It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions! Those are lies! Do research and do not believe!

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
reply to post by WarminIndy

Herod Antipas was ruler at the time of Jesus. He was the son of Herod the Great.

Luke 1:5 THERE was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea...

Herod Antipas was the king, not Herod the Great.

Yes, and like I said, the story of Luke gives a different year of birth than the story of Matthew; how do you know which one is the correct one?

Matthew 2 1Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,

It says Herod the king, still referring to Herod Antipas. Both verses say the same thing.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
WarminIndy, You ask were the Goddesses real entities or just representations --both. It depends what someone believes. To some they are only representations and to others they are real. I can't make a blanket statement on that.

Not everyone worships the Dark Goddess. We are drawn to one or a few Goddesses in our lifetime that we feel a kinship with. Some say they were even called by a particular Goddess. Many people do not actively work with Dark Goddesses. They may choose the Maiden Goddesses if they need that energy, or the Mother Goddesses if she is raising children or bringing anything into creation, or they may choose the Crone Goddesses of Wisdom when they are older.

The Dark Goddess is an uncomfortable idea to many even within the Pagan community at least here in the West. As I've already told you we shy away from topics dealing with death in our culture. Its a problem of our culture more than anything else.

People find the Dark Goddess when they need Her. As I've already explained to you She represents the last stage in the life cycle --the taking. People dealing with end stage diseases or people caught in depression or people resisting the natural cycle of life and death will begin to study the Dark Goddesses. There are far far more Goddesses that do not deal with this. They do not have these aspects so the Dark Goddess is there for those who need Her.

If you decide she is mere symbolism that is your right. To you that is all she would be. Much the same as I view your God and Jesus. If you or someone worked with any Goddess then She would move beyond mere representation. But all religious stories deal in symbolism. They are all just representations on one level, no exceptions.

Ultimately, I cannot help you decide that question for yourself. I can only decide it for me. There are Pagans who don't believe in any Gods or Goddesses at all. We don't have rules on this. Christianity looooooves rules. You want everything spelled out for you. Christians really don't want to think. Thats why they need priests and Popes to do it for them. When you are Pagan or Neo-Pagan that is gone. Each one of us comes to our own conclusion on that and we bear the responsibility ourselves. This is not a light matter. Its very serious to decide your own path. Most people study for a while before deciding. Some learn they are just not at all comfortable with it and don't become Pagan.

To me any and all Gods including yours are energy. Everything or every story ever told about any god is personification of the energy. But it is real and accessible. It is the tool to activate the energy in our lives. Its a way to tap into a specific part of the energy. That isn't how everyone sees it. That is the way I see it. Yes Shakti or Kali or Kuan Yin or Danu is on one level to me a representation and on another level an actual energy of the Divine.

Other Pagans may have different opinions and can tell you theirs. I can't speak for them.
edit on 20-12-2011 by LunaKat because: formatted wrong

edit on 20-12-2011 by LunaKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by TrueBrit

Your worshipful attitude toward the mother (lower case for her, because she is not God or Jesus, Lord or Saviour) of Jesus, marks you as a heretic.

In this post, I made a mistake. I addressed the post to TrueBrit, but meant to address it to colbe. TrueBrit, I am so sorry for the misunderstanding, I will watch it from now on. Thanks for understanding, TB.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

A return to your mocking of Christ. That message of October 21, 2011 did not touch you. Prayers are the only thing....

That's all you have to say to my questions? Shows your mentality, colbe. I am quite aware of the Mary sightings, and they do not mean that much to me. this is just more Christian warnings to give over every part of free will you have in return for a ticket to Heaven. I'm not buying it for a second. I channel and I see visions too, colbe. I don't need you to tell me what is coming.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LunaKat

Originally posted by WarminIndy
reply to post by LunaKat

Your god actually stated in the Bible who to war with, that women and children were treated as spoils of war to be divided among his conquerors, he ordered sacrifices so many unnecessary and brutal sacrifices that Jesus spoke out against it. These things were God's word.

Actually God never commanded sacrifices.

Jeremiah 7:21-23 21Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Put your burnt offerings unto your sacrifices, and eat flesh. 22For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices: 23But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

Isaiah 1:10-12 10Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah. 11To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats. 12When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?

That was a cultural thing, people in those days, regardless of religion, sacrificed animals and people. God never commanded sacrifice. Moses understood that these people he led out of Egypt had been there 400 years under the influence of Egyptian society and they sacrificed because it was cultural in those days. As a means of addressing that issue, he created the law for there to be an understanding just who they were sacrificing to. But God never commanded it, and is happy without it. Sacrifice today is also symbolic, we sacrifice time or things that we might otherwise find enjoyment in, if it means to help someone else. I am not sure about Lent and no meat on Friday, that is a Catholic concept. I eat meat when I want to, but sometimes I eat fish on Friday because I like the McFish from McDonalds. It just does not mean anything to me, because meat is something I have found that my body needs every day. I prefer protein to carbs, so I eat more meat than sugary snacks. Some days I eat no sugar at all, but I am Diabetic, so I can't eat sugar anyway.

We do have to understand the culture and the times in which people lived. Those days were filled with violence and death all the time. In the United States, we don't really have to face it even though there are people murdered every day, but we are still shocked when we hear of it because it is simply not a part of our individual experience, compared to society as a whole. We don't go throughout our day worrying if someone is going to kill us, or a rocket is going to smash into our house. We go throughout our day doing the things we have to do and have a little fun while doing it. We are relatively safe here.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Here is the first sacrifice God asked for that comes to mind when I read what you wrote about sacrifices.

>>>> Genesis 22:2

Then God said, "Take your son, your only son, Isaac, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains I will tell you about."

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Autowrench Colbe is going to deny that he follows channeling cause he says its a new age term. He thinks he sits here in 2000 BC or something. He must be writing his responses to people on stone tablets
I have no idea how he even functions. What in the world he must call a computer? Or a car? He is in complete denial that he is part of this day and age.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

Even though that makes no sense, it makes perfect sense...
It is what it is and it is what you make of it. I think I can understand that. Christians do the same thing, we can only say what it means to us, and how we define it.

As far as rules go, I am not much on making people follow rules because for some people it puts them in spiritual bondage. But some people do need rules, because they might otherwise do some very harmful things to themselves. There are those who do break the rules, because to them, rules are made to be broken.

Even the apostle Paul addressed this..

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

I don't judge people for what they eat or drink or what holy days they celebrate or what sabbaths they choose. Many Christians think you must go to church only on Sundays, some think you must go only on Saturday and some think maybe once a year is sufficient. I have respect for those people who might have jobs on those days we define as the Sabbath, but as my pastor once taught us "Whatever day is the Sabbath to you, then keep it on that day".

If you say to me, my sabbath is on Wednesday morning and I eat deep fried pork rinds with green kool-aid, I would have to say, shabbat shalom. I can't tell someone that because we do it this way, you have to as well. I think many pagans worship during new moons, and I can't judge that.

My brother reminded me the other day that the Winter Solstice is in a few days. He seems to be ready for it.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

If I were to ask you, if I were going to choose to worship the Goddess, which particular aspect of her would you advise me on? As a neophyte, would you only present to me those aspects which are good, or would you gloss over the more sinister aspects?

No, no glossing. To me, personally, the Goddess can be Love, or Vengeance. War, or Peace. She is the Goddess of 10,000 names, and each name bears an attribute. Diana is the huntress, Kwan Yin the comforter, Aphrodite the passion, Athena, wisdom, Brigit, fire and warmth, Ishtar/Inanna love and warrior, Gaia, Mother Earth.

A very long time ago, a group of men attempted to take all of the Gods and Goddesses of the world and condense them all into one, loving, peaceful God, had to be male, see, because men wanted to run everything. The Old Gods and Goddesses didn't go anywhere, they await a call from us, and they will come. Anyone who claims there is only the one has not studied history.

To me, the only way we can have one God is through ourselves. Only then will we be completely equal to the Old Ones. We all need to come together in Love, and that would be the God/Goddess we are all searching for. It is us, folks. We are all Gods and Goddesses in training. What kind of God or Goddess will you be? Will you be kind and gentle, or mean and nasty?

To answer your question, I rather like Diana, and Brigit, and Aphrodite. However, I never call a name, I just call for the Divine Father and Mother. Not to be safe, but to be all encompassing.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Here is the first sacrifice God asked for that comes to mind when I read what you wrote about sacrifices.

Then God said, "Take your son, your only son, Isaac, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains I will tell you about."

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
WarminIndy I do enjoy your sense of humor about things
Pork rinds & green Kool-Aid on Wednesday morning sabbaths, lolol Wheres the Pepto???

The only thing that I would really tell you is that a Pagan view of things is a natural view. Those that are drawn to these ideas are drawn because they see it in in Nature and in their world. There is this pattern and cycle of life and death in everything and many of us think that it must be coming from a Divine origin --the pattern.

edit on 20-12-2011 by LunaKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I am theorizing here (it's my theory, don't read anymore into it) that Nike was actually an early version of Santa Claus. I realize it is a stretch, but two coincidences can mean something.

Could be, but I always thought Santa came from the German, "Sinterklaas," or the Christian Saint St. Nicholas? St. Nick is strongly influenced by early Norse religion. Saint Nicholas was known for giving gifts to the poor. When Dutch settlers arrived in New Amsterdam, they brought with them their practice of leaving shoes out for St. Nicholas to fill with gifts. They also brought the name Sinterklaas, which later morphed into Santa Claus. Although a the Dutch version of St. Nicholas was written about by author Washington Irving around 1809, it was about 15 years later that the figure of Santa as we know it today was introduced.

Here is some history:
Santa Claus History

And here is how I first saw Santa:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

If I were to ask you, if I were going to choose to worship the Goddess, which particular aspect of her would you advise me on? As a neophyte, would you only present to me those aspects which are good, or would you gloss over the more sinister aspects?

No, no glossing. To me, personally, the Goddess can be Love, or Vengeance. War, or Peace. She is the Goddess of 10,000 names, and each name bears an attribute. Diana is the huntress, Kwan Yin the comforter, Aphrodite the passion, Athena, wisdom, Brigit, fire and warmth, Ishtar/Inanna love and warrior, Gaia, Mother Earth.

A very long time ago, a group of men attempted to take all of the Gods and Goddesses of the world and condense them all into one, loving, peaceful God, had to be male, see, because men wanted to run everything. The Old Gods and Goddesses didn't go anywhere, they await a call from us, and they will come. Anyone who claims there is only the one has not studied history.

To me, the only way we can have one God is through ourselves. Only then will we be completely equal to the Old Ones. We all need to come together in Love, and that would be the God/Goddess we are all searching for. It is us, folks. We are all Gods and Goddesses in training. What kind of God or Goddess will you be? Will you be kind and gentle, or mean and nasty?

To answer your question, I rather like Diana, and Brigit, and Aphrodite. However, I never call a name, I just call for the Divine Father and Mother. Not to be safe, but to be all encompassing.

Autowrench I'm very glad that you explained how you see the Goddess. Because although yours and mine are a little different it shows that Pagans are encouraged to decide these things for themselves. There is no law that says we all have to think alike or that we all have to subscribe to the same idea or risk being cast out as heretics or heathens.

I did like what you wrote here. Good stuff man

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I am theorizing here (it's my theory, don't read anymore into it) that Nike was actually an early version of Santa Claus. I realize it is a stretch, but two coincidences can mean something.

Could be, but I always thought Santa came from the German, "Sinterklaas," or the Christian Saint St. Nicholas? St. Nick is strongly influenced by early Norse religion. Saint Nicholas was known for giving gifts to the poor. When Dutch settlers arrived in New Amsterdam, they brought with them their practice of leaving shoes out for St. Nicholas to fill with gifts. They also brought the name Sinterklaas, which later morphed into Santa Claus. Although a the Dutch version of St. Nicholas was written about by author Washington Irving around 1809, it was about 15 years later that the figure of Santa as we know it today was introduced.

Here is some history:
Santa Claus History

And here is how I first saw Santa:

Santa in the Coke advertisement.

I think somewhere along the way, Clement Moore associated the legends of Nike and knew it was the origination of the name Nicholas, and combined the elements he knew to make Santa Claus. I asked my brother the other day, suppose after I am dead and buried next to a tall person, 5,000 years from now, what would they assume about me? Would they define me as being elf like, because I am so short?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Actually God never commanded sacrifices.

Sorry, but I have to dispute you on that.

Exodus 22:29: "You shall not delay to offer the first of your ripe fruits, and of your liquors: the firstborn of your sons shall you give to me."

Ezekiel 20:26: "And I polluted them in their own gifts, in that they caused to pass through the fire all that openeth the womb, that I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I am the LORD."

And let us not forget Genesis 22:1-12:

Now I don't know about you, and how you define a sacrifice, but here is is, the God of the bible did in fact demand sacrifice, along with a lot of other monstrosities, including:
Making false prophecies: (Jonah 3:4. Gen. 5:10)
Changing his mind: (Jonah 3:10)
Causing adultery: (2 Sam. 12:11-12)
Outright killing of human beings: (Num. 16:35, 21:6, Deut. 32:39, 1 Sam. 2:26, Psalm 135:10)
Practicing injustice: (Ex. 4:22-23, Joshua 22:20, Rom. 5:12)
Degrading deformed people: (Lev. 21:16-23)
Ordering cannibalism: (Lev. 26: 29, Jer. 19:9)
Demanding virgins as a part of war plunder: (Num. 31:31-36)

Does this sound like a God of Love?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Autowrench Colbe is going to deny that he follows channeling cause he says its a new age term. He thinks he sits here in 2000 BC or something. He must be writing his responses to people on stone tablets
I have no idea how he even functions. What in the world he must call a computer? Or a car? He is in complete denial that he is part of this day and age.

Yeah, I noticed that. I would love to hear his take on ET/Aliens, and I wonder if he knows the history of the Surface Barrier Transistor?
The transistor is the basis for all electronics, and it came from Aliens. so, if like most Christians, he states that Aliens are Demons, a common theme in here, then he is using a tool given by Demons to post in here. Strange world we live in.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Well, the fact that you told us to do RESEARCH ensures that everything that you told us on this page is an all out lie. You see, when one does THEIR RESEARCH, they find out that, in fact, the story of Jesus has been copied repeatedly.

That's what happens when you tell someone to do RESEARCH.. Which leads me to wonder, what kind of RESEARCH are you doing that you aren't aware of this fact? When ONE does research, they not only look at the bible, but, anything with historical evidence BEYOND the bible. And unfortunately for you, when one does the correct research, they are ultimately led back to this thread to tell you that, "I'm sorry OP, you're wrong, because research indicates that the story of Jesus is an exact REPLICA of pagan, and multitheistic religions which existed before it.

OOPS. You should have stuck to the same rhetoric that most Christians do, which is, "everything that I need to know is already in the bible." Because, once you tell someone to do their research, inevitably, they're going to come back here and say, "Well OP, sorry...you're wrong."

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Yeah, I noticed that. I would love to hear his take on ET/Aliens, and I wonder if he knows the history of the Surface Barrier Transistor?
The transistor is the basis for all electronics, and it came from Aliens. so, if like most Christians, he states that Aliens are Demons, a common theme in here, then he is using a tool given by Demons to post in here. Strange world we live in.

LOL
I need to read up on aliens in the way some of you here talk about. I wish an alien would come here. That would be awesome. But I don't know these things about how they are gods... I gotta find out about that. I know my brother-in-law used to talk about this a number of years ago. And one of my good friends she totally believes there is a cover up about aliens here. But me, I don't know anything, lol. I gotta read up.

Oh oh, I do know that some people think the Tuatha de Danann of Ireland might have been aliens. Because of the way they are said to have come to Ireland.
edit on 20-12-2011 by LunaKat because: added about Tuatha

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I asked my brother the other day, suppose after I am dead and buried next to a tall person, 5,000 years from now, what would they assume about me? Would they define me as being elf like, because I am so short?

That's funny! I was talking yesterday to the family, and was wondering what future Archeologists will think when they dig up our landfills, and find all of the plastic in them?
You know, WarminIndy, I like you, you have a nice way of asking questions, and a nice personality, something perhaps colbe should work to achieve. I take it you live in Indianapolis? I used to live in Monticello, about 100 miles north. Cold up there this time of year.

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join