It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions! Those are lies! Do research and do not believe!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
reply to post by GmoS719

Did I say that a child born from a Virgin would be divine?...The topic isn't about divinity.

Really?

Why are you so defensive of the manner of Jesus’ birth, then? I thought he was supposed to be divine?

If this were a discussion about mythology (which it is, in effect; how differing gods were born and where), then there shouldn’t be sides, should there?

Unless you’ve already taken one, that is.

Who said anything about sides?
I was just disagreeing with you. I mean we could go on and on about this forever if we let it.
It's normal for 2 people to have differing opinions.
You think that Rocks can be virgins and I don't.
I love you.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
So what is the difference between a rock that is a virgin and a rock that isn't? Virgin means not having sex, so I'm not sure how a rock has sex...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Also, JESUS is the one who came up with "Treat others as yourself"... One thing that almost all people can agree on today. That to me is divine, and even if it isn't. It is very important so Jesus has importance.
edit on 2-12-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

If you are talking about the 'golden rule', Jesus is not the one who 'came up with' it. What is really incredible about the idea of treating others as yourself is that it is a common theme in many major religions and spiritual practices throughout the world, with historical records finding a form of it mentioned as far back as 1780 BCE.

So, as opposed to a Jesus or Christian philosophy, it goes much further back in our human history, and actually unites many human religious/spiritual ideas. Kinda beautiful, and I like the fact that it unites religions, as opposed to lending credence to the "This is ours, not yours" attitude that many religious folk have.

Check out the wikipedia page:The Golden Rule
edit on 2-12-2011 by AlphaBetaGammaX because: grammar

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

So what is the difference between a rock that is a virgin and a rock that isn't? Virgin means not having sex, so I'm not sure how a rock has sex...
Neither am I. Apparently my laptop is a virgin too. So is the carpet,desk,tv,playstation,phone,fridge and other the hundreds of inadament objects that are virgins.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaBetaGammaX

Yes, but are you sure those verses from "more ancient religions" weren't added in AFTER Christianity?

Confucianism is indeed older than Christianity BUT the verse about the golden rule was in a Confucian book called "Analects" written in the 4th century... AFTER Jesus....

And some Pagan's stole Christianity's teachings and added them into their old Pagan myths... Even Justin Martyr admitted this...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Gotta love how you all argue about a fairy book, filled with fairy tales, not all from the same spot, collection of scrolls and all I know. Then you talk about virginity and birth, wich sounds like an impossibility, but as it is statedx in the fairy tale book you just swallow it.

The problem with religions is that you really have to be retarded or really handycapped to not start questioning the whole thing. But hey, now come and flame me because I dont have the same beliefs as you, is the most usual for any religion.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
You should read Gerald Masseys "Ancient Egypt, the light of the world"...

What's interesting with that book is his discussion of mythological morphology, where a myth, passes into another tradition, where one archetypal motif becomes replaced by another. The important thing is not the differences, but the fact that EVERY myth that has ever existed has had a spiritual, metaphorical connotation.

You mistake the literal for the thing itself, and so, anyone who knows better knows how ridiculous this thread is.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

reply to post by AlphaBetaGammaX

Yes, but are you sure those verses from "more ancient religions" weren't added in AFTER Christianity?

Confucianism is indeed older than Christianity BUT the verse about the golden rule was in a Confucian book called "Analects" written in the 4th century... AFTER Jesus....

And some Pagan's stole Christianity's teachings and added them into their old Pagan myths... Even Justin Martyr admitted this...

I believe the Analects were written roughly between 500 bc and 200 bc. (Again, going by wikipedia.) However, even if it were written yesterday, there is abundant evidence of the Golden Rule showing up before Christianity, yet you seem to not want to believe this. I have no idea who Justin Martyr is, but looking the name up, he apparently was a Christian apologist. I would recommend looking to other sources, preferably unbiased ones, for additional research.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by arpgme

Funny, I thought Jesus was (according to the bible) born on the 25th of December, in a barn, while 3 wise man traveled to his location following a star? This is purely from memory. Its a book I do not read but was unfortunately forced to attend catholic schools

The 25th of December is not winter time all over the world. In some places the 25 of December is smack in the middle of summer time. Depending on which side of the equator you live on.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I don't know how a rock can give birth to a man child? Who ever told that myth must be very good.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Christian Apologetics are making me think that maybe Jesus is true... What do you think?

edit on 2-12-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

To God be the Glory for showing you in your disbelief the truth. Jesus is true, and because of this every other word in the bible is the truth also. This is the first step to salvation. You must believe every word is true. This is the faith that Jesus is asking you to have.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

So what does it mean when the Gospels disagree? Like when Mark says something different fro Matthew Luke or John?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Yup I walk away because what is the point of arguing with someone who will never change their mind?
Evidence? how can it be evidence when it is made by someone who is already Religious and believes in God, that's the thing isnt it we never see detailed evidence on this subject who start's off from a neutral standpoint do we?
I could make a video on you tube with fancy graphics people in suits who say they are this or that to argue every point he has made, doesnt mean it's right does it?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If you tell me the verses that you believe disagree, I will show you the correct interpretation so that you may know they do not disagree.

I promise with the correct interpretation no verse disagrees with another verse.

edit on 2-12-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

Why do you need a intelligent response to a stupid fairytale belief?
explain that one to me? Oh right, high horse xtian opinions.... riiiight.
nvm, dont need to reply.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I realise that. Australians have Xmas dinner on the beach. Your point is though...?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
-
edit on 2-12-2011 by CoffeeMonster because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Another thread from a member of the newly formed ATS Bible Brigade.

Seriously, back up your claims with real data, youtube videos don't count.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join