It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich Proclaims Himself Republican Nominee

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
In an interview with ABC News Gingrich had the following to say:

TAPPER: “How do you respond to Republicans who say if you don’t draw distinctions with Mitt Romney and others who are attacking you, if you don’t point out their perceived vulnerabilities, Barack Obama and the Democrats sure aren’t going to share that same reluctance and you are doing Obama a favor by staying positive?”

GINGRICH: “They are not going to be the nominee. I don’t have to go around and point out the inconsistencies of people who are not going to be the nominee. They are not going to be the nominee.”

TAPPER: “You are going to be the nominee?”

GINGRICH: “I’m going to be the nominee. It’s very hard not to look at the recent polls and think that the odds are very high I’m going to be the nominee. And by the way I don’t object if people want to attack me, that’s their right. All I’m suggesting that it’s not going to be very effective and that people are going to get sick of it very fast. And the guys who attacked each other in the debates up to now, every single one of them have lost ground by attacking. So they should do what they and their consultants want to do. I will focus on being substantive and I will focus on Barack Obama.”

Balls of steel on this guy eh? I mean the primaries and the nomination is what? Several months away at this point? The conventions only to be held next summer?

I think Newt is setting himself up for a fall. You can watch a video of the interview by following the link.

Source

What do you all think, is Newt a viable candidate? Now that Cain and Romney seem to be lagging behind? Will this sort of confidence help or hurt his poll numbers?

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
And I've proclaimed myself the second coming of John Holmes . . . which makes both me and Newt nothing but delusional little dicks.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
How does he know? Has he been to a Bilderberger meeting
yet?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
These things are decided well in advance of the elections. I thought everyone knew that. It is rigged and has been for a very long time. "They" told him he was their pick and he spilled the beans.

No one seems to remember the "Contract with America" that Newt ran on to be speaker of the house. Not one thing made it to law. Not one. Now he's going to screw us again.

It is always the worst possible candidate. McCain?!? How did that nut become the nominee? They wanted him to lose and they got what they wanted. It's all fixed and rigged.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Newt Gingrich- THE KING OF THE BLOWHARDS! If you really want to know who the next president will be, find out who was called for an audience with the last bilderberger meeting. In the last election Hillary spent half a day there taking off in a huff, when she found out she wasn't the annointed one. Barry however was no where to be found the whole day.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'll be the first to S&F this one.

My first issue with Newt's comments is that he claims to be "substantive". So far all I have seen is the same crap as all but one of the other candidates. Second, he's jumpong the gun just a little with such claims, but you gotta admire his balls to make it this soon.

The only candidate that I have seen make substantive arguments is Ron Paul, but that is just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by REDCZAR

Hillary Clinton is a female version of President Johnson. She throws her hands about and speaks in a very loud tone and demands her way or else. She is a bully. She is well known for it in almost all of her diplomatic engagements.

Bill Clinton does well at the Bilderberger Group meetings because he can look you in in the eyes and smile while plunging the knife deeper. He could sell Eskimos deep freezers for christ's sakes. They call him slick willy for a reason. His wife on the other hand is a bulldog and very demanding.

I called it sometime back that Gingrich would be the nominee. People laugh but watch. I knew the moment he announced his bid to run. Yet another year where I won't be voting for either presidential nominees.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gamesmaster63

The grass roots movement is sweepingly powerful but remember that no matter what, it's the staunch conservative base that counts and it's a massive body of Americans overall and that is who Gingrich appeals to and he does so far more than anyone else.

I think they are all mad and out of there mind. I am not a Ron Paul supporter but he is the only sound option for the republican nomination. He won't get it though.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

You never know. Ron's never had this kind of support before. Sure he had his core crowd, but more run of the mill conservatives are liking what he has to offer.

If there was a time to get Ron into office, it's now.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Yeah sure let's just toss the primaries out the window an declare Newt the winner. What a windbag.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I am aware of a fair number of conservatives taking to Ron Paul but the hard core conservatives are massive and rally to trolls like Gingrich the Grinch. As I always say, just wait and see. Do your part for who you support. I hope you get what you want. I just don't see it happening but we will see as the months go by. I hope I am wrong though.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Law of Attraction.

He is willing it to be so!

Who knows, maybe he will be the nominee. He has a lot of influence in the party, and he's right about the other candidates shooting themselves in the feet.

I won't vote for him, and I don't think he will be able to defeat Obama, buthe might be right about the nomination.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

I'm Canadian, so I'm not getting anything I want regardless

But yeah, I hope Ron takes it, if not, well I don't think Obama will loose to any other GOP candidate. Too well spoken in debates.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ookie

It is always the worst possible candidate. McCain?!? How did that nut become the nominee? They wanted him to lose and they got what they wanted. It's all fixed and rigged.

Well, there were 93 traitors that voted for the defense bill last night. It is no wonder McCain was the nominee last time. He was the most blood thirsty.

Even Mr. Marco Rubio, who I have championed here in Florida, ended up playing along with the party politics.

I believe Newt is an ingrained Republican that will never go against the party wishes, and as such, he would be a terrible president.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Can't blame the guy for thinking positive. I'm sure Cain thought he was going to be the nominee at one point, too. Same with Michele and Mitt. And it is getting close. It's pretty amusing to think that Newt is the best they have to offer. But I thought George Bush was a joke candidate, too. I didn't think such a buffoon would EVER get close to the White House, but he did. Twice! So, Newt's chances are as good as Bush's in my mind.

Come on, Ron... Now is the time to make your move!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

He's making his move! He called out Newt in the latest ad, and also in his latest interviews. The great thing about Dr. Paul, he ignores all the pop news and goes right after the issues. He says, "their making such a big deal about Cain and sex, what about Newt and his flip-flopping."

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
No, Newt.

I'm Sparticus!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I wonder how Newt polls against Hillary Clinton.

We should know more in January 2012.
---------
Newt has a bad habit of shooting himself in the foot.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Well we didn't hear from him for like 3 mnths because he had shot himself in the foot in one of the debates. I'd expect him to be destroyed 1v1 with Obama unfortunetly.

And his whole immigration stance doesn't sit will with extreme or even moderate conservatives, and that's gonna be a big issue considering this is another "economy" election.

~Keeper
edit on 12/2/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join