me, apparently the Community coffee has done nothing to start my synapses firing this day!!

edit on 12/2/11 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

LOL
Either way, It seems the OP up and left.
I guess I'll drink some coffee and relax now.
This was getting intense! jk.

PS. I posted about the coffee before you made your edit. ODDDD
I must know you from a past life
edit on 2-12-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well, the Bible says in Luke chapter 16 in the story of Lazarus and the Rich Man (from the KJV)

"22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom."

For those who prefer the NIV, for verse 23 it says:

"23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side."

It seems that, for whatever you want to call the place where the dead go, even if they are not in the Lake of Fire after the Judgement, there is still a place of torment.

This place of death seemed to have two sides when Jesus was telling the story, that had a large gap between the two sides preventing any travel between.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Yeah, I saw that!
Made me feel a little odd, too!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

I agree that the mortal state is the only physical hell anyone will be in, and probably the worst mental hell as well.

But the OP is right, no one goes to heaven or hell until the resurrection, all go to the spirit world, good, evil, all in one waiting place.

I suppose some could have visions of the 'future' of hell or heaven, but it's also possible they are no more than delusion, as for non-believers this topic does not concern you, but you will still be resurrected with everyone else.

Here is another question then...how are we seeing spirits of our dead relatives???

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

reply to post by GmoS719

Yeah, I saw that!
Made me feel a little odd, too!

Dum Dum DUM!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4

Originally posted by Razimus

Here is another question then...how are we seeing spirits of our dead relatives???

They must be demons....
lol

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by arpgme
The Bible says that all souls go to the graveyard and one day Jesus will return and resurrect everyone for judgement...
Those who do not pass judgement will THEN go into the lake of fire (hell)... and NO one has been in heaven except for Jesus until the day of judgement...

According to scripture -

When Christ died on the cross, he said to 'the good thief' (refered to as St. Dismas) who died on the cross next to him - 'this day you will be with me in paradise'. Obviously, that means that people have their own private judgement immediately following death .. no one is sleeping in the grave .. everyone has a private judgement before the end of the world and the final judgement. Christ Himself said that the good thief would be judged immediately ...

Now see this seems to make since to me..I have a home with spirits and demons in it...Now these earthbound spirits i call them are the unclean spirits....I believe in Hades..Sooooo..i think that when we die i guess..this is so confusing to me...When we did the evil go to Hades which is not the lake of fire...There is tourcher and torment there...Now im just guessing on this OK...That would explain all the earthbound spirits in the world.

If we didn't have a spirit to rise then how is the devil making souls and spirits??can he do that???SO Satan can make a souls and spirits of once were living people???Hmmmm NOT...i really dont think so...Is Satan sending demons to watch us living people to make our spirits when we did???NOT ...i dont think so...If Satan can make a spirit and a soul out of nothing then he is the real God....

So i really think that we go to Hades if we are not with Christ and Satan can pull all the souls/spirits out of Hades that he want to,,,,to fill the earth with..That to me would explain our loved ones here on earth as earthbound spirits....

As far as if we go to heaven,,well i dont think right away..But im really not sure...maybe a holding area first..Unless we are apostle like....Just my guess..WAT YA THINK???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join