It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens when we hit the tipping point? “Land of the Freebies, Home of the Enslaved”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I just received the following video from Government Gone Wild and it really paints a vivid picture of our nation's future direction. What bothers me the most is the skyrocketing %'s of those not paying federal income tax. We are currently at 47% so, what happens when the scale tips out of balance?

The video details the govt's desire to get as many people on public assistance as possible and even offering bonuses to states who increase their roster numbers. This is completely Counterintuitive for a nation that is supposed to be on the road to economic recovery.

Check the link for the video and all of the references used to create it
governmentgonewild.org...

Now back to the tipping point...We are already there with Social Security and we are about to drive off the cliff with welfare benefits.

Nearly half, 48.5%, of the population lived in a household that received some type of government benefit in the first quarter of 2010, according to Census data. Those numbers have risen since the middle of the recession when 44.4% lived households receiving benefits in the third quarter of 2008.

The share of people relying on government benefits has reached a historic high, in large part from the deep recession and meager recovery, but also because of the expansion of government programs over the years.

blogs.wsj.com...

The expansion of govt. programs is unprecedented as our nation struggles with a historically weak economy. Does not compute!!

We have a never ending rise in those receiving benefits while the number of those paying the taxes continues to decrease. Hmmmm??

The Keynesian approach is failing as our nation continues to grow poorer as The Fed and our govt. continue to lay waste to the capital that once supported the nation. Our nation is grossly out of whack! and getting worse with each monthly unemployment report and new revelations about top secret loans ($7trillion) outside the scope of TARP. Money just printed out of thin air that is attached to the tax payer to foreclosures and to those under water in mortgages. None of whom received one dime. $7 trillion! is about half of our nations debt. which is currently about $133,000 per taxpayer.

If our nation continues on this path at this rate of constant unbalance we are in trouble. Trouble that will surely begin before the 2012 election.
edit on 2-12-2011 by jibeho because: add image

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Reply to post by jibeho

Maybe im just naieve but do you care to explain to me what competetive edge having most citizens in the country on federal aid would the US government get on the world stage by doing this?? I mean this is counterintuitive to how the world market works.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by jibeho

Maybe im just naieve but do you care to explain to me what competetive edge having most citizens in the country on federal aid would the US government get on the world stage by doing this?? I mean this is counterintuitive to how the world market works.

Not sure what you mean. There is no competitive edge and we are in trouble. The math speaks for itself. I wish I could explain why our govt. is taking us down this path but I can't. To go down that road, you have to look to the progressive agenda that is currently guiding our nation via executive orders and back room deals. The ultimate goal of this group is chaos and collapse that then paves the way for a new form of govt. to rise out of the ashes.

As the dependent population increases, the strain on an ever-shrinking productive population increases. Eventually, the strain becomes too strong and the system collapses on itself. Its already happening in Europe as the unbalanced welfare state collapses.

I'm baffled and am merely seeking some greater input.
edit on 2-12-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by jibeho

The ultimate power is having people running to you screaming we can't take care of ourselves and need your help...Thats when they know they can control you...Just my opinion

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
S & F

Add to that the enormous increase in the number of government jobs, which contribute nothing to the GDP, and we are headed for one gigantic fail.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Do you know how many industry leaders, public office holders, corporate CEOs, industrial subsidy recipients, and war profiteers are "receiving government benefits"? 100% OF THEM.

These entitlements you guys keep whining about are being used by the rich far more than the poor. Immigrants using food stamps are the least of our concerns.

top topics

join