It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i miss my brother

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
About a year ago I posted a question it seemed silly at the time about how a supposed witch tricked my brother into eating cat. I went on asking and researching this and really found nothing other than this lady was extremely weird and crazy.
My brother was the lead singer of a very up and coming rock bank from New Orleans that had got signed to a major deal over a year ago. My brother’s message through song was very raw about religion, faith, drinking and addiction. If you would like to see just Google Southdown Beast inside on you tube and you will see many videos of his work.
After the cat incident, he walked away from the band and his deal. He was involved in a horrible car accident almost leaving him unable to walk. After a few months of recovery he got back on his horse again and decided to rejoin the band. A week later (2 weeks ago) he was found dead in a car parked outside of his home.
I know it sounds silly to think there is any kind of correlation between some crazy self-proclaimed witch feeding him cat and his life coming unraveled, but it makes me wonder.
I loved my brother very much 28 was too young to die. Not only was he my brother but my best friend. I have dreamed of him every night since he died. The dreams are so vivid, it’s like he is trying to tell me something. But I can’t put any of them together. All i know is i miss my brother.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'm sorry for your loss.
About your situation. Seems too personal to comment on.
Hope you feel better.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by saintsjunky

I remember your old thread. I can't remember if I commented in it or not, or what I might have said.

If you don't mind sharing..... how did your brother die? Was it suicide or overdose or natural causes? The witch, and the cat might have had something to do with his mental state. Even if it wasn't a direct correlation, some people are impressionable and she might have been able to exert influence over him. From what you say about his music, it is possible he was just very conflicted and the witch had nothing to do with it.

So sorry for your loss.

If you still feel him in your dreams, then speak to him. Even while you are awake. Talk it out with him. You might start to understand some things in your mind as you talk it out with him. It doesn't take any special power or circumstance, just whenever you feel the urge, go for it.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

((((HUGS))))) for you and so sorry you lost your brother/best friend.

Sometimes we do not know the reason....but I happen to believe there is a reason for all things and it will not become clear to us until the veil has subsided. Maybe he is trying to tell you to let go. I have no idea... only you can figure out his message from the dreams as you are the one experiencing such.

If you are a believer...pray.

If you are not a believer... seek council maybe.

Good luck to you and yours and I pray you find peace. xoxox

Jenn

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I know how you feel fella, My self and my bro was in a band in the early 90's called Fluffy Tuna I was 19 and he 17 he was the best bud I every had and he was spiritual, intelligent and funny.
He went to France for a week and never came back, he drowned, and was in a coma for 3 week's and died. The police #ed up our insurance and we had to pay 30k for medical bills and to get him home, It was in suspicious circumstances how he drowned, and I was very angry with the police and the French, But after time I had to let it go and just remember him.
I think about him everyday and talk to a lot of people about him even though they never met the fella. I just want to keep his memory alive, I suppose thats the best we can do.
But dude just think that your bro is looking at you from somewhere (No Iam not Religious) and when you cock up a bit in life (which we all do) imagine your Brother laughing at you taking the micky, It helps me.
Cheers dude and chin up cos your Bro would want you to get on with your life.
PS we used to meditate together and while meditating I could always feel his presence/aura I don't know and when he died and I meditated I could always feel his presence nect to me, but slowly it left
edit on 2-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

we havent got the toxicoligy report back , but im am no fool. I would be surprised if there wasent xanex and methadone levels that would kill a rino.
I know he had his battles however he loved life but loved geting buzzed too.
thanks for the encourging words.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I wish I had something better than I'm sorry about your Bro.

What more can you tell us about the cat incident?

There are people around here that would know if eating cat is significant.

It sounds completely nuts...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
As a previous poster said, way too personal and sensitive to really answer or speculate on, I do however love this band. Wasn't too sure at first but I'm really enjoying it, so thank-you for the music and know that you have my deepest condolences.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

This has got to be one of the most tragic & saddening stories I've read in a while..

I'm sorry your brother passed away like that..

Tryin' to remember the good times you had together, may help ease the pain of his absence.

But just a quick question.

When you say this witch "tricked" him into eating cat..How was that done? & wouldn't your brother have noticed he was eating cat?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Do you really know what type of meat is in anything you eat? It wouldn't take much trickery to season up some meat and serve it to an unsuspecting person. It could be anything, how would they ever know?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

But if that is the case, then how did he know it was cat that his brother was eating?

&

I have an amazing palette, so I would know what it's in the meats I eat..

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

i remember him calling after it happened and him freaking out..... i asked same question. he simpily asked me do i ever ask what it is i am actly eating when invited to eat over at a friends . i belive he thought he was eating beef stew....it was right after she informed him....she was / is crazy out of control fan type.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by YouDeserveToKnow

thank you, glad to know he can still touch people even while not here

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hi you!

First of all never ever forget your brother, or you, don't need anyone to 'agree with what you feel'.

You OWN your own validation.

If your brother was 'freaked' by being 'tricked into eating cat meat' - then that is what happened and if it 'freaked him' then that is how he felt. Those are truths regardless how people want to manipulate the truth after the fact. So find peace in knowing your truth is YOURS.

You don't need anyone else to validate your bro, or you, or what you went through.

From there? Heart pain has gotta be the worst freaking kind there is. There's no pill, no drug, no drink that makes it any better. If anything 'using' makes emotional pain worse.

It's all up to you, and time. But even with time doing it's healing? Your pain will never go completely away. That's truth, it sucks, but there it is.

Knowing the pain will be with you always is a weapon. It arms you. It makes you strong.
You KNOW when you hear his tunes - you'll hurt.
You KNOW - on holidays and birthdays etc, you'll hurt.
SO - what you need to do - is arm yourself now with PEACE!

You loved him, he loved you. There's peace in that.
He 'got back on the horse'. There's peace in that.
Whatever happened in that car where he died?
THERE IS PEACE IN THAT TOO... It might not be the kind of peace you would have chosen for him, but, it's still, peace.

I went to hear his tunes, and, of course the one with the name SILO in it I had to post!
I don't know who he is on the stage but even though this type of tune isn't the kind I tend to listen to? NO joke, I loved it. They just needed a better sound mixer!

Hugs and please, any time you'd like to have someone who will listen? Just shoot me a U2U!

peace
edit on 2-12-2011 by silo13 because: peace

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

My heart goes out to you, though due to an experience I had at the age of nineteen, I know you will see your brother again! My youngest son "crossed over" four and a half years ago at the age of twenty two, and even though I still miss him terribly, I take comfort in knowing we will be reunited as soon as my turn comes. The experience I had those many years ago, gave me a glimpse of what's coming next after this life, and despite my pleading to be allowed to stay on the other side, I was told it wasn't my time, and was sent back.
These dreams you are having are your beloved brother trying to get hold of you to let you know he is just fine. I can picture your brother almost banging his head against a brick wall, as he asks himself "How do I get through to him to let him know I'm alive and doing well?" When you go to bed at night, try to relax and send your brother positive thoughts, or you can say them out loud if you wish. No matter what method you opt for, he will get the message!
During the short time I was blessed with my own experience on the "other side", the two things I learned were that there is no such thing as death of the soul or spirit, and that we are just as "real" as we were on this side! Keep your chin up my friend, and when passing thoughts to your brother, please say "hi!" to him for me!
Although we don't know each other, your brother will know others are also wishing him well!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I have an amazing palette, so I would know what it's in the meats I eat..

If that's the case, I need you to check out a local chinese restaurant. No kidding. I know what they serve is not beef. I don't know what it is, but I know it isn't beef.
Don't get me wrong, I still eat it, but it is the oddest color and texture of meat I have ever seen.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

One of our Moderators, Kinglizard, had a wonderful experience, and he also knows we will meet on the other side.

My Near Death Experience and Ascent Into Heaven

That is a beautiful account, and a wonderful thread to read. Kinglizard is also great at answering questions are talking about the experience.

Maybe this can help the OP gain a little peace.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Well, I'm asian myself..So..

It's possibly the way in which they cooked & prepared it, that gives it the odd colour & texture.

Couldn't tell you unless I tasted it myself.

But I doubt it's something funny you're eating, coz you'd know the difference instantly from the smell & taste, believe me.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Many thanks for the information, which I'll be checking out shortly! My own experience was so beautiful I begged to be allowed to stay, but was told it wasn't my time and that I had to go back! Maybe some day I'll post the details.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I've been convincing myself it is something in the preparation. Maybe it is pressure cooked, or boiled way beyond the typical cooked amount? It tastes pretty good, but it is rubbery and devoid of much texture. It melts in your mouth, which is a good thing, but it isn't like any beef, pork, or chicken I've ever had. It has the color of pork, and the taste of beef, and the texture of something totally different.

I'm just curious more than anything. If I found out it was rat or cat, I'd probably still eat it.

<<   2 >>

join