It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

{WTB} The Pantry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I have been working on stocking up my pantry for over three years.My husband is a wonderful man
but he thinks that I have a mental problem because I am preparing.He constantly rants about the
food that I buy and the money [his money] that is spent buying the supplies.

I have been planning my "dream" kitchen for a long time to.A kitchen with an eight foot countertop,
lots of cabinets and drawers for storage.A real stove,not this electric smooth top that I have had to
put up with all these years.A floor that doesn't make any noises when you walk upon them.

My dream kitchen has the refrigerator moved over to another wall.My husband calls an electrician
to rewire the house and the kitchen wall to handle the load of a refrigerator.The breaker box is in our
basement and so is my office and my pantry.

My husband was talking to the electrician while they were down in the basement.He suddenly opens
the door to my pantry and the electrician looks around the room.I saw the look on the electrician's face
as he saw what all I had stored in there.My husband didn't pay any attention to the way the electrician
looked around the pantry.He was completely clueless to the possible problem we could face in the future
because of this incident.

After the electrician had left the house,I turned to my husband and told him what I thought about that
scene in the basement.He came back with the arguement that there could be wiring in my pantry
that the electrician needed to see.I told him,no,you just wanted someone to agree with you about my
pantry.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This is good enough that it needs to be sent off to Readers Digest!

Great work!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

So what was it about the way the electrician looked around the pantry that bothered you; do you think he may be planning to come steal your stuff or are you afraid he may report you to some gubment agency for being a potential "domestic terrorist" 'cause we all know terrorists keep loads of food stocked up in their basements?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yes,we domestic terrorists keep lots of food and ammunition
stored and hidden from prying eyes.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

I wish that I could write something well enough to have published.
Thank-you for these kind words.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by FortAnthem

Ah, so you've got ammo and self defence stuff stored down there too. No wonder you're worried about some stranger snooping around down there.

The Gubment is looking for any excuse to take away people's ability to get by without them or confiscate their weapons. I would be worried about this guy looking in there as well.

edit on 12/2/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hey, there's nothing wrong with preparing, is there?

I'm just making my rounds through all the contest entries, liberally applying SnF's to all the entries. Your entry is comical in the fact that I could imagine myself being that electrician. The first thought on his mind was prolly WTF?

I liked it. Flag from me.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

That Statement alone should win anybody the contest!

Good entry IMO.

Best of Luck

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Good story! I grew up with a house that revolved around the pantry, and that mindset has stayed with me all my life. Frustrating, your hubby sorta poking fun at your preps. I'm sure he's a good guy. In most families that I know that are preppers, one or the other of the aduts are the main one working at it. One thing you can always come back with -- and it's always going to be true -- if you stock up and buy in bulk, rotate your stocks, the worst case is that you save money; you're just paying on the front end, rather than paying more ... much more .... over time.

new topics

top topics

join