It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA stops teen for a gun design on her purse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Of course she missed her flight. Apparently those idiots at the TSA cannot make the difference between ``a design`` and ``a real live gun``...

17-year-old missed flight to Jacksonville after agents inspected gun replica

Vanessa Gibbs, 17, claims the Transportation Security Administration stopped her at the security gate because of the design of a gun on her handbag.

Gibbs said she had no problem going through security at Jacksonville International Airport, but rather, when she headed home from Virginia.

"It's my style, it's camouflage, it has an old western gun on it," Gibbs said.

But her preference for the pistol style didn't sit well with TSA agents at the Norfolk airport.

Gibbs said she was headed back home to Jacksonville from a holiday trip when an agent flagged her purse as a security risk.

Their IQs are probably in the negative range at this point...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Next they'll stop you for a gun tattoo. our gov needs to go away or at least come back to reality!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This is all going according to plan.

They (TPTB) have sucessfully gotten our Law enforcement agencies and schools to throw common sense out the window in favor of this ridiculous policy of zero tolorance. This allows for the most absolutely insane and ridiculous violations of our constitutional,human,and civil rights you have ever seen.

It will only get worse and more insane as time goes on I'm afraid.
If you're wondering where the bottom is......lol........there isn't one I promise you that.
Wait until you hear about a two year old getting arrested for hitting a cop.
IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!! and we WILL allow it to happen.

I hear alot of tough talk from people on here especially about how "If they would have done that to MY kid I would have___________"

"If I would have been there I would have marched straight up to them and _________"

NO YOU WOULDN'T HAVE!!!!!
You would have sat there and taken it like a little B**** just like the rest of us do.
There is a reason we are in this mess and it isn't because AmeriKa is filled with John Wayne wannabees with itchy trigger fingers.

It is because our nation is filled with a bunch of pussies.

NOTHING shocks me anymore.
It is getting more insane by the day.
edit on 2-12-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Gun design on passenger's purse = security risk ...

Nazi post apocalyptic soldier with gun giving a dove a sharp enema on airport wall = not a problem...

I'm sure these stories will get better & better as time goes by.

edit on 2-12-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I think the issue here is that it was a replica of a gun and not just a design.
It may have looked like a Derringer for all we know. Besides, they'd arrest you for trying to carry a water gun on a plane, so I don't doubt this one bit.

Edit to Add: My mom has a mace gun, which looks just like a miniature revolver. I certainly wouldn't want one of those going off while in flight. I think this time I'm actually on the TSA's side.
edit on 2-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
they stoped me once because of this:

next time i call a news station^^

edit on 2-12-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
There never were any security issues to begin with. Even back in the 60's and 70's incidents were so infrequent without all these insane measures as to be essentially irrelevant.

So to justify their own existence they latch onto anything they can and excuse it later. Not unlike modern policing.

It's job security both short and long term.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
All you downplaying this or taking TSA's side
are really missing the big picture. Kudos Screwed, you hit the nail on the head, and I can quote you rather than having to type!
There are several key 'conspiracy' issues that keep moving forward against the American people which when viewed together paint a scary scene for our future. Economic control (DEBT/BANKING), food control (GMO, CRIMINALIZING 'NATURAL' FOOD PRACTICES), mind control (SUBLIMINALS, MEDIA) , physical control (TSA, ELECTRONIC TRACKING/RECORDING). What do you think each of these tentacles are wrapping themselves around?

Originally posted by Screwed
This is all going according to plan.

They (TPTB) have sucessfully gotten our Law enforcement agencies and schools to throw common sense out the window in favor of this ridiculous policy of zero tolorance. This allows for the most absolutely insane and ridiculous violations of our constitutional,human,and civil rights you have ever seen.
It will only get worse and more insane as time goes on I'm afraid.
If you're wondering where the bottom is......lol........there isn't one I promise you that.
Wait until you hear about a two year old getting arrested for hitting a cop.
IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!! and we WILL allow it to happen.

I hear alot of tough talk from people on here especially about how "If they would have done that to MY kid I would have___________"

"If I would have been there I would have marched straight up to them and _________"

NO YOU WOULDN'T HAVE!!!!!
You would have sat there and taken it like a little B**** just like the rest of us do.
There is a reason we are in this mess and it isn't because AmeriKa is filled with John Wayne wannabees with itchy trigger fingers.

It is because our nation is filled with a bunch of pussies.

NOTHING shocks me anymore.
It is getting more insane by the day.

edit on 2-12-2011 by blamethegreys because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
LOL the only time i flew since this TSA invasion was to go scuba diving at St Thomas in the US virgin islands. after getting in a large screaming match with a stupid agent (that her supervisor fixed with no issues at all in under 1 minute) i decided to just stop going through the shoes off, empty pockets routine. for the rest of my flights (3 stops) i work jogging pants. at each point i just took my pants off, calmly marched through in my boxers, and collected my pants as they came out. surprisingly never had a problem lol. however i am curious, when did the "option" of going through the backscatter or getting "randomyly" selected go away? at every point i had to go through there ENTIRE lane was forced through these things. i thought those were only used every now and again? not on everyone?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm a teacher. If a student were to make their hand into the shape of a gun and point at someone, our school would call the police and consider it to be a terroristic threat.

From a hand.

We have lost all common sense.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The police state out of control. That is our lives here in the good old USA now I guess. Each day is met with another atrocity or tragedy being played out on the world stage for all to see. We have got to kill this beast so she will stop eating away at our liberty. TSA is just one head of the hydra but it is just about the most in your face.

edit on 2-12-2011 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The next terrorist attack will be terrorists holding up planes with drawing of guns on napkins.

They must ban all paper, pens, books, newspapers, laptops, shirts. Anything that can be drawn on

Soon it will be mandatory for them too strap us into straight jackets and load us in like luggage

edit on 2-12-2011 by Kr0nZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

I laughed even though the situation is not funny at all and please do not give them any ideas lol.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sempul

Haha I gotta try that, go through with nothing but my tighty whities on

When they give strange look ill just say "whatt?, this is what its gonna come down to eventually"

top topics

join