It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So...I don't understand whats happening?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hermit777

Thank you. I really don't understand why my whole family is this way. I have prayed that this stops with me. I don't want my kids to have to deal with this. So far they havn't experienced much so i'm very thankful for that!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBit111

The most obvious answer is, it's in your genes.

Not quite enough of a genetic load to warrant a psychiatric label, but enough to have funky experiences every once in a while.

I would suggest trying to reason this through when you're ready. You seem to believe these experiences are "real" in an objective sense. The fact that one side of your family has similar bizarre experiences suggests this is genetic, and the reality of this is only in your subjective mind.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

I don't think so because sometimes more than one of us have experienced weird things together. sometimes as many as 4 or 5 of us will experience something strange.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBit111

Well, then I guess it's still genetic, but the variation doesn't necessarily indicate delusion...just a different coding for how we operate. In that case (assuming your word is good), it would seem you're family does have some sort of extra sensory abilities.

I must state, though, that often times people, especially who are close, will empathize to such an extent that they willingly delude their selves into believing they experience the same as what is told to them. It's basically hypnosis. There is a genetic component for this. I guess it could be that you're all what's referred to as a level 5 hypnotizeable individual. They're the ones who get picked out of a crowd for magic tricks!

I don't know. I'm open to the possibility of ESP, but not nearly as much as a decade ago. My rational mind finally caught up and found nearly all of them seemed to have a rational explanation once given enough thought. Still, we just don't know how to explain some phenomena. Who knows?

As long as you're okay with these experiences, and it doesn't harm anyone else, all good.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join