It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions! Those are lies! Do research and do not believe!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by StormingHeaven
Jesus was real. The big difference between Him and the others....ascension. All the other guys are still taking "dirt naps". Of course the Catholics still show Him ON the cross! Christians realize He is risen.

He was not the only one who ascended, friend.

"And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven."
(2 Kings 2:11)

"By faith Enoch was taken up so that he would not see death; AND HE WAS NOT FOUND BECAUSE GOD TOOK HIM UP; for he obtained the witness that before his being taken up he was pleasing to God."
(Hebrews 11:5)

Lanto, the ancient Chinese master who lived about 400 B.C. ascended. Paul the Venetian was said to have ascended. Djwhal Khul, also called "The Tibetan," He was known to materialize, dematerialize and bi-locate.

When the Earth goes through her birth pangs again, there will be others who ascend to a higher plane. That is what the whole concept of "going to Heaven" entails. It means an ascension to a higher plane of existence and Spiritual Being.
I just wonder, in the distant future, one man will be raised up as a God like today?
I have always said Elvis would be worshipped as a God in the future.

Thank you very much for this post Autowrench. I have heard of Lanto and Djwal Kul, and Paul the Venetian. Also Kuthumi and El Morya from the Theosophical Society who manifested the "Mahatma Letters".
This is a hard thing for more traditional people to appreciate, as most have been taught that only Jesus ascended and can ascend. Even for Catholics, they use a different word for Mary, they call it the Assumption for her, because of the machism and patriarchal attitudes of civilization. How is it that people can accept Jesus' ascension but somehow Mother Mary herself although being in heaven with Jesus is given a different status.
Also some people simply cannot relate to the concept of having a consciousness outside the physical body, thus they must come up with some man-made cause for the Marian apparitions, such as Project Blue Beam.
Elvis, that's another story, and sorry it's doubtul he finds his place among the great Adepts of the Ages till he grows a bit more.
But I see you have used these other Masters as proof that none of it is real, as I read more of your posts.
edit on 3-12-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
reply to post by GmoS719

If sex wasn't involved - as supposedy in Jesus's case - then it is a virgin birth.

Unless someone had sex with a rock, the term can aso be used as in: "happening for the first time".

Mary was never stated to be a virgin in the hebrew translation...that was misinfo on early christians part because they realized jesus would not be excepted as god if he was born of man.

I know everyone wants proof so here just one of many links confirming this:
mary not a virgin

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

Mary was called a almah which means "young woman" but only a virgin can be a young woman because the only women who were NOT virgins were married women.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by StormingHeaven
Jesus was real. The big difference between Him and the others....ascension. All the other guys are still taking "dirt naps". Of course the Catholics still show Him ON the cross! Christians realize He is risen.

Mithra himself (the main topic of the OP) arose after death, and I bet you can guess when that was. He was crucified, died, was placed in a stone tomb, waited a few days and then ascended into the heavens during the Spring Equinox via a chariot of fire, being pulled by white horses. Kinda like the white horse 'ol J.C. is supposed to come back on.

The entire story of Christ's crucifiction is borrowed, and not only is it borrowed, it was misinterpreted.

edit on 3-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
How does it really matter? I have heard this argument, both sides, over and over. I think we should worry less bout the origin and more about whether we are applying the lessons of Jesus' story to our lives or not. That is just my two cents in this whole argument.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
How in the world do you know Jesus is a myth,magically have no faith in Jesus but somehow know things that are not proven.Jesus vby the way has to be accpeted by faith.Jesus told His own followers to have faith even when they saw him.He even told them to believe in faith after He ressurected form the dead.

I can answer that one. Because we read books, we study into the matter, we research the topic. As I said in a previous post in this very thread:

There is little real evidence Jesus ever existed. Phio never mentioned him at all, and the paragraph in the writings of Titus Flavius Josephus was surely put there at a later time, but someone else. Philo of Alexandria would have been in the best position to have known about such a man, and having know, would have written about him.
But Philo did not write one single word!

Some just do not need a "Master," or a "Lord" to order them about, or to fall down on their knees before. Some of us are strong in Spirit, and some of us are very knowledgeable on the Bible, and it's origins and source material, and of the evolution of the Christian religion. We are quite ware of what you all want, and you cannot have it. You cannot make America into a Christian Nation, and you cannot convert everyone to your faith, and you cannot have all of our money.

Oops, I spoke too soon. I see that you used the evidence for other avatars as proof that Jesus did not exist. My goodness, you twisted that around. That's what I get for not reading the whole thread. Actually I was reading this thread last night as well.
"Master" and "Lord" were words used in past arenas because that was how the civilization used those terms, hence they are in the bible as such.
The updated usage of "Master" is "Adept", but though you know about Djwal Kul, you did not get the memo about him being an Adept it seems. I happen to have the Theosophical publication entitled, "The Masters and The Path" by CW Leadbeater.
Here is the reference to Djwal Kul

To know that a certain man is an Adept it would be necessary to see His causal body, for in that His development would show by its greatly increased size, and by a special arrangement of its colours into concentric spheres, such as is indicated to some extent in the illustration of the causal body of an Arhat (Plate xxvi) in Man, Visible and Invisible.

There is a certain valley, or rather ravine, in Tibet, where three of these Great Ones, the Master Morya, the Master Kuthumi and the Master Djwal Kul are living at the present time.

www.anandgholap.net...

Clearly the book was written before Djwal Kul made his final exit from the physical body.

People throw the baby out with the bathwater, because without the truth, all half-truths do not make sense.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

If Jesus is real AND Divine all without Jesus will go to Hell...
If Jesus is real NOT Divine all without Jesus may go to heaven
If Jesus is NOT real THEN the above statements are null.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by alltogethernow

Very well said, alltogethernow, I happen to be one of these who has experienced an NDE. I am a Wiccan, not an Athiest, but to some in here being a Wiccan automatically qualifies one for doom in the Lake of Fire.

I saw a great many things during the 15-18 minutes I was out of it. Enough to make me know better when someone makes wild, unsubstantiated claims of Hell and punishment for the dead if they are not staunch Jesus followers.

I also saw that everyone is really Immortal, in Spirit anyway, and that we live forever, not just for one time only like some tend to think. How many of you reading this can look down deep inside your memories, and remember an event from a past life, or from several past lives? How many of you are at least somewhat sure you came here to Earth from some-place else?

So, in reality, far away from the fantasy world of book religions, and man-Gods who are supposed saviours of humankind, are the Immortals who inhabit this planet. Earth is a school for Spiritual Beings, and Earth is to be loved and cared for, not dominated and destroyed. We are each here for a Divine Purpose, a purpose we ourselves set into motion before we first came. The sooner we all come to realize who we really are, the better everything will be, for we are Creators, each in our own, and together we are a Force.

link   
reply to post by arpgme

So, I assume by your post that you hope Jesus is real and those who follow not what you personally believe goes to hell?
Typical.

link   
Good job OP, keep up the good work. I personally enjoy the fools who are to lazy to research this topic themselves and instead decide to ignore this thread in hopes their own opinions on Jesus Christ are fulfilled. Keep hoping guys
lol

link   

Originally posted by mutatismutandis

Originally posted by Beamish
reply to post by GmoS719

If sex wasn't involved - as supposedy in Jesus's case - then it is a virgin birth.

Unless someone had sex with a rock, the term can aso be used as in: "happening for the first time".

Mary was never stated to be a virgin in the hebrew translation...that was misinfo on early christians part because they realized jesus would not be excepted as god if he was born of man.

I know everyone wants proof so here just one of many links confirming this:
mary not a virgin

That is not right. How could they translate a word like that wrong and translate all the other words?

edit on 3-12-2011 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Mithra was NOT born of a virgin like Jesus, he was born from a ROCK!

It is true that December 25 is a Pagan thing for the solstice, BUT, Jesus could NOT be born in the winter if you read The Bible...

Krishna was NEVER pronounced "Chrishta" and was NOT resurrected! You can read the Hindu scriptures themselves for proof!

As for the story of Horus, he was NOT the only son of God... And his story does NOT mimic's Jesus...

As for the Greek God Attis, the stories about him being resurrected came AFTER Jesus.

Justin Martyr even admitted that the Pagans were COPYING stories of Christianity and they were NOT there before...

They created these stories to create and opposition against Christianity...

By the way, do you know what the word opposition means in Hebrew!? SATAN!

By the way, the lady that created Zeitgeist is a Satanist wanting to get rid of Christianity and create a Utopian world. Doesn't that story sound familiar like the book of revelations?

What do you think of this? Can anyone refute this refutation! You be the Judge!

I have talked crap about the Jesus story because I didn't actually do research and just believed Zeitgeist! Please if you can disprove what I said, otherwise the evidence stands that the Pagans ADDED Christian like storied AFTER Christianity was...

You know how they say that the bible says that the world is flat?

It does NOT! The world "Earth" also simply meant "Land", it was not a reference to the planet but the nations or the lands!

Also, JESUS CHRIST said that no one has went to heaven but him, so what about Elijah?

Elijah ascended up to the sky NOT heaven! The word for heaven was not used there.

Christian Apologetics are making me think that maybe Jesus is true... What do you think?

edit on 2-12-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

Thank you! You made me stand up and do the happy dance! What a delightful post!!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Now, why would you assume such a thing?

reply to post by Malcher

And that isn't the only mistranslation. There are many others...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Ugh...

I take it you haven't even bothered reading my posts.

Whether or not the man Jesus existed is now, 2011, past the point of relevance. Because it has turned into a belief rather than something that can conclusively be proven correct.

According to the Bible you should not follow Jesus but do as he does. Now within that sentence is the crux of the ENTIRE Bible.

Ask yourself if condemning people to hell is in accordance with how the Biblical Jesus acted.

If you were a smart person, by now, you would have realized that you need to distance yourself from any and all kinds of ORGANIZED religion as a free thinker.

But if you're of a hive-minded people, who don't seem to care about their own corruption but rather their image in public...then by all means, follow the organized religions as much as you want, they are THE perfect place for crooks.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Mythra was known as "the living spirit", "the way", "the truth", "the light", "son of god", "the good sheapard".

Mythra was born Dec. 25 to the virgin Anahita and is believed to be the mediator between god and man, often represented carrying a lamb on his shoulder.

He was wrapped in swaddling clothes and placed in a manger watched over by sheapards.

He had 12 deciples, emphasised baptism, performed "the lords supper", and ascended into heaven.
(sound familiar christians?)

That is just one of the indivuals brought up by the OP, I can keep going with the others if you'd like!

Unlike the OP, I have sources to back my statements (but I'm sure this is all just the devil talking right?):

en.wikipedia.org...

www.truthbeknown.com/mithra.htm

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
Good job OP, keep up the good work. I personally enjoy the fools who are to lazy to research this topic themselves and instead decide to ignore this thread in hopes their own opinions on Jesus Christ are fulfilled. Keep hoping guys
lol

Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

reply to post by mutatismutandis

Mary was called a almah which means "young woman" but only a virgin can be a young woman because the only women who were NOT virgins were married women.

Hate to break it to you, but nothing in the bible says she was faithfull to joseph...and adultry was even in the bible, so you cannot say it wasn't happening. I'm not trying to offened, just stating the facts.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

If Jesus is real AND Divine all without Jesus will go to Hell...
If Jesus is real NOT Divine all without Jesus may go to heaven
If Jesus is NOT real THEN the above statements are null.

But Christianity is not the only faith to argue along that line.
Not that I belong to any faith, but we have a lot of Muslims in my area of SA, and they argue along the same lines.
If Allah is God (and Mohammed pbuh) was His prophet, then if you do not believe and submit you risk hell.
How could an illiterate man like Mohammed suddenly recite the Arabic poetry of the Koran?
Was this not a miracle?
So rather accept one God and His prophet, and then you are spared hell if it is all correct.
Furthermore, you can keep the virgin-birth of Christ as a part of the teaching.
So follow Allah, and if the Koran is right you are spared hell, and if it is wrong you lost nothing.

Similarly the Vaishnava Hindus might say follow Krishna consciousness, and you can make quick advancement to the spiritual world. Do not follow it and you risk longer miseries in the material world, or even hellish planets. You have nothing to lose, even if it's wrong. Although one might add here that in Krishna consciousness all devotion directed at Godhead is a form of Krishna consciousness, but one form is still more direct and superior.

So every religion with an unpleasant afterlife for non-believers uses that argument.
So Christians also risk hell by demonizing and rejecting other faiths, because another faith may indeed be right.
If the Muslims are right, then most Christians might very well burn in hell for all eternity.

edit on 3-12-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

A smart person doesn't assume the religion of another, nor do they assume their intentions...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

reply to post by alltogethernow

Very well said, alltogethernow, I happen to be one of these who has experienced an NDE. I am a Wiccan, not an Athiest, but to some in here being a Wiccan automatically qualifies one for doom in the Lake of Fire.

I saw a great many things during the 15-18 minutes I was out of it. Enough to make me know better when someone makes wild, unsubstantiated claims of Hell and punishment for the dead if they are not staunch Jesus followers.

I also saw that everyone is really Immortal, in Spirit anyway, and that we live forever, not just for one time only like some tend to think. How many of you reading this can look down deep inside your memories, and remember an event from a past life, or from several past lives? How many of you are at least somewhat sure you came here to Earth from some-place else?

So, in reality, far away from the fantasy world of book religions, and man-Gods who are supposed saviours of humankind, are the Immortals who inhabit this planet. Earth is a school for Spiritual Beings, and Earth is to be loved and cared for, not dominated and destroyed. We are each here for a Divine Purpose, a purpose we ourselves set into motion before we first came. The sooner we all come to realize who we really are, the better everything will be, for we are Creators, each in our own, and together we are a Force.

So you believe in Immortals away from the earth, but not saviours of mankind whose message on earth was specifically for the raising up of mankind's consciousness back to Oneness with the Creator? The point of a Messenger of God is to teach mankind who are not themselves able to see the Divine.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join