It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 year old woman, trapped in the body of a baby..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Found this story about a Brazilian woman who is trapped in the body of baby..

A Brazilian woman, who has neither aged, nor is getting any younger. Born on May 7, 1981, Maria Audete do Nascimento still has the body of a baby.

Experts from the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Ceara believe that what Maria suffers from is a severe deficiency of the thyroid hormone. As a result of hypothyroidism, her body was never able to develop physically or mentally. They also went on to say that if the case had been identified early on, Maria may have grown up as a normal child. The University has agreed to provide free treatment to Maria, to enable her to be a little more independent – to walk, eat and say a few words. But for now she is, in some ways, what every parent wishes for – a child that never grows up.

link to full article

unfortunately i cant download pics on this comp but if you follow the link there is a picture of her..

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]Its very troubling that this was preventable!

I have never heard of anything like that. A baby that never grows up? Wow.

Here is that picture....

edit on 2-12-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
That is a lot of diapers.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
is it just me or did anyone else just look at the poster above's avatar more than the actual picture of the baby

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
She will age, just not physically. Her heart won't beat forever. Shes not immortal.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
So i wonder if her brain is that of a normal 30 year old? This makes me sad. Her having to go through her entire life screaming on the inside,wanting to communicate.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
How interesting.....so does anyone here think she will live longer or shorter?

Body doesnt get bigger..? Less heart stress. Mind of a child? Less life stress, longer lifespan.

But i dont actually know. Anyone?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I always thought that if the cell's in your body could stay the same as a four year old child you would live for a thousand or so years, because at this age the cell's are the best in our life time's.
I will try and get more info on that for you, can't remember where I heard it.
Great find OP, Iam just glad that it seems she has a loving and caring family.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
there is a girl in the USA that has the same condition..or similar condition. She is 19 or 20 and has the body of a 18 month old. She has to have round the clock care.. I don't know even how to find a link for her.

found the linkbrook greenberg
edit on 2-12-2011 by Neopan100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hmm strange genetic anomaly (Check), South America (Check) could there be a conspiracy YES…

Sounds like more of Mengele's work to me...To perfect the philosophers’ stone, the spring of eternal life, the fountain of youth, to become immortal and forever young!

new topics

top topics

join