It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions! Those are lies! Do research and do not believe!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Guess what? Jesus was real. I know firsthand.

Since I know that, and since He claimed to be the only way, the rest are nullified.
edit on 3-12-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Jesus was born in late January early February no one knows the exact date so to say its december 25th is just stupid. He wasn't born in Israel either, he was born in the country we now call Jordan, might of been the country Georgia cant remember.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

Only reason they say its Israel is because its basically the center of the earth

and others say september, october ... geez, apparently at that time there was only 10 months in the calendar .... please supply a you tube video with proof

I always thought the centre of the earth was an iron core

edit on 3/12/2011 by Burgo1010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
It is amazing how people bash and bash and bash christians constantly.Most of the people just laugh or do some kind of nonsense smirk at evidence that Jesus existed.Or they make don't realize tradtonal stuff that grew out of other beliefs. or are to dumb to read and would rather mock christians.Or you get the old bashing of words like Buy-Bull,Xmas,Fudanemtalist chrsitians are all evil,Zionist want to take over the world nonsense.Christians hate all homosexuals nonsense,TBN stealing everyones money nonsense,all though I do not trust some of the TBN preachers.The bashing goes on and on and on and is blantant ignorance.

Oh, I see. Have you seen how Christians bash things in here because they seem to have a strange belief about them? I don't know how many times we have been told all Aliens are in fact Demons from Hell, here at the behest of Satan, or Fallen Angels, here to fool us all into thinking there was live on other worlds. How many of us have been called "Satanist," and "Follower of Demons" simply because we are not Christian? How many times has Bible Quotes filled up a thread so that reading it with an open mind is impossible?

Someone else said we have a "Bible Brigade" in here. I tend to believe it too. Well, no amount of preaching is going to change an educated mind. And no intelligent person is going to fall into religious cult-like thinking just because a few people tell them things, and show them videos made by Christians.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Nothing but trouble makers and liars.All you people amount to.

Now we have all been Judged. I guess all of us secular people will have to go to Hell after all, now, huh? Let me lay some wisdom on you, friend, before you blatantly make another judgement call like that. In the END, you will be your own judge. None could be harsher.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I have extensive opinions about hyper religious people, especially modern Americans who label themselves (with chips on their shoulders) "Evangelical Christians." More like theories actually, because my opinions about the intelligence, rationality, hippocracy, etc. of such people are far more provable than their beligerent My God is Better than Your God junvenile lambastations.

I won't share my theory though, because even alternative websites cower in fear of calling out the violence and hippocracy and genuinely anti-human attitudes of this bizarre, but prominent sect of American society, so put out my theory would draw retribution from moderators.

Isn't it easy to see how Hitler got so powerful until he coul not be stopped without world war? Whether from politial correctness (publlic institutions) or restraint to prevent damage to profits (news media and private sector), no one dares call out the horse pucky of American Evangelicals. Much to our discredit too, because they won't stop until we are at war with everyone.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

How in the world do you know Jesus is a myth,magically have no faith in Jesus but somehow know things that are not proven.Jesus vby the way has to be accpeted by faith.Jesus told His own followers to have faith even when they saw him.He even told them to believe in faith after He ressurected form the dead.

I can answer that one. Because we read books, we study into the matter, we research the topic. As I said in a previous post in this very thread:

There is little real evidence Jesus ever existed. Phio never mentioned him at all, and the paragraph in the writings of Titus Flavius Josephus was surely put there at a later time, but someone else. Philo of Alexandria would have been in the best position to have known about such a man, and having know, would have written about him.
But Philo did not write one single word!

Some just do not need a "Master," or a "Lord" to order them about, or to fall down on their knees before. Some of us are strong in Spirit, and some of us are very knowledgeable on the Bible, and it's origins and source material, and of the evolution of the Christian religion. We are quite ware of what you all want, and you cannot have it. You cannot make America into a Christian Nation, and you cannot convert everyone to your faith, and you cannot have all of our money.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
At the end of the day, whether this book has references to or texts delivered by divine beings or not, it WAS written by men. God would be either way less ambiguous or far more cerebral in his teaching delivered to man, imho. Put differently, Jesus could also be called The Cult of The Dead God. Yes, we killed Him. Dead and gone, done and dusted. I could wax lyrical about the "truth" of many old books but without "divine intervention" it is still the word of a man.

In other words, its just made up.
edit on 2/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

What about the ten commandments? Weren't they supposedly written by God himself?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Relating to the thread subject , i came across another intriguing info on youtube , pls take a look below

edit on 3-12-2011 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

If we can extract eggs from a woman and sperm from a man and then put them together in a test tube, is virgin birth possible and the answer is yes. Who can deny that today? Only those who refuse to understand the truth. Be well.

Funny, I just was saying that very thing a few days ago to a lady who deemed it necessary to save my soul. Know what she said about test tube babies?
"That is playing God, and a mortal sin." "So is any stem cell research."
Christianity as a whole will never accept science in that way. Nor will they ever accept that there are people not like them.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

But whatever Jesus may have told you... I'm sure it's filtered through your beliefs of how you think he'd be...

This guy died and came back to life and he saw the other side and Jesus and Jesus promised to come back before he died... guess what? He died. No Jesus.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Proverbs 18:2
Fools find no pleasure in understanding
but delight in airing their own opinions.

If the shoe fits......

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

It's nice to cop out by just calling others with different opinions "fools" but you have to remember that opinions are most likely based on evidence for AND against Jesus...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

So the (conspiracy) theory goes, yes. But the evidence was destroyed. Our "proof" of that at least does not exist anymore, unfortunately. I believe Moses (?) destroyed them in a fit of rage when he came back down the mountain and saw what his people were up to?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
@ arpgme

please read

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If indeed Mithra was born of a rock, then perhaps there is some truth about the possibility that the Earth is a living creature.

Mithra might have been an avatar of the planet itself.

Also, it's pretty foolish and naive to think that a 2000 year old religion, which is very clearly influenced by a myriad of other much older religions, is the be all / end all of religion.

I hope that in 2000 years Scientology does not become another ridiculous major religion.

L. Ron Hubbard is probably laughing in Hell right about now.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Hmmm sorry I don't think you understood the point .

But hey, if you feel that you fall into the " only taking pleasure " from voicing your own opinion, then who am I to disagree.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by StormingHeaven
Jesus was real. The big difference between Him and the others....ascension. All the other guys are still taking "dirt naps". Of course the Catholics still show Him ON the cross! Christians realize He is risen.

He was not the only one who ascended, friend.

"And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven."
(2 Kings 2:11)

"By faith Enoch was taken up so that he would not see death; AND HE WAS NOT FOUND BECAUSE GOD TOOK HIM UP; for he obtained the witness that before his being taken up he was pleasing to God."
(Hebrews 11:5)

Lanto, the ancient Chinese master who lived about 400 B.C. ascended. Paul the Venetian was said to have ascended. Djwhal Khul, also called "The Tibetan," He was known to materialize, dematerialize and bi-locate.

When the Earth goes through her birth pangs again, there will be others who ascend to a higher plane. That is what the whole concept of "going to Heaven" entails. It means an ascension to a higher plane of existence and Spiritual Being.
I just wonder, in the distant future, one man will be raised up as a God like today?
I have always said Elvis would be worshipped as a God in the future.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Qspeedyrock

Ha, he was just 2000 years ahead of the UN maybe. The new One World Religion also wants to meld all the world's religions into one sanitized, nicely controlled religion.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

It's sad that the first commandment is the love God and the second is to worship no other God...

It's not until the sixth commandment that God finally says don't kill.;..

BAd priorities... Just saying...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Let me spell it out.

Friend, you write as though you are stating absolute facts there, as if you were a first person witness to it.

Mary was a virgin when Joseph married her, but became pregnant, not by him.

You do not know this for a fact, all any of us have is myths and legends to form the thought at all. We you there?

Jesus was given the name "God saves" even possibly by a dream Joseph had in which he was instructed also NOT to divorce Mary. When it came time for Jesus, the baby boy, to be born, they were shut out, and were forced to have the birth in a barn.

Again, you speak as though you were there in person to these things. Here are the facts: The letter "J" was not yet in use in that time, and there is not one Vowel in the entire Hebrew language. So, if J didn't exist yet, and you take out the "e" and "u" because they are vowels, that leaves you with only "ss" as a name for the man. Just saying.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Actually, in Hebrew Jesus was called "Yeshua" And the letter A does exist. It's called aleph!

So Jesus name would be written like this "YSHA"

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join