It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan military ordered to return fire if attacked by Nato forces

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Pakistan's military commanders have ordered their troops to return fire if they come under attack from Nato forces, raising the prospect of further deadly clashes along the country's border with Afghanistan

This could yet ascend into more chaos considering the amount of decisions Pakistan has made entirely on the NATO attack last week where 24 soldiers were fired upon and killed. Originally, Pakistan responded to the earlier engagement by:

blocking the transit of Nato supplies through its territory, ending the US use of an airbase and is boycotting next week's high-level international meeting on Afghanistan in the German city of Bonn.

So, with the new directions to return fire towards NATO troops, i foresee a probable war, if not clash between Pakistan and NATO. Lets hope things don't get to serious.

Source: www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
They need orders to return fire when they are being fired upon? I thought that would be a no brainer.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by rcanem

Yeah, i agree. I don't know who in the right mind would stand there and be shot at while not responding. But, since, the General has now ordered it, it can be argued now that Pakistan is getting fed up with everything. It just seems that Russia, China, Pakistan and Iran have had enouh of NATO's #

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

It is about time someone did. NATO is nothing more than a precurser to a world government. We should stop all funding and withdraw from it immediately. The way they keep pushing I will not be surprised if it turns into another world war before the next decade.
edit on 2-12-2011 by rcanem because: dislexia kickin' in

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rcanem

I agree with you wholeheartedly

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The thing is though if they do return fire it will only end badly for them!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
The thing is though if they do return fire it will only end badly for them!

Yes, but is it escalates ... can we say a bad clash, a potential war. Remember, Pak has Nukes, as does NATO. They have to play their cards carefully so to speak. In today's age, we can't just go around firing at each other, otherwise, someones gonna get pissed and that will be the spark.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by REDCZAR

Seven Eleven? you should come here in my neck of the woods, Indians own the gas stations, Pakistanis have taken over the none profit major hospital here, they are brought in with visas and given jobs as Doctors and technicians including spouses.

That is what is going on here in GA, I guess Pakistanis are good in the medical field more so than our own American graduated doctors.

The irony, perhpas that is where all the tax payer dollars goes in Pakistan to educate Doctors to take jobs in the US

Hell no, Nato is killing our future medical workers
let them fight back, so they can have a chance in our hosptials.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Hell no, Nato is killing our future medical workers
let them fight back, so they can have a chance in our hosptials.

Hell Yeah

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Well done American government... You've done it again.

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I know. The incident that sparked this all off though hasn't even had blame apportioned yet though. Both sides seem to be firmly in the belief that they were right. I have to say though, if i was a Pakistani grunt manning a border crossing, why in the world would i bother attacking afghan military patrols? The whole thing seems skewed, whichever coloured glasses you are wearing to look at the incident - that is to say it doesn't look right from the Pakistani side or from the NATO / Afghan side.

I have to say though, Pakistan would never ever launch nukes at NATO - quite simply they know they would be totally and absolutely destroyed as a nation if they went down that course of action.

Now, launching nukes against India is far more plausible (but equally unlikely).

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Krono

Have they though? The Afghan's that called in the airstrike are adamant that they were being fired on by the Pakistani's.

The simple fact is we may never know who fired first here. That is important as in this particular case NATO were either correct or incorrect in their actions.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Agreed. It is perhaps suicidal for Pakistan to fire of Nukes, however, they do have the backing of China, which is allied with Russia and Iran. What would happen if NATO went into Pakistan? Would China react? Will Pak fire nukes. It seems though that the middle east is just the melting pot where another war has the potential to happen.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

True, they do have the backing of both Russia and China. However, if Pakistan ever used nukes against NATO they would be abandoned faster than even the french have ever surrendered before!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

True, they do have the backing of both Russia and China. However, if Pakistan ever used nukes against NATO they would be abandoned faster than even the french have ever surrendered before!

That may be true, however, if i was the leader of Pakistan while it is being invaded by NATO, why not go out with a bang? You know, the country will go down anyway, why not take out the attackers with you?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
NATO v CRIP (Damn.. Why couldn't it be Albania instead of Iran?)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Battle lines are being drawn. Just watch the news.

Syria, Pakistan, Venezuela, Iran, China, Russia, N. Korea, Cuba, ???
v.
Israel, US, Canada, Australia, Germany, France, UK, ???

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

v.

May I ask why people bring up venezuela? Let me guess...another country the US government has pissed off?

The US government are digging themselves a grave.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

v.

May I ask why people bring up venezuela? Let me guess...another country the US government has pissed off?

The US government are digging themselves a grave.

Chavez has been pissing in the US wheaties for some time now. One of its reasons for picking on Columbia, is because of Columbias allaince with the US. Also, Venzuela has been arming up the last 5 years with Chavez buying billions of dollars worth of new military hardware from China and Russia.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join