Saudis fear ‘no more virgins’ and people will turn gay if female drive ban is lifted

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
my comment was neither directed toward you or toward the article in the OP. My comment was directed at another member's post,

So?
Are you saying you want a private conversation with that person?
You might want to take it to U2U then.
Posting in a public form this -
" I do not comprehend the NEED to tell others how to live - I simply don't understand"
- Will get a public response from someone helping you to 'comprehend' what is going on.
Wondering ... who exactly have you seen that has a 'need' to tell others how to live?
Maybe the OWS bunch?

They sure are trying to use public pressure to get others to change how they live to fit more in line with their own set of morals and values.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I wanna see all you naysayers defend Christianity and the conservative right from now on, I will be watching,

Christianity is its own defense and only the most most dominant expression of Western Civilization.

Conservative Right? Sounds like a political label from the 1990s.

You do realize that it is the 21st Century, right?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I wanna see all you naysayers defend Christianity and the conservative right from now on, I will be watching,

Christianity is its own defense and only the most most dominant expression of Western Civilization.

Conservative Right? Sounds like a political label from the 1990s.

You do realize that it is the 21st Century, right?

I don't know I hear it used a lot lately.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
just what is the significance of having a virgin anyway..
where is the benefit?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
where is the benefit?

Well, you wont catch anything from them except perhaps a cold or the flu?

lol

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Those damned Arabs and their moronic views on women! If I dared tell my wife she couldn't drive, I know where she'd be parking her car, and right quicky too, and if I ever threatened to beat her with a stick, it would be parked right alongside it...vertically!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
where is the benefit?

oh man ... don't go there.

There is evolutionary psychology behind it and biology (no STDs to worry about). I could dig out my psychology books but I won't bore you with tons of quotes. Just google it up and you'll see it all. It has to do with evolutionary psychology and the desire for men to have their DNA carried on - without worry that they have to provide for someone else's DNA spawn to continue on. At least that's what was in my Evolutionary Psychology class.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
What about the truth of America? Why aren't you out on a Amish-hunt?

Did you know the Amish won't allow either men or women to drive cars?

People need to get a grip on what minding their business means. Why is it ok for the Amish people to have religious freedom? Oh yeah, because that's what this nation was supposedly founded upon.

Here is how Amish men and women are forced to dress!
Amish Family
And look at this archaic neanderthal transportation they oppress their people with.
wiki

Think of how contradictory the double-think by these so called "conservatives" and "liberals" really is here in the West. The "Conservatives" claim to hate the "liberals" for allowing a decline in "traditional standards" and "religious tradition", yet here we are in a complete reverse of that paradigm, now it's the "conservatives" pushing a "liberal agenda" to attack someone's religious traditional standards. The complete opposite of how the situation usually works in the USA's internal politics. That's because most of these so called "conservatives" are actually just religious fanatics like the Muslims they claim to hate. And their religious battle with Muslims quickly outweighs their anti-liberal rhetoric and they quickly become the epitome of that which they preach against day after day.

That's how things work in this brainwashed society. The conservatives and the liberals flip flop and trade positions of contradiction regularly depending on who has what to gain or pursue whichever agenda. Neither side is consistent and so I have no problem criticizing them as it's pretty blatant and obvious what is really going on here.
edit on 2-12-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
that it's from the UK Mail, which is known for printing anti-Islam propaganda....

which is known for printing the truth ... even if it isn't PC and upsets the Islamic apologists.

I'd like to read about it in a less obviously biased and chopped up source.

From Tehran
FARSNEWS
Ya' wanna read it in Turkish? Persian ? Arabic? English?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
First Off, FlyersFan S & F for your thread and isn't this the same Religion that supports Circumcising of women, more appropriately called female genital mutilation and it has been practiced for possibly thousands of years.

In Egypt, at least 90 percent of women are believed to have undergone FGM. In 2005, a report by UNICEF had claimed that 97 percent of Egyptian women aged 15-49 had undergone the operation. Here, the issue has been a source of controversy. A CNN broadcast from 1994, in which a 10-year-old girl in Egypt was shown being "operated upon" by an unskilled practitioner, caused a hostile reaction. Egypt sued CNN for $500 million for damaging its reputation, but the case was thrown out by courts.

www.islam-watch.org...

I do believe it is a Control Thing, Why Make Her Happy or Why Allow Her To Experience An Orgasm,,,
If she is dissatisfied with you and demands to Drive and becomes Bitchy, You can always have her Stoned

Surly you can allow the women to drive, all those Suicide Bombers Need Their Virgins

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

if Amish men in America were beating their wives because they drove a car, then it WOULD be a problem and they'd be arrested for it. Amish women in America are free to leave their religion because there is freedom in this country to do so. If a woman in Saudi Arabia wants to leave her religion .. she is killed in an 'honor killing'.

Again... education in regards to what is happening doesn't make anyone guilty of 'not minding their own business. And if people decide they want to boycott goods because they don't like the behavior of someone ... that's their right.

Your continual defense of the bad treatment of women ... all supposedly in the name of 'minding our own business' .. is interesting. Why do you want to dumb people down and not tell them the truth of what happens to women in Islam? Is being PC so important to you that it trumps the rights of others not to be educated??

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

What about cold sores, a form of herpes?
Line 2.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Your continual defense of the bad treatment of women ...

Actually I was defending the women. I was weighing the two negatives and realized there were only two options.

Allow them to live in a backwards society.

Or bomb them to pieces in order to liberate them.

So I was standing up against the murder of women, men, and children which is the alternative.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
there were only two options.

... Or educate everyone on the planet as to what goes on and then use international boycotts or international pressure to help change for the better ... like what happened with Nelson Mandela and South Africa. Education about what goes on in the world does not equal 'bombing them to pieces'.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn
reply to post by Stormdancer777

What about cold sores, a form of herpes?
Line 2.

That too,

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

... Or educate everyone on the planet as to what goes on and then use international boycotts or international pressure to help change for the better ... like what happened with Nelson Mandela and South Africa. Education about what goes on in the world does not equal 'bombing them to pieces'.

I was thinking the same thing, if we are now considered a, GLOBAL community, shouldn't we lift one another up out of the dark ages instead of bringing one-another back into them?

Where is the compassion for those oppressed, regardless of where they live.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

even if it isn't PC and upsets the Islamic apologists.

I will never understand why it is unpopular to find stoning and amputations barbaric.

Everything is twisted,

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Wait a minute boycott? Boycott what? Saudi OIL?
But that means you can't drive your car because oil prices will triple or quadruple.
Now everyone is oppressed everywhere!

So that's why interventionism isn't going to work in the long run, and that's why I am automatically taking the 'non-interventionist' route. Sanctions are a form of war btw also, because by boycotting trade it will cause their people to go into poverty and starvation, and so you would be starving those women you claim to support.

So both sanctions and war bring death and disease.
But leaving them alone and letting them fight for their own freedom works out for the best of both parties.

The actual practical way to solve this is to utilize a wiser foreign policy and ignore them while continuing trade, and develop non-oil technology across the board. Such as plant oil plastics, alternative energy sources, etc. This will cause the economic demand for oil to decrease naturally rather than artificially, and will force the Saudis to change their ways or else collapse in economic turmoil naturally rather than artificially. This would be a peaceful non-interventionist transition period rather than an abrupt chaotic tumult which is a interventionist miscalculation that will create far more misery than necessary.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
They are actually right, there is a problem in the Kingdom and has spread as far as the Royal family.

By banning women from driving it will not allow the gays and homosexuals to transport in womens clothing.

They have money but no happiness, and when theres no happiness you go to the extremes.

Its actually disturbing to think about

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Wait a minute boycott? Boycott what? Saudi OIL?

Or withhold 'aid' and military gear. It doesn't go to the people anyways.

So both sanctions and war bring death and disease.

So does doing nothing.

leaving them alone and letting them fight for their own freedom works out for the best of both parties.

Sometimes yes .. sometimes no. Example - Libya - it should have been left alone. The 'rebels'could take care of themselves. We had no business there. However, the women of Islam are defenseless. The least we can do for them is to educate the public on their plight.

interventionist miscalculation ...

... like Egypt ... Libya ... made things worse than they were.
... but Nelson Mandela and South Africa ... international pressure made things better.
But ... education about the truth of what is happening isn't interventionist ... it's education.
Education breaks through ignorance.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join