It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Evolution Works and What's in Store for Us in the Future.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
From Insect to Human and Beyond

Going from "This is me and I am in this." to "I am this and this is in me"

EVOLUTION OF CONSCIOUSNESS

If you examine the hierarchy of intelligent life, you can see that progression of intelligence equals progression of forms of awareness.

Insects generally operate as a hive mind. They all work for a common cause to help perpetuate their community. Dogs and cats are not aware of themselves as being separate from their environment, yet they generally work for themselves or their immediate family for their survival. Humans are aware of themselves as being separate from their environment and they work for themselves or for their immediate family for their survival. Humans also have the ability to work for things other than survival.

If nature is telling us something it is that higher intellignece means higher sentience and the higher the sentience, the more diverse and creative the fruits of their labors become. I think the point of it all is to demonstrate how various forms of awareness allow for higher levels of creative work. Basically, this implies that we are becoming Creator Gods.

If there is another step in intelligent evolution to where we gain another level of awareness, logic tells us that sentience and indivdual awareness is the ultimate goal. So how could we become any more sentient than we already are? Because we are becoming THE one. Are we aware of ourselves as being THE one? No, but if the progression towards sentience tells us anything, it is telling us that any further progression in sentience amounts to that. So how would it be possible for us to be THE one? Well, I would literally have to be you and you would literally have to be me.

Notice how the Bible says we fell from grace. We fell from the collective, hive-mind awareness of the insect towards the sentient awareness of the human. The next step in evolution is an inversion. We fell from a collective mind towards sentience and now we are headed back to a collective mind. Except this time, our awareness is not going to be the insect awareness of 'this is me and I am in this', it is going to be the Creator God awareness of 'I am this and this is in me'. We are becoming more sentient, but with this sentience is also a collective awareness. We are becoming God.

Romans 12:5
so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

1 Corinthians 12:12
Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:27
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Ephesians 4:15
Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.

Colossians 1:24
Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.

Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
edit on 2-12-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

We were created AND we evolve.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I disagree with you.
Unless your definition of God = Not God.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

My dogs are sentient, they can tell themselves from their environment. They Dream, sleep scheme, plan, solve problems, get angry when woken from a deep slumber, get frustrated when not played with, get protective when anyone is snooping about they understand gestures like pointing a finger (even a chimp will look at your finger instead what you are pointing at)

Any good ozzie park ranger will tell you that when ever working in a saltie croc area a person should not repeat their routes taken and times. As those crocs will watch your movements over days or weeks and predict your next route and arrival time and patiently hunt you. That's sentience.

A horse got hit by a truck a couple of months ago and I sat with it for a minute as it died, I stroked its cheek and looked into its eyes as its life slipped away, it was sentient too because I could see in its eyes it knew what was happening and I could see it appreciated me being there, I could see in its eyes it wanted me to stay for just a few more minuts.

At the very least dogs are sentient and I would put money on all reptiles, mammals and birds being sentient too.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Consciousness does not evolve. Consciousness is.
We can not become one. It is one. One consciousness appearing as many, many things.

Humans are not more intelligent than any other apparent species. It is only humans who have fallen from grace because it is only humans who believe they are an entity in time.
edit on 2-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Consciousness does not evolve. Consciousness is.
We can not become one. It is one. One consciousness appearing as many, many things.

We can become aware that we are one. It is our perpetual awareness of awareness that evolves.

Humans are not more intelligent than any other apparent species. It is only humans who have fallen from grace because it is only humans who believe they are an entity in time.
edit on 2-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Our fall from grace is that we forgot that we were one. Our ascent is remembering. Forgetting was necessary for the inversion of 'this is me and I am in this' to 'I am this and this is in me'.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Your ideas on "the evolution of consciousness" are somewhat comparable to the gnostic christian philosophy: knowledge of God and of the divine or spiritual nature within us. Very interesting post!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
No offense, but the moment I see bible verses as "Proof" or "evidence" I instantly count it as Void.
it's hard to give a book created for control and propaganda, as a credible wise source.

new topics

top topics

join