It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world IS going to hell. Even the AMISH are doing hate crimes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I... never in a MILLION years would think the simple Amish would get into some good old fashioned self-Amish hate crimes but apparently even they aren't immune to going nutters like the rest of the world.

Apparently a group 'broke away' from their bigger group and, due to squabbling and all, decided to return to their old group and cut the beards off the men and hair off the ladies. Needless to say the FBI et al arrested all 7 for this.

Gets worse though. The head guy of this 'break away' sect treated his people like horror, would physically harm them if they tried to leave, did public beatings, couseled married Amish women by making them sleep with him AND etc.

Not even the Amish. *headdesk*
The world is done for.

Here. Have a link or two:

news.yahoo.com...

www.dispatch.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I do understand what you mean and the underlying stress everyone is under is pretty pervasive throughout society as a whole. I honestly don't think it bodes well for the coming days - months - years.. but something does have to give soon and perhaps an airing of the rage that seems to be lurking inside most people at the moment might be clear the air...

Maybe it'd be healthy is the world went down the gym and pummelled some punch bags rather than each other? but I personally feel the longer this rage is pent up the worse things will be when it explodes.

edit on 2/12/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

People can be bad no matter what they believe in, but boy he does seem a nasty piece of work.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Religious intolerance, pure and simple. History shows it happens to most faiths at one point or another. Sad news.

Reminded me a little of the movie Savage Messiah

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Right? It just freaks me out because the first thing anyone thinks of when they hear the word 'Amish' are peaceful, hardworking, no tech ever, God fearing and obeying kind souls.

And then /this/. It does blow the mind - but also serves to prove the mind is able to think up good or bad no matter what one is born into, how they're raised, etc.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Amish Terrorist Cell
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ohio Amish leader: Beard-cutting religious Statment
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
All race, faith and gender have to control their ego or be corrupted. The problem with the world right now for us is that we are not allowed to be blind anymore and all the dirt that is coming out is overwhelming right now. Many belive it is the new world order. In a way they are right but most miss who is pulling all our strings. If even the amish are upset rigt now then I don't think it is the human puppeteers but a higher power that has decided that enought is enought. This world have always been an unevolved world (Hell if you like the term). You just haven't been allowed to understand it until now.

My only wish is to just get it over with. Harvest, armagedon or whatever. Make the change. Above are my thoughts. Ignore them if you don't like them. Namaste
edit on 2-12-2011 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The world isn't getting worse. Read about Magellan's voyage. Downright savages those people were in that time. Really, we're quite a bit more civil than our ancestors were. There are bad apples in every bunch.

'People long for a past that never existed'.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
There is no reason to be surprised...the Amish are human just like everyone else and prone to the same kinds of greed, lust for power, psychopathy and so forth. You should not have an overly romantic view of these "exotic little groups," whether they are the Amish or a tribe in the Amazon basin. It's easy to set up an idealistic view of these types of people having some kind of greater moral authority because they live more spartan or seemingly "spiritual" lifestyles. Of course if you "do it right," the discipline that comes from adopting an ethos like that of the Amish is enormously powerful and admirable. But make no mistake, just because they dress differently and don't use as much technology makes them no more nor less subject to moral dificulties than the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I heard this on the radio today and I thought the host was pulling my leg.

They didn't just assault the other Amish people they took them into their homes and forced them to under go extended periods of "sexual counseling".
They freaking raped members of their own community.

Most Amish are very pious, and the victims of this event will be scared for life...

Still the evil find something to laugh at part of me finds the whole idea of Amish on Amish crime very funny.
I know it's wrong but I can't help it.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Yet in some respect - if the attackers 'broke off' from the Amish - they wouldn't be Amish any longer would they?

Do I think for one moment the Amish are without their own kind of - hate? No. But comparatively speaking within their culture.

Are we ALL under pressure of fear? Yes. Does fear spawn hate - almost always. Sign of the times? Who knows. Who knows, really, what 'times' we are even in.

peace

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I am not too surprised. They are human beings first. Amish second.Humans have a tendency toward violence and treating each other horribly...Even the Amish.

Actually, the Amish have some pretty harsh traditions. You should check out that show on TV called Breaking Amish ( Something like that) About people who are Amish and decide to leave the community and go to new york because they want to try life our way.

If they do that they are shunned by the entire community. Their family never speaks to them ever again. No one in the community ever talks to them again. It's as if they no longer exist...And all because they just wanted to see the outside world and decide which life they prefer....

So, I am not surprised at all to hear about Amish people being this way towards each other... Really, the Simple Amish are just as complex as you and I.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
I... never in a MILLION years would think the simple Amish would get into some good old fashioned self-Amish hate crimes but apparently even they aren't immune to going nutters like the rest of the world.

Then you don't know anything about the Amish. Incest, rape, and domestic violence is rampant within the family unit in Amish country. Please make me prove it to you. They are sick #s!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
Right? It just freaks me out because the first thing anyone thinks of when they hear the word 'Amish' are peaceful, hardworking, no tech ever, God fearing and obeying kind souls.

And then /this/. It does blow the mind - but also serves to prove the mind is able to think up good or bad no matter what one is born into, how they're raised, etc.

Nope. When I hear Amish the first thing I think of is men who beat their daughters while sharing their sexual fruits with her brothers.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia
They didn't just assault the other Amish people they took them into their homes and forced them to under go extended periods of "sexual counseling".
They freaking raped members of their own community.

Newsflash:
That is what the Amish do

Where the hell has everyone been?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Preconceptions are very powerful things. Just seeing the words "Amish" and "hate crimes" in the same sentence literally gave me the equivalent of an internal blue screen of death. My mind froze up for a minute.

About eight or nine months ago ( give or take ) I watched a PBS documentary about the interactions between the Amish community and the secular community - with specific emphasis upon the teenagers. I'm not positive off hand, but I believe it was an episode of "American Experience" and it showed that many of the Amish youth were very much drawn to the lifestyle of the secular youngsters. Unfortunately, as we are aware, currently secular tastes, especially in pop culture, tend to be very vapid and shallow, focusing upon avarice and violence.

I don't know if these issues speak to this particular event - but they certainly may inform it to some degree.

As for me? I blame Weird Al Yankovich, the Godfather of Amish revolt....

~Heff
edit on 9/21/12 by Hefficide because: bad link

new topics

top topics

join