It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions! Those are lies! Do research and do not believe!

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Mithra was NOT born of a virgin like Jesus, he was born from a ROCK!

It is true that December 25 is a Pagan thing for the solstice, BUT, Jesus could NOT be born in the winter if you read The Bible...

Krishna was NEVER pronounced "Chrishta" and was NOT resurrected! You can read the Hindu scriptures themselves for proof!

As for the story of Horus, he was NOT the only son of God... And his story does NOT mimic's Jesus...

As for the Greek God Attis, the stories about him being resurrected came AFTER Jesus.

Justin Martyr even admitted that the Pagans were COPYING stories of Christianity and they were NOT there before...

They created these stories to create and opposition against Christianity...

By the way, do you know what the word opposition means in Hebrew!? SATAN!

By the way, the lady that created Zeitgeist is a Satanist wanting to get rid of Christianity and create a Utopian world. Doesn't that story sound familiar like the book of revelations?

What do you think of this? Can anyone refute this refutation! You be the Judge!

I have talked crap about the Jesus story because I didn't actually do research and just believed Zeitgeist! Please if you can disprove what I said, otherwise the evidence stands that the Pagans ADDED Christian like storied AFTER Christianity was...

You know how they say that the bible says that the world is flat?

It does NOT! The world "Earth" also simply meant "Land", it was not a reference to the planet but the nations or the lands!

Also, JESUS CHRIST said that no one has went to heaven but him, so what about Elijah?

Elijah ascended up to the sky NOT heaven! The word for heaven was not used there.

Christian Apologetics are making me think that maybe Jesus is true... What do you think?

edit on 2-12-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

Do your own homework and do not let apologists or anyone else determine your thoughts for you! Rhetoric induced persuasion is no test of truth!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LunaKat
Hi Predator
For me I don't ridicule atheists or scientists who have opinions that there is no god or anything. I think they are absolutely needed. They challenge us to think harder, longer, deeper about things. And oftentimes I can't find even any criticism of their train of thought. The only people I ridicule are those who have no respect for me and would take away my choice of what to believe or not to believe.

But why believe?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit
I'm pretty sure most people don't claim that Jesus is from a pegan religion ( I myself don't believe in any god but do believe that Jesus was a real person. just not divine.) Its the practices and holiday's that are copied from pagan religions.

Well if you look through the ancient legends you can see that the archetypal hero has been around long before the myth of the Christ, and also that many of these ancient cultures who possessed such myths bumped shoulders with the Jews, hundreds BCE!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by arpgme

Funny, I thought Jesus was (according to the bible) born on the 25th of December, in a barn, while 3 wise man traveled to his location following a star? This is purely from memory. Its a book I do not read but was unfortunately forced to attend catholic schools

The bible does not give a specific date of birth for Jesus, nor does it number the "wise men," and there is even confusion over where Jesus was born. "Luke" says manger/barn (see Luke 2:7) and "Matthew says House (see Matthew 2:11), whilst whatever Gospel the 2nd century Church father Justin Martyr was reading said, Cave (see Ante-Nicene Fathers: Vol. 1: The Apostolic Fathers with Justin Martyr and Irenaeus; Against Heresies, Book 3. Philip Schaff. Grand Rapids. MI: Christian Classics Ethereal Library. (1885). Pg. 383.)

It is all a little up in the air, but this is where mythologies usually reside!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
This is a good thread for this message. If you doubt now, just remember
what is written and do as Our Lord directs, okay?

Religion is and always has been a method of controlling the human psyche. It was made up a few thousand years ago based on Sun Worship.

What is written as Colbe states was written by man, in fact many men and women wrote the bible and all the other copies such as the qur'an later on.

So as u say 'What is written and do as our lord directs' is basically a command. You do as you are told or you will go to the non existent hell!!

It's all symbolic crap. Unfortunately alot of people still believe all that rubbish. Old Testament Crap!! Written by people that wanted to control people and still control people!!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesherlock

Thank you, yours is the 3rd answer I've already received correcting me. It's all good but maybe pick some more recent comments to reply to, it's at least a month ago I posted on that thread I think.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by mikesherlock

Thank you, yours is the 3rd answer I've already received correcting me. It's all good but maybe pick some more recent comments to reply to, it's at least a month ago I posted on that thread I think.

Sorry about that!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx

Originally posted by colbe
This is a good thread for this message. If you doubt now, just remember
what is written and do as Our Lord directs, okay?

Religion is and always has been a method of controlling the human psyche. It was made up a few thousand years ago based on Sun Worship.

What is written as Colbe states was written by man, in fact many men and women wrote the bible and all the other copies such as the qur'an later on.

So as u say 'What is written and do as our lord directs' is basically a command. You do as you are told or you will go to the non existent hell!!

It's all symbolic crap. Unfortunately alot of people still believe all that rubbish. Old Testament Crap!! Written by people that wanted to control people and still control people!!

Hi steve, I have a brother named steve,

Religion is not controlling, example, you don't believe. God has given
you free will.

love,

colbe

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Despise not Prophecy Scripture states. Our Lord desires everyone to be saved.

There's more than Luther's Bible Alone, you must come to
the fullness of God's revelation, His plan, all of it. Another message to a Protestant seer to help you prepare for the time ahead.

What is the "all", what is the "fullness" Jesus wishes you to believe? Having faith pleases God. You do not see a change in the consecrated host but it is truly Our Lord. It's supernatural, why Our Lord says "spirit and life." Understanding something supernaturally given not in man's natural way of seeing.

_ _ _ _ _

February 6, 2012

THE TRUMPET by BILL BURNS

The gates of heaven are opening, and I am calling to you to go through the gates and receive all that is being opened to you. Press in until you receive the anointing of this season. Praise Me, and I will come to you and position you for victory and the blessings of this time. All things are possible if you will only believe. Come by faith into the fullness of what I am doing, says the Lord. Prepare the way into My kingdom. Come and establish yourself at this time as citizens of My kingdom. Come!

Isaiah 62:10 Go through, Go through the gates! Prepare the way for the people; Build up, Build up the highway! Take out the stones, Lift up a banner for the peoples!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

let say there are 7 billion humans on the planet right now... the universe exists.... these people exist in the universe... all people have the spirit, the essence of the universe within them,,, the universe is wise, eternal, and all knowing, if the universe is most perfect, most wise, has created the concept of love, and existence, i may assume it would want nothing more for its children on this planet to take heed to its perfection, and live in the love and light it has pervided all with.. if a human were to understand its relationship with this infinite eternal being which has given them light and love,, it would live its life with the most compassion, thankfulness, ration, and reason, and treat all other humans as its friends and brothers... all 7 billion humans are traveling through space and time, sharing a history, sharing a spiritual essence, sharing a human experience... if all 7 billion humans were to realize they are all on this boat together,, all 7 billion humans could build this boat, to fully represent its divine and sacred nature, the perfect and wise order of the eternal universe, and love and respect for all fellow man and creatures, who share the same light and space on this planet.... this is the idea of the kingdom of heaven on earth,.,. right now and for much time earth is ying yanged,,,. a balance of fear and love,. good and evil,., cooperation and competition,... man must at some point realize that man is not his enemy, but his best friend... his best chance at understanding his nature, and progressing on earth peacefully...
as the armies and poverty levels of earth grow, and control of wealth, and resources, minds, imaginations and hearts of the population by the rulers and conspirators have been increasing and will continue to increase,,.,. until they may attempt to establish their new world order,,,, which will still be ruled by force,,. fear,, without trust.,., the job and battle of the good on earth,, is to show all people of earth,,,. to prove to them that they can live in peace, with out that dystopian future scenario.,., history time and time again shows the elite unjustifiably that man is still a savage beast controlled by his instincts and carnal desires.,,. there must be concious action and understanding by the population of this planet,.. who are being led by the wolves,., prayer will not stop the wolves from what they have been doing for millennia and millennia...,., the good must show the world the corrupt for what it is,, the unrighteous, the greedy, the deceivers.,.,. the good must show the world the spirit of human goodness for what it is,,.,., if that does not happen.,,.,. nothing will occur to stop the evil from doing what it has always done,.,.,,

i am the spirit of jesus and so are you,.,. if you think you are not,,, you will not be... what the deceivers have done is idolized the flesh of the spirit of jesus,,.,. making you another free being worship this man instead of his ideals, his wisdom,, instead of putting his ideals and wisdom into action,.,
edit on 6-2-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
OF COURSE the Christ is not ´Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions´.
it´s the most important part of the NWO agenda to slowly erode christianity with new age crap.
this is no news.
cheers

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Wait a second, you require proof about something simple that you could look up yourself but (and this isn't aimed directly at you because I don't know your history of posting) but every time I see a thread claiming that Jesus is a rehash of all these pagan religions everyone just eats it all up without providing links/sources or even the vital information to show how they appear to relate. The general threads about it just say "Christianity is simply a retelling of all the pagan religions" without any other details and nobody says "Show me the evidence.

The way I see it, if somebody presents something that you find to be important, you shouldn't rely on their research alone anyway (people lie ya know) but should go and do your own research if you actually think it's important. Don't be so lazy. (Yes, I know that all research we do is going to be based on another person's research, but getting closer to the actual source is usually better than getting information from a post on a forum that refers to a webpage blog that refers to wikipedia that refers to a book that refers to a dozen other books that talk about the subject at hand). In short, go read a book or two.

A good book for the said topic would be "The Gospel and the Greeks" by Ronald H. Nash.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Mykahel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

Holy cow talk about doing a Lazurus to a thread...sigh
The OP made statements with no links to back him/herself up thats why I asked for links.
The OP is trying to convince me that what he/she believes is correct but without links or proof it is nothing but the OP's theory.
I have to start somewhere and looking at links or proof (in the eyes of the OP) is a good start.
It wasn't me who made such a bold statement in the title it was the OP.
I think its just manners to provide links, why should I go out of my way to check his statements? eh?
Oh and I did do my research after reading more posts.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

I Nearly Reached India...???

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971
reply to post by dalan.

You atheists never cease to amaze me. When someone posts a thread about christianity you are drawn right into it. Nice witnessing to you! Enjoy!

Instead of 'witnessing' why don't you try to explain the dates of xmas and EASTER, and WHY xmas is more heavily celebrated (read spend more money on) than easter? It is not every day that someone comes back from the dead, you know. I am surprised detractors haven't taken up easter...

I thought it was common knowledge that these 'holy' days were celebrated on these dates, the winter equinox and spring solstice to convert pagans....but what do I know?

A couple other things about words in the bible and theological mistakes for you to chew on:
1-Why does the 6th commandment state in every xtian religion and bibnle, "Thou shall not kill." when the Torah states, "Thou shall not MURDER."? HUGE difference in definitions...
2-God is jealous? You mean to say that omniscience and omnipotence isn't a cure for jealousy?
3-God can be tempted? See the entire book of Job. Again so much for omniscience and omnipotence...
4-The sabbath. Instead of the day of the sun, perhaps xtians ought to take notes from the Torah, when in doubt.

I'll think of more later. Thank you in advance.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dagon

1-Why does the 6th commandment state in every xtian religion and bibnle, "Thou shall not kill." when the Torah states, "Thou shall not MURDER."? HUGE difference in definitions...

Not really.
Kill - verb (used without object)
19. to inflict or cause death.
20. to commit murder.

The word kill is used informally in vernacular English, but it certainly can mean “murder.”

2-God is jealous? You mean to say that omniscience and omnipotence isn't a cure for jealousy?

God is described as jealous because the word “jealousy” conveys the image of one who keeps others away. A mother may be “jealous” in the sense that she keeps others from holding her baby, because they don’t hold the baby properly, or she fears they may abduct the child, or whatever. The negative connotations of the word are fairly modern.

3-God can be tempted? See the entire book of Job. Again so much for omniscience and omnipotence...

A God who cannot be tempted, who cannot suffer, isn’t really omnipotent. Think about it. And anyway, would a Being so utterly alien to the basic conditions of humanity even be worthy of worship?

4-The sabbath. Instead of the day of the sun, perhaps xtians ought to take notes from the Torah, when in doubt.

Seeing as how the Sabbath was made for man (and not the other way around), I don’t see how it matters.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
to the post above mine...there certainly is a HUGE difference between killing someone and murdering them in ancient Jewish law. That's why the commandment says "You will not murder" and "Thou shalt not kill" is a bunch of B.S.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleSun

.there certainly is a HUGE difference between killing someone and murdering them in ancient Jewish law.

I agree. Rather, I meant the word “kill” is a word in English that also means “murder.” Although Hebrew may have two verbs distinguishing between the lawful taking of life and the unlawful taking of life, the English word “kill” may mean both. English is a rather imprecise language, and that is important why we read the Bible in context. If we read the biblical context, it becomes immediately clear that “Thou shalt not kill” refers to the unlawful taking of life. Anyway, this problem has been averted in more modern translations, as many translations simply avoid the imprecision of the word “kill” altogether and use “murder,” which is more obvious in its usage.

In summation, "Thou shalt not kill" is not a fake translation designed to create some false doctrine, but it is imprecise.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by arpgme

Sorry I don't count you tube videos made by Christians as proof.....
Not bothering with this thread cos at the end of the day I don't believe any of it so....
edit on 2-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)
The only reason you dont count on you tube videos written by Christians is because you consider them bias. Cant the same said about any videos made by none creationist believers?

Your argument is # , There is good evidence to support the creationist as there is evolutionist.

Even if Jesus appeared in front of you and kicked you in the balls , your ignorance would still tell you he is a lie

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join