It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions! Those are lies! Do research and do not believe!

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I urge gabby and colbe to read this, and comment.

Did Christianity borrow ideas from other religions? If you're like me, you grew up thinking it didn't. We were taught Christianity began with a big bang—with Jesus. Jesus changed the world with ideas about God that were new and revolutionary.

It ain't so. Our Christianity doesn't come from Jesus and a big bang. It comes from the accumulation of legends and theologies by people who believed in Jesus. The origin of those ideas wasn't Jesus. The origin was the myths, legends, philosophies, prejudices, literature, superstitions, and primitive cosmology of ancient western culture. Christianity was a product of its time and place.

That's what POCM is about. www.pocm.info...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
reply to post by gabby2011

LunaKat can return, it's not hard, go make a good Confession. Tell the priest, you've been away and are returning.

And you know what you can do Colbe... How many times is this now I'm telling you NO? I've lost count its been so many times.

>>>LunaKat, you can post all the scandals you want>Posting Our Lord's present words in prophecy>LunaKat, I was a Catholic in name only for most of my adult life.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

yes..I can respect that you have no desire to be catholic..but please understand that this thread is about Jesus not being a copy of pagan religions.

Is it not ok to talk about my beliefs about Jesus on it? I suggest you skip over the posts that you don't agree with..if they upset you so much.

You can take my posts or leave them.. you have always have the free choice in what you believe..as I do.

We all have the right to our opinions and beliefs on this site.. since when are you the "keeper' of what should be talked about on a thread concerning Jesus?

I see the catholic faith as having many truths..because I may not practice using the sacraments as I feel I should, doesn't make me believe any less in their value.

Gabby it is perfectly fine for you to discuss your beliefs as they pertain to the question which is the topic of this thread. Colbe IF and WHEN he would ever do that can also post on that. The problem is...and if you will go back and reread through the previous pages you will see... is that Colbe normally does not do that. He posts SPAM channeled messages written in this day and age that has nothing at all to do with anything. And he does not take no for an answer. I've lost count how many times I've told him no already when he's tried to convert me. He respects no one but himself.

May I remind you that you had the same choice also? The only reason I am even writing to you now or have ever written is because you first made a comment to me in a post. You opened the discussion between us, not me.

I am not the "keeper" of the thread but for clarity sake and for the interest of those who are participating its nice to stay on topic. A conversion thread belongs someplace else. The title of this thread has nothing to do with any faith coverting people here.

Or are you and Colbe asking me if I can convert you to Paganism?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I see the Catholic Church is the worst of all churches. It has more lines the control structures in it, fear mongering and prejudices than would ever be morally acceptable in today's society. It's past is horrible and horrifying yet people still choose to follow. Some are worse than Jehovah's Witnesses pushing this false doctrine on others.

Colbe is even mixing up in the the world fables of 2012 doomsday cultists. Just for that added bit of fear.
If the Christ of the Bible actually walked the Earth he would condemn the Catholic society. Jesus actually sounds as if he was a Buddhist which I can respect. This forum has done nothing but push me away from Christianity. I will keep reading from time to time because I respect LunaKat and Autowrench but I think I will start to read up on Buddhist from here on out.

I may be wrong but I do not believe there's ever been a war created by Buddhist beliefs me from what I understand Buddhism is more about living then investing in dying. I am more interested in life than death. So thank you Colbe if you represent a true Catholic I want nothing to do with it. You truly have me believing that if you had your way the Crusades would have never ended.

I felt sorry for you the first now I just belief your a sick individual but what I am afraid of is there are millions just like you. I have seen your kind before and hurd your kind rhetoric except they were quoting from the Koran and it was in a different country.

Hi Grimpachi
Hear! Hear! I totally agree with what you said about the Catholic church being the worst of all churches. And I speak from personal experience. Graduated from Catholic grammar school with nuns for 8 years...even attended special things throughout high school with the Church and went to Mass. Its all brainwashing. And you exactly correct about Colbe and his 2012 doomsday cultists. I know exactly where he is getting that stuff from. None of it is Biblical, which matters nothing to me, but he claims to know the Bible. He's mixing things up.

I don't know that I've ever heard of a war that Buddhists were behind. I *thought* and might be wrong, Buddhism is not exactly a religion..its more of a philosophy and many that are in it remain in their original faiths and study Buddhism as well. It doesn't demand anyone leave any other faith to be involved with it...unless I guess they choose to do that.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Originally posted by autowrench

Did Christianity borrow ideas from other religions? If you're like me, you grew up thinking it didn't. We were taught Christianity began with a big bang—with Jesus. Jesus changed the world with ideas about God that were new and revolutionary.

It ain't so. Our Christianity doesn't come from Jesus and a big bang. It comes from the accumulation of legends and theologies by people who believed in Jesus. The origin of those ideas wasn't Jesus. The origin was the myths, legends, philosophies, prejudices, literature, superstitions, and primitive cosmology of ancient western culture. Christianity was a product of its time and place.

This is highly and easily refuted BS.

edit on 24-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Are you a christian? I think its good your thinking of these matters they are very important. Unfortunately in a world full of lies and where Satan runs the world we will never know the full truth until our second life. Do you notice how the truth is so hidden but lies are so revealved? When i started questoning my existence and where I came from a truly became a Christian. I know nothing materlistic is real. Christmas makes me sick now. Nobody cares that we are not down here forvever. Nobody fights for forvever. They only fight for today and whats happening now. When you die you can take nothing with you. The only thing you can take is the work you did for HIM. Helping his kingdom like he told us too. I grew up in a "christian World", i had the perfect teenage years and as soon as i turned 22 he reavealed himself to me. Its soo sad that no ONE knows the truth!! not even the people in churches. Keep doing your research you are on the right track only you can decipher the mystery of life yourself. Through questioning it and learning each day just dont forget God is a part of you. Dont let the world take you away...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

Two things if I may,

First if the Catholic Church is the worst because of their history and doctrine... why are their many versions of the bible still based on their idea of what equals the reality of Jesus? Wouldn't the belief system the Catholics Church hunted down and murdered equal the real Jesus? You know the half of Christianity that prayed to God completely different then Christians do today... I personally find it odd if Christians believe Catholic doctrine is the worst why does the Christian world still promote and worships 90% of the Catholic's version of gospel doctrine? To suggest otherwise is simply not historically accurate... while at the same time prophecy is already fulfilled that said the whole world will be praying to a different God then their ancestors worshiped... Apostasy is what leads to the end of days, not what is created just before God returns... Atleast that's how I'm interpreting the bible. the road to hell is broad, while the road to heaven is narrow. 2 billion Christians all preaching the same tired doctrine, with several different twists and nuances seems pretty broad to me. Funny everyone else is going to hell but not any Christians.

Second saying 2012 does not fulfill any bible prophecy is simply incorrect. Old Testament prophecies have happened this year, and three more are slated to happen next year and several more between now and 2018. To find out what exactly, check your calendar and what lunar or solar events are going to take place on Jewish holidays and festivals. Personally other then the continued stupidity of man and this coming war that will usher in the false peace... I don't fear 2012 at all on a cosmic level... while 2015 to 2018 has me worried because the Catholic version of the bible now has an expiration date of 2018... however it can be argued/postponed and/or dragged out until 2036 and no later. Because of everything I've researched I believe 2015 thru 2018 will be the most brutal years humanity has ever seen... at the hands of humanity and not God I might add.

My studies demand there is only one way to save ourselves from ourselves, and that is to take complete responsibility for ourselves and for the common citizens of the world to rule over all the governments of the world with a rod of iron. And our time to prevent this sickness from happening is quickly closing. (oh and atheists, you are playing your roles perfectly just in case you think half of this nonsense isn't your fault.)

However to understand just how weird 2012 is, click the hyperlink in my signature box. Atleast check out the pictures if you don't want to read the whole thing. Extremely powerful people have been waiting thousands of years to celebrate what will happen on that date... including the hierarchy in all segments of Christianity, Islam and gnostic believers of all types.

--Charles Marcello
edit on 24-12-2011 by littlebunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Originally posted by autowrench

This is highly and easily refuted BS.

edit on 24-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Wow, is that really the best you can do?? Posting a video that mentions ONE out of MANY man-gods that are similar to jesus?? How CONVENIENT... HMMMMM!!!!!

I find it HILARIOUS that this fella in the video named a modern copy of jesus but DIDNT MENTION the others who actually DO PREDATE the jesus character such as:

[color=limegreen]Horus

Krishna
[color=limegreen]Mithras
Attis of Phrygia
[color=limegreen]Zoroaster/Zarathustra
Glycon
[color=limegreen]Heracles
Dionysus
[color=limegreen]Buddha
Romulus
[color=limegreen]Odysseus

What a weak and completely LAUGHABLE attempt at claiming the TRUTH of jesus being a mythical copy cat is "highly and easily refuted BS".

Your arguments in defense of religion are usually incredibly weak, so much that a reply isnt even worth it, but in addition to this one being weak, I felt the urge to reply because its so incredibly laughable.

..."highly and easily refuted BS" you say??!! Jeez man, your replies actually do more harm to your faith than good.

Sorry 'charlie.

edit on 24-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlebunny
reply to post by LunaKat

Two things if I may,

First if the Catholic Church is the worst because of their history and doctrine... why are the many versions of the bible still based on their idea of what equals the reality of Jesus? Wouldn't the belief system the Catholics Church hunted down and murdered equal the real Jesus? You know the half of Christianity that prayed to God completely different then Christians do today... I personally find it odd if Christians believe Catholic doctrine is the worst why does the Christian world still promote and worships 90% of the Catholic's version of gospel doctrine? To suggest otherwise is simply not historically accurate... while at the same time prophecy is already fulfilled that said the whole world will be praying to a different God then their ancestors worshiped... Apostasy is what leads to the end of days, not what is created just before God returns... Atleast that's how I'm interpreting the bible. the road to hell is broad, while the road to heaven is narrow. 2 billion Christians all preaching the same tired doctrine, with several different twists and nuances seems pretty broad to me. Funny everyone else is going to hell but not any Christians.

Second saying 2012 does not fulfill any bible prophecy is simply incorrect. Old Testament prophecies have happened this year, and three more are slated to happen next year and several more between now and 2018. To find out what exactly, check your calendar and what lunar or solar events are going to take place on Jewish holidays and festivals. Personally other then the continued stupidity of man and this coming war that will usher in the false peace... I don't fear 2012 at all on a cosmic level... while 2015 to 2018 has me worried because the Catholic version of the bible now has an expiration date of 2018... however it can be argued/postponed and/or dragged out until 2036 and no later. Because of everything I've researched I believe 2015 thru 2018 will be the most brutal years humanity has ever seen... at the hands of humanity and not God I might add.

My studies demand there is only one way to save ourselves from ourselves, and that is to take complete responsibility for ourselves and for the common citizens of the world to rule over all the governments of the world with a rod of iron. And our time to prevent this sickness from happening is quickly closing. (oh and atheists, you are playing your roles perfectly just in case you think half of this nonsense isn't your fault.)

However to understand just how weird 2012 is, click the hyperlink in my signature box. Atleast check out the pictures if you don't want to read the whole thing. Extremely powerful people have been waiting thousands of years to celebrate what will happen on that date... including the hierarchy in all segments of Christianity, Islam and gnostic believers of all types.

--Charles Marcello

Hi littlebunny, I'm not sure what you know about me..I'm not Christian ok. I get into it with Colbe because I know Catholic teachings from being raised that way. My parents sent us to Catholic schools. But to start you asked about the Bible..I have no idea why the Bible is still being published at all. It is so much in error --look back over this thread..don't just start on the last couple of pages here. People who have been following this thread for quite a while have pointed this all out over and over so not going over all that again. Anyone who has just come into this thread needs to read whats already here.

You mentioned something that I've always found very curious, odd. Ancestors...most Christians ancestors did not come from where Jesus walked or out of Israel. If I'm to go back to my ancestors I would have to look to Ireland (which I do). Ireland was Pagan for a very long time so if I'm to worship the Gods of my ancestors it wouldn't be Yahweh or Jesus at all. I wonder about Chrstians who have ancestors all over the world. Why adopt a religion from a land and a people that most people don't find in their family background? Look into your own family's spiritual heritage..where your people came from originally. Kinda doubt most of those countries were Catholic to start with...especially since its only around 2000 years old. Its really an odd thing to me this worship of Yahweh and Jesus. But I do know how it happened unfortunately through pressure (very much on the order of the pressure Colbe uses...the Inquisitors would of been proud of Colbe...then again so would Hitler).

My personal belief about 2012 is it will be the same as usual. A year of highs and lows like normal. Nothing like what is being tossed around will happen. So I don't even get into that at all. I think its all hogwash. But should I be wrong and people do actually ascend or whatever... I say good. That solves a number of world problems right there. Less demand on our food supply, our housing supply, our world resources. Its all good either way.
edit on 24-12-2011 by LunaKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

What is Week is not knowing that every doctrine of Christianity isn't just NT. But are fortold in the OT
Zech:12-10
Isiah:7-14
Psalm 22
Lev: 17-11
Psalm:16-10
Hab:2-4

Then you have the eyewitnesses recording that Jesus fulfilled all those prophecies.
As well as what he taught and his life and his death and his resurrection.
Historically. Exceptions to Mathew and Mark who were directed by eyewitnesses.

So this arguement is really beyond week. It's completely pathetic. From your camp.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

Hello LunaKat,

For the record I wasn't coming at you persay with regards to the question of bible theology and Catholic forced indoctrination that continues within Christianity who supposedly don't worship the same god as Catholics do. It was more of a question to Christians in general who believe somehow because their bible has less chapters then the standard Catholic version, that they're right and Catholics are wrong, even though their doctrine was created by the Catholic Church.

I was directly addressing your statement about 2012 however, and it not being in the bible... which is not entirety accurate. By letting you and everyone else know there are amazing prophecies and very rare solar events taking place over the next 6 plus years that we cannot simply ignore... especially in light of the physical copies of the old testament prophecies that are 1000 years old that talked about these events in the heavens one thousand years (or longer as the stories go) before these events took and are taking place.

Those prophecies are in fact happening right now and will continue until 2018. While some of these events won't happen again for 400 years, and still others won't be seen by humans for over 28 thousand years... which does in fact make for interesting times seeing how Israel become a nation after two thousand years without a home and the whole world focuses on that region.... Not to mention on the other side of possible prophecies... do powerful people know of a physical return of some kind. Let alone how weird my fellow citizens are behaving here in the United States towards becoming government slaves.

Is this God or man induced prophecy fulfillment happening on the ground as we speak? That is a good question that demands people who call and don't call themselves Christians should examine and reexamine thoroughly and continually. Non believers will scoff at their own funeral which I find entertaining... personally I find non believers and blind religious fundamentalist nothing more then different sides of the same coin. But that's a conversation for another thread entirely. However the greatest threat to Christians isn't whether Jesus' story is original or not, their greatest threat is Apathy... the worst it gets the quicker Jesus will show up, while not realizing the bible demands prophecy fulfillment means we've all failed each other and God... ie warm Christians... and the second greatest threat is PHD Christian Theology book writers. Those people sure know how to kill a good sermon with historical facts regarding words and phrases Jesus never spoke... like: 'he who is without sin cast the first stone...' totally made up!

Even still the truth about God and how to save ourselves from ourselves can be found underneath all the man forced nonsense within the Bible, and the Koran, and the Talmud etc.... just sayin!

Oh yeah... I can't remember the name of the book or the author, yet there is a PHD Christian Theologian who believes Jesus was taught his wisdom by Buddhist monks because of records they found of a young middle eastern looking man who just showed up around the missing years of Jesus' life... I would Google it for you, but I'm sure you've already talked about it and I don't want to keep repeating old conversations.

--Charles Marcello

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hi littlebunny, yeah I'm Pagan. So most of whats in the Bible really doesn't matter to me. I only popped into this thread a while back and got active in it because its also about Pagans. And because I understand what happened when Christianity came in and forced people to believe in it.

That 2012 stuff...you sure it was me? I'm trying hard to think what you're referring to that I said. My stance on 2012 is only what I already wrote you --I think its hogwash. Whether there is Biblical teachings on it or not I don't care. Like I said its all good....if there ever really is an ascension in any year those who want to go will go. Those who don't will have fewer problems to deal with afterwards. There won't be so much demand on the Earth as there is now so its all good.

I'll leave you to debate the finer points of the Christian teachings on it with other Christians.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Littlebunny,
I am still trying to figure where I said exactly that "2012 is not in the Bible." I don't recall saying those words. Although its not, where specifically is 2012 used in the Bible? 2012 has not happened yet. No prophecy for 2012 has occured it is still 2011. If you are referring to what is written in Revelations there have been scores of people who have interpreted Revelations living and dead. It is so symbolic as to leave a wide range of possibilities open. Maybe you are even aware of the Internet preacher, think his name was Harold Camping, who predicted the end of the World according to the Bible. He was wrong not once but several times. Dates came and went and nothing happened. People have always thought the end of the World or the Second coming was just around the corner...it comes and goes, nothing happens. What does usually happens is people hear these things, become upset, do crazy stuff like try to murder their kids so their kids won't suffer through it..that recently just happened too.

In the end..what does it matter? It will either happen or it won't. If you live your life spending all your time on prophecy, you won't be living your life. If there is ever an ascension...big IF... it won't be the people who are expecting it that will go. My intuition says it will be people who were so selfless and working so hard to help people right here (not preaching but actually helping) and who don't have time for this stuff that will go. The quiet ones who run soup kitchens, who care for abandoned children, who walk dangerous streets and help teens get off drugs and more....the kind of people who are too busy doing what is needed to pay attention to this stuff.

Look around..those who know aaaaaall about ascension or end of the world or who is saved and who isn't...really listen to their words here on ATS....and ask yourself do you really want to go anywhere with those people???

A large part of the buzz associated with this 2012 stuff is escapism. People who are discontent here. People who are looking for an easy way out instead of dealing with our world. Again, is that the people you really want to go anywhere with?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Remember this message from God the Father, even if you disbelieve now.

Merry Christmas and love to all, especially autowrench and LunaKat.

+ + +
message to Maria/Divine Mercy

God the Father: My Son is being sent to claim his rightful Throne

Saturday, December 24th, 2011 @ 06:00 pm

My daughter, just as I sent a Saviour into the world the first time to save humanity I am now ready to send My Son, Jesus the Redeemer of mankind, once again to salvage those souls who could not be otherwise saved.

My children must understand the significance of the bitter sweet sacrifice I made for mankind when I sent My Son the first time.

When I realised that the only way to redeem mankind was to send a Saviour I knew I could not expect any prophet or chosen soul to suffer such a sacrifice. I decided through the second person of My Divinity that I would send a Son to save humanity. This was the only effective way to foil the plans of Satan such was my love for My children.

To watch My Son grow up to become a man was both delightful and painful knowing what lay ahead of Him. Yet because of the deep tender love I have for each of My children this was a sacrifice endured willingly in order to save My family.

Now that The Warning approaches I am also preparing the World, through these Holy messages, to welcome My Son for the Second Time.

The Second Coming of My beloved Son is close children. He is being sent to claim his rightful throne when He will reign as King of Mankind.

This glorious event will be spectacular and is the final part of the plan to save the Human Race from the evil that exists in your world. Satan will be cast away shortly. His followers and those wicked of heart will be shocked and dismayed. They will be expected to make a choice at that stage. Drop down and plead for mercy and be saved. Or refuse the great gift which will be presented to them.

My children unite all of you and do not fear ridicule. You are all being guided by The Holy Spirit and are being afforded the protection of the angels and saints in Heaven. It will be up to you, My followers, to proclaim the word and promise of My Son who wishes for these messages to be spread around the world.

It will also be through your prayers that lost sinners can be plucked from the arms of the Evil One.

Children you are in the early stages of the final battle. Your second chance of eternal salvation is being given to you through the mercy of My dearly beloved Son. Don’t squander this opportunity. Join as one in union with your family in Heaven to save your brothers and sisters on earth.

Rejoice this Christmas for it will be a special celebration as you must now help souls prepare for The Second Coming of My Son, after The Warning takes place.

I love you all children. Take my love. Embrace Me, your Eternal Father who will do everything possible to take you all into the New Era of Peace.

God the Father.

www.thewarningsecondcoming.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Starhawk's Charge of the Star Goddess

I who am the beauty of the green earth

and the white moon among the stars

and the mysteries of the waters,

I call upon your soul to arise and come unto me.

For I am the soul of nature that gives life to the universe.

From Me all things proceed and unto Me they must return.

Let My worship be in the heart that rejoices, for behold—

all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals.

Let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion,

honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.

And you who seek to know Me, know that your

seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless

you know the Mystery;

for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself,

you will never find it without.

For behold, I have been with you from the

beginning, and I am that which

is attained at the end of desire.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Seek and ye shall find...

Exactly what you want to believe...

No matter how insipid it is...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

People who claim Jesus was a Paga creation are wrong.

Likewise, those who claim he was a Christian creation are wrong.

Jesus was actually based on an ancient Greek myth of a man born as a demigod via virgin birth, who spread love and peace to those who would listen and was persecuted and eventually murdered by those who refused to believe him.

Christmas was a Pagan thing sure, they created the yule log, the idea of the tree being decorated, celebrating in December with gifts (mostly for the Earth), etc

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Replying about knowing when Our Lord was born. Of course the first
Christians would know the Savior's birth. I ask, what mother forgets the
date of her child's birth? Mary knew the Apostles, the Gospel writers,
she would share the date with them.

And from the Church Fathers, the first Christians...thanks Taylor Marshall. _ _ _

The Church Fathers Testify to December 25

In the previous post, we showed that Christmas could not have been a Christian attempt to replace a pagan holiday with a newly minted Christian holiday. Further testimony reveals that Catholics claimed December 25 as the Birthday of Christ prior to the conversion of Constantine and the Roman Empire.

For example, Saint Hippolytus writes in passing that the birth of Christ occurred on a Wednesday on December 25. Saint Hippolytus wrote this sometime between A.D. 200 and 211! Here's the quote:

"The First Advent of our Lord in the flesh occurred when He was born in Bethlehem, was December 25th, a Wednesday, while Augustus was in his forty-second year, which is five thousand and five hundred years from Adam. He suffered in the thirty-third year, March 25th, Friday, the eighteenth year of Tiberius Caesar, while Rufus and Roubellion were Consuls."

- Saint Hippolytus of Rome, Commentary on Daniel

Also note in the quote above the special significance of March 25, which marks the death of Christ (March 25 was seen to correspond to the Hebrew month Nisan 14 - the traditional date of crucifixion).**

Christ, as the perfect man, was believed to have been conceived and died on the same day (March 25). In his Chronicon, Saint Hippolytus states that the earth was created on March 25, 5500 B.C. Thus, March 25 was identified by the Church Fathers as:

the Creation date of the World
the date of the Annunciation and Incarnation of Christ
the date of the Death of Christ our Savior

In the Syrian Church March 25 or the Feast of the Annunciation was seen as one of the most important feasts of the entire year. It denoted the day that God took up his abode in the womb of the Virgin. In fact, if the Annunciation and Good Friday came into conflict on the calendar, the Annunciation trumped it - so important was the day in the Syrian tradition! It goes without saying that the Syrian Church preserved some of the most ancient Christian traditions and had a sweet and profound devotion for Mary and the Incarnation of Christ.

Now then, March 25 was enshrined in the early Christian tradition and from this date it is easy to discern the date of Christ's birth. March 25 (Christ conceived by the Holy Ghost) plus nine months brings us to December 25 (the birth of Christ at Bethlehem).

Saint Augustine confirms this tradition of March 25 as the Messianic conception and December 25 as His birth:

“For Christ is believed to have been conceived on the 25th of March, upon which day also he suffered; so the womb of the Virgin, in which he was conceived, where no one of mortals was begotten, corresponds to the new grave in which he was buried, wherein was never man laid, neither before him nor since. But he was born, according to tradition, upon December the 25th.”

- Saint Augustine, De trinitate, Book 4, 5.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

A Protestant seer received a message on Christmas day about Our Lord's
Second Coming. Confirms the Catholic message I posted. Everyone, pray every day from now on, take the time, speak to Our Lord from your heart And go to Confession, make a personal to God confession of your mortal sins.

_ _ _

message to Mary Clark

ft111.com...

The Greatest Present

December 25, 2011

The greatest present, the most meaningful present, was presented to mankind on the day of My birth. It was a grand day for mankind. It was a day to be revered for all of eternity. All of heaven broke forth in worship to the Almighty Creator, for it was realized in heaven as being the most wonderful display of love to mankind.

Much time has pasted since the presentation of this present. Much has occurred on earth and in heaven. Many have accepted My present of devotion. Many have snubbed My gift of love, turning away from it and looking to the world for heart satisfaction only to discover an emptiness in their hearts.

On this day, the day of the celebration of My presentation of this gift, I have words to speak to you, My dear children, that come straight from My heart. I am making a return appearance. No, not as a baby in a manger and not as the sacrificial lamb on the cross. I am making a return appearance in a way you know not. You cannot fathom the wonder of this appearance of your mighty King in this day. Suffice it to say, beloved, that I have a plan to show My might and power on behalf of man in a way you have never realized. Know that the appearance of your great King in your lives will manifest shortly and what a day it will be. What a grand day it will be when I present this present of power and might, this love offering that will light the way into your eternal home of happiness with the one Who saw fit so many years ago to present you with a gift that would manifest in any life that would open its heart to receive.

So on this day of celebration I say to you these simple words: Look up, beloved, for your redemption draws near and it will manifest itself in ways that are absolutely too glorious for ones. And let it be said that in the course of this presentation many more will come into the realization of Who the mighty God of the universe is and will bow the knee in worship. What a grand day that will be, what a grand and gloriously wonderful hour is on the horizon of your hearts!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I have something to admit first, I have not read through all of these pages only the first dozen or so, so someone could have said this before and even if that's the case it needs to be said again...

I'm tired of people saying that they think they disproved Zeitgeist and therefore god and Jesus are real. Now, I'm not saying that zeitgeist is perfectly factual, there are holes in what he is saying, but his point is too make you think about religion. It is really scratching the surface of religion and what is wrong with it.

What I would like all these people that believe in god is to disprove the writings of well educated, well respected and well researched men by the name of Dawkins, Hitchins (RIP), Sam Harris, David Mills, Daniel Dennett and Bertrand Russell to name a small number of these brilliant men.

These men have spent much of their lives looking into religion and have come out with many arguments against it, but rather than people trying to disprove their claims they retaliate by arguing with Peter Joesph, a mid 20's art student.

Religious people can say all the derogatory remarks about these men all they want because if these well educated men were on their side they would be literally worshipping them.

For me the book that I read that turned me into an atheist was the bible, the rest were all gravy.

Pred...

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join