It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Russia delivers supersonic cruise missiles to Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Russia knows the score. Wait for the US or whoever in the West choose a country to invade and then become friends with that country and sell them tons of military weaponary whilst keeping to the moral high ground and out of harms way.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

You do realize that expensive "hardware" is expensive for a reason and is meant to be used. I like how people ignore the technological ability of Ameria who spends 45% of all nations combined military budgets.

If NATO were to bomb Syria there is no guarantee that American jets would be dropping the bombs. It might even be Canada or Italy just like in Libya. I remember hearing the possibility of Turkey even being considered for this if it is required.

Just in case you weren't aware, there are other countries than the USA in NATO and there is no guarantee that NATO countries will be dropping the bombs if it gets to that point.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Middle East is becoming an axis for all members of the UN Security Council to play pretend war against each other
In the meantime individuals will make a disgusting amount of money out of it

Isnt that something? I've been saying this to my friends outside ATS all the time that while the Idiot Politicians in the ME countries get into mud slinging war of words, the non ME countries continue to sell weapons.

I wouldn't be surprised if the non ME country leaders probably get together on a regular basis, have some champagne and caviar and discuss the gameplan

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

You remind me of one of the Dutch special forces who we captured and interrogated in the serb civil war.Spoke like that about serbian and russian christian orthodoxy.

As for Beslan they were done by CIA sponsored Chechen terrorists who the USA and UK shelter.Typical of anglo-saxon barbarians.
edit on 2-12-2011 by USAisdevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
reply to post by muzzleflash

You sound like a muslim.

We have in no way delivered enough pain and suffering to the muslims in the Middle East.

I for one am enjoying immensely the descent into islamic insanity being paraded before the non-muslim world. They deserve every act against them for their centuries of deception and Jihad. And especially to atone for the Islamic Jihad on the children of Beslan.

You wish death upon innocent human beings and justify your reasoning with the memory of dead innocent human beings !

Enjoying it immensely ?

I bet you do .

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 23432

turk,you are as much a problem as that Natzo.We haven't forgotten what you have done in the balkans for centuries and in 1990-99.

But atleast you were more respectful than the anglo-saxon death dealers to us.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Your time is up.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

It sure is fast. RAMJET engine = Mach 2.5

US Navy Phalanx is obsolete.

Youtube videos have this antiship missile firing from land and the sea.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Thanks for sharing that information

Any suggestion on which keywords I should use to search for the video?
edit on 2-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Thanks for sharing that information

Any suggestion on which keywords I should use to search for the video?
edit on 2-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

Just google :Yakhont missile youtube and it pops up.

The Ramjet engine is the key. The missile is going so fast the Phalanx wouldn't have the
time or the range to engage.

A high power laser could kill it.

Here is the video.

edit on 2-12-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Thanks again

I will embed it for anyone who wants to see it:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

if its chemical based laser then impossible ... now if anglo-saxons are using narrowband hpm then its highly probable than yakhonts would have difficulty to make it.

Brahmos? its a monkey model not full capabilities of moskit and yakhonts.Don't worry .

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

When it's going that fast the range is limited.

An aircraft carrier could stay out of range and send in some Super Hornets to take out
a land based Yakhont missile battery.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

while a possiblity its difficult as locating a flat bed truck if the battery is mobile.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by USAisdevil

I don't see it as a problem. I can think of many ways to defeat the Yakhont.

It does however work so it should sell well.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil
reply to post by 23432

turk,you are as much a problem as that Natzo.We haven't forgotten what you have done in the balkans for centuries and in 1990-99.

But atleast you were more respectful than the anglo-saxon death dealers to us.

Janissary Bey

Many Serbians are looking for an employment in Istanbul .

Many Turks are investing in Serbia .

I see opportunity for growth and progress .

You see trouble ahead .

With all due respect to Serbian Culture ; even your wildest dreams would not be a match for what Turk has achieved already .

You are , it seems , one of those Serbs with a narrow vision .

Chances are that your grandchildren will speak Turk's tongue , again .

How do you like them apples again ?

edit on 2-12-2011 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

if the battery was fixed it would be easy.Mobility of the battery will make it hard.This is why you failed to intercept the iraqi scud trucks.

I can think of many ways to defeat the Yakhont.

Thinking and achieving are different things.I think about getting Ebolapox binary agent and using it to singlehandly decimate the West in a matter of weeks n.Possible ? Yes.Capable? Yes? Unstoppable ? yes.

But will that weapon be made available ?no, it will remain hidden,till a major war starts.Its not that easy to achieve but yes yakonts does not range to deal with carrier unless it has electromagnetic engine that taps the plasma shockwave.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 23432

Chances are great that turks will be speaking russian anyways.

as for serbs having narrow vision.Check Tesla. Russians? I won't be surprised if Homo Sovieticus was achieved or some alien DNA was integrated in them .Kozyrev was even better than Tesla.

biggest investors in serbia is russia.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

if the battery was fixed it would be easy.Mobility of the battery will make it hard.This is why you failed to intercept the iraqi scud trucks.

I can think of many ways to defeat the Yakhont.

Thinking and achieving are different things.I think about getting Ebolapox binary agent and using it to singlehandly decimate the West in a matter of weeks n.Possible ? Yes.Capable? Yes? Unstoppable ? yes.

But will that weapon be made available ?no, it will remain hidden,till a major war starts.Its not that easy to achieve but yes yakonts does not range to deal with carrier unless it has electromagnetic engine that taps the plasma shockwave.

I could do it. Once i destroy the Yakhonts, the Syrians would become discouraged and
just surrender. It wouldn't take long.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

how so ? You can dream but do not have the technical means. Only way is to outrange it or torsional or hpm weaponry.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join