Intelligent Design is Dead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Yes, it is typical to try and divorce origins from macroevolution - but everyone knows that you can't have even 'micro evolution' without life to begin with. An inconvenient truth if ever there was one

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sinthia

As the article points out, the origin of life is not needed to be able to observe evolution. We don't know the origins of gravity, but we can observe it. Are you suggesting we throw out everything we know about gravity simply because we don't know how it originally came about?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
I think it is time for supporters of scientific truth to quietly celebrate a hard-earned victory.

CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What gets me - is those who want to push ID - are god believers - already going to church - teaching their own kids their belief.

What they really want is to FORCE their belief on those who don't believe or attend chosen institutions that believe and teach ID.

It is basically forcing religious belief in a government program. Not OK.

So I'm thrilled it is dead.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinthia
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Yep the usual exchange of links:
www.trueorigin.org...

I fail to see how ID is dead when one of the most fervent campaigners for evolution is promoting a $50,000 prize for someone to provide a realistic explanatio for the origin of life. With such a fundamental piece of the puzzle missing, to say that ID is dead is ridiculous

To say it is alive is even more ridiculous. If nobody can explain it, there's no reason to assume it's a magical all powerful being. If there is evidence of this being, sure it could be a theory, but there's not. Only god of the gaps.

The theory of evolution has never brought any light to how life began, or how diversity of life came about, or how symbiotic relationships in life exist.

The theory of evolution has never explained how we man have decided to marry and have offspring, and many time marry with weak mates.

The theory of evolution has never explained why life decided to become male and female.

Actually evolution explains all of that, besides the origin of life.

So where's the evidence for your theory? I know evolutions got more than I can count even though you pretend it doesn't exist.

Dude, evolution has no evidence!!! I don't care what scientists say, they are all wrong or just guessing. Monkeys don't give birth the humans, and the banana is shaped perfectly for the hand. Life is complex and I don't understand it, so it must be a magic sky being described in a book from thousands of years ago.

It's just utterly hilarious how creationists hold a scientific field of study such as evolution to such high scrutiny, but when it comes to a magical all powerful creator they just blindly believe it without questioning a single word. Why do the same standards not apply, but yet you dismiss evolution instantly without even learning about it first? Do you so hastily dismiss gravity, or the earth's revolution around the sun? The bible says a lot of nonsense, including that men are superior to women. Do you believe this as well?
edit on 2-12-2011 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

So you're an extra-terrestrial?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinthia
reply to post by Astyanax

ID is not dead. If you check out richard dawkins own website you can enter a competition to try and explain the origins of life. Desperation or what!!!!!!!

Evolution is unproven, and believed by idiots. If you disagree, provide evidence.

I have in my last post .................
edit on 2-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Monkeys don't give birth the humans

LOL They do look at my avatar ...that's me

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
But I've never seen a monkey give birth to a human, how could evolution be true? You think your grandpa is a rock????

Do you even understand evolution?
Why would a monkey give birth to a human?
A star for you for the most stupid thing I have read all year.....

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Intelligent design is not dead. Evolution is not dead.
Both are unproven theories. Neither will be proven or disproven totally.
(unless God Himself appears in the sky and lays claim to creating humans)
There are no eyewitness' to the events ...
And the DNA and fossils (etc) are not eyewitness .... and are lacking to prove anything anyways.
It is .. and will be ... an unending mystery.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
No evidence? The planet alone is evidence, solar system, the galaxy, the universe. A ship cannot exist without there having been a ship-builder, there cannot be a planet without there having been a planet-builder. Science can't measure faith, if it could, it would cease to be faith. Faith isn't a belief in something that is false, that is 'believing in something that is false', faith is believing in something that is true, but not seen, not fully revealed, the mystery must remain for the faith to remain.

How's this for an experiment:

Ask the invisible being who created the universe 1 yes or no question, but before asking, ponder on that question for 1 month, when asking do so in a quiet place, while asking actually muster up the possibility that an answer can be received.

How many scientists have attempted the above experiment I have outlined? I would say less than a few. Using the above method I have reproduced all the proof I could ever want or need, direct communication cannot be denied, it also cannot be proven to anyone but the receiver. The only proof that can be offered is the above experiment, try it or do not, but I have noticed in my time that the only ones who have failed to at least attempt the above experiment are cowardly and/or arrogant.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffeeMonster

I am rh-,I don't carry the gene for the rhesus monkey

I am probably an offspring of the nephilim because of
other issues.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Why are evolutionists and creationists unwilling to accept the possibility that each others views might not be mutually exclusive? Over and over, I have heard these arguments declaring one side right, the other wrong. I may not be a scientist or philosopher, but I am confident in saying that both sides could be right. Creationism and Evolution can possibly coexist. As for the OP's premise that ID is dead: that is their opinion, not everyones'.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by taderhold

The reason why they are mutually exclusive ideas is because, traditionally, Creationism entails not only the world and life being created by God, but that the world and life were created in their current forms. It completely excludes the possibility of evolution.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

But I've never seen a monkey give birth to a human, how could evolution be true? You think your grandpa is a rock????

Do you even understand evolution?
Why would a monkey give birth to a human?
A star for you for the most stupid thing I have read all year.....

So you do indeed believe your grandfather was a rock. If evolution is true then why are monkeys still here? If evolution is true, why haven't half monkey half pig creatures been found? There's no evidence at all for evolution, it is a faith based belief system. The millions of fossils and evidence in favor of it is all fake. Don't you get it? See I don't understand basic scientific concepts because I was home schooled and taught that science is evil, so why should I believe anything besides what my parents taught me as a kid. They wouldn't lie!

playing creationist is fun.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

See I don't understand basic scientific concepts because I was home schooled and taught that science is evil, so why should I believe anything besides what my parents taught me as a kid. They wouldn't lie!

playing creationist is fun.

wait... sarcasm? dangit! use a sarcasm font next time!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Maybe it's a bit of both. It makes more sense to me that aliens created us, but I'll probably never know.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

ID was never alive ... it was just a Frankenstein Monster cobbled together from the corpses of pseudoscience and creationism

And like every bad idea, who's time it is to die, I do hope that it rests ... in peace if possible ... and leaves us be.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Of course evolution is constantly occuring. We now have weeds that are resistant to the active ingredients in herbicides. There are many diseases/virus that evolve to become resistant to drugs used to treat them. This is just a couple of facts from recent events.
www.popsci.com...
www.immunizationinfo.org...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
side note: you may hear of things evolving by their more popular name "mutations".

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
And some plants have evolved because we designed them that way.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join