It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Designing Weapons...starring Hedy Lamarr :)))

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I know she was beautiful, but who knew she was also a weapons designer? All on a sketch pad, uh?

Believe it or not, this essentially happened to Hedy Lamarr. Often proclaimed “the most beautiful woman in the world,” the 26-year-old Lamarr was thriving in Hollywood when, in mid-September 1940, Nazi U-boats hunted down and sank a cruise ship trying to evacuate 90 British schoolchildren to Canada. Seventy-seven drowned in the bleak north Atlantic. Lamarr, a Jewish immigrant from Nazi-occupied Austria, was horrified. She decided to fight back, but instead of the usual celebrity posturing, she sat down at a drafting table at home and sketched out a revolutionary radio guidance system for anti-submarine torpedoes.

www.slate.com...

I wonder who else has designed a weapon or weapons system that has not had specific training in the field...anyone else out there that has done anything like this? I know Lou Costello was linked to the modern ice machine...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I have realized that the further I meditate and attempt to sharpen my focus and mental dexterity, my thoughts either form differently or i now witness them form differently. In my mind's eye it is as if they draw out in graphic form with an x,y, and z axis... a three dimensional world. The further I take it the more i realize that simply THINKING about a specific thing for long enough I begin to decode it in its entirety. For instance thinking about 'torpedoes' i immediately think of patterns they make in water, how it correlates to sound, then light. It all goes back to light. But everything can be broken down and analyzed with infinite scrutiny if your mind is focused.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

Not to derail your thread but when I saw that name the only thing I could think of was this, in the wiki article for her:

Mel Brooks' popular 1974 comedy film Blazing Saddles featured a villain named Hedley Lamarr, who is frequently and inadvertently referred to by other characters as Hedy. In an interview included in the DVD release of the film Brooks says that Hedy Lamarr threatened to sue the producers, believing that the running joke infringed her right of publicity. In one scene, Brooks' character tells the villainous Hedley that "this is 1874 – you'll be able to sue her!" Brooks said they settled out of court for a small sum.

She sounds like a smart cookie.

join