It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The meaning of life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
For thousands of years mankind has pondered the meaning of life, why are we here? What are our goals not only as individuals but as a race, a species, a civilization.

Watch this video, feel the video, listen to the music, see the glory of the universe.

The thing is, there was never supposed to be a meaning of life. Life just is. Everything in this Universe is connected by one pinnacle point of creation, it doesn't matter what species you are, color, creed, race, anything, everything you see and touch and hear, we are connected by that one point of spectacular time.

Our brothers, sisters in the far reaches of the universe are as much a part of this, we are them, they are us.

Even if our civilization, and everything we hold close, our mighty cities, beacons for the human race crumble beneath our feet, and our once great civilization gets washed away in the sands of time. We will still be part of this universe, our energy, our bodies, everything will be recycled.

Once we understand as a race that we are all one.

Then my friends, then we can say we understand the meaning of our existence.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
completely agree, s+f for you good sir..

i feel that if one is to define the meaning of life, then it must simply be to live.. to swing on the spiral, as it were..

edit on 2/12/11 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by godofme

The meaning of life is a life full of meaning.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by godofme

The meaning of life? Hmmmmmm

Easy answer. There is no meaning to life. Life is what you make of it with whatever surroundings you have. There is no heaven, there is no hell (it's up to the religious nuts to prove that there is ... Not the other way around) It's all about you! Simple, easy done & dusted!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
My answer is 42 and I'm sticking with it.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

that is a clever surprising answer, bravo i give u a star

but it is not about life truth, any truth u dont dare ask any to, hey truth what is ur mean, u cant b above any simple fact or truth which is far beyond facts as more clear all while any

but surely who is asking about life means should be very meaningful, so he might pick one and admit that others could have realized different means as relative livings, what is relative is never real the relativity is real only which is nothing

if true life exist tht question cannot b

the max any could real is its full absolute realization which is the sense of life

now unfortunately forever, only evil is living absolutely, and u all get a sense of living from it that is why surely u keep asking those retarded questions

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcanem
My answer is 42 and I'm sticking with it.

crazy, what mean of life, 42 for sure

concepts use for questions cant get such retarded answers with less concept realisation

what is 42 as a concept? it suppose to represent what exactly?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, try reading it sometime it is full of humor, then again, you might be to serious to realize that the meaning of life itself is life itself. In the book a group of pandimentional beings created a super computer to calculate the meaning of life the universe and everything, several million years later the answer was finally given and it was 42.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I always felt that pondering the meaning of life is a self-fulfilling paradox -

I'm sure that since the dawn of man, our "purpose", "why" we're here, and "what does it all mean?" have been the prevailing questions that, while eternally unanswerable, we can't help but chew and ruminate on (maybe because we will never know the Answer, making it that much more intriguing). What if the Answer is to stop asking "why?" and analyzing something that cannot be known, and to just live, and BE. By not dwelling on figuring out and following through on fulfilling the Ultimate Purpose and being #1 Human or species, the meaning of life is actually answered! Try to find it, and you can never live it. Abandon the quest, and you've found it.

Just what I've always thought. (but I'm pondering and posting, and not just BEing, so I clearly am not fulfilling my Purpose here on Earth - oh, the irony...)
edit on 2-12-2011 by Wifabif because: misspelling

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rcanem

and 42 is suppose to b what? if u mean smthg like me i guarantee that i dont see any means ever, that is how i keep exclusively killing all means when im forced to any, proving that it cant b a mean as it is a lie
other then that there is nothing that is killed too and sense of free right completely abused, when right is more then nothing while of out

it is u the computer fancy that hate truth for what u wish to live endlessly by exploitation of positive free result that u never do, u and ur gods kind of same conscious wills ends

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Your replies are archaic and with no trace of humor. Good luck in your pursuit of the meaning of life, you will need it.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifabif

ok, so it's either about just BEING, or the fact that we can drink Diet Coke because it just TASTES frickin delicious, not because it's no calorie. So I'll drink 6. Cheers to you, Life!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifabif

Diet coke contains aspartame which has many side effects. Mix that drug with caffine and it is very nasty.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
"The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I'd rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless"

-Immortal Technique

Edit- Oh, OP, Immortal Tech also believes we are all One.
edit on 2-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

arghh... then why does it taste like nectar of the gods to me?!? damn it all...
(strangely, can pick the taste of aspartame out of ANYTHING a mile away... but DC beckons louder than water to me still).

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifabif

It tastes like nectar from the Gods because it contains caffine and you are addicted. Also almost everywhere you look there is advertizing for Coca Cola telling your subconscious mind how great it is.
The body wants sugar and it knows it has not recieved any so it wants more sweetness. The body can not be fooled and finds that sugar elsewhere so then eats food with sugar or continues to try to get it's fix from more coke.
If you must drink coke drink the non diet one, it is safer.
edit on 2-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

yes, i know. i'm being tongue in cheek, and a tad silly. i'm quite attuned to my caffeine addiction, and while not making light of addiction, couldn't help but play with the idea that the likelihood of a definitive answer on the meaning of life is basically 0, and a pensive, intelligent "ourselves, our souls, kindness and truth" has the odds of being "IT" as much as the meaning of life being a cold fizzy one during a hectic workday. I'll have to start a thread on the creepy-ass techniques coca-cola's using for advertising - they now create false memories of good times (yikes)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifabif

I see, i get it now, lol. Yes, drinking cola is 'it'. If that is what is happening presently then that is 'the meaning of life' indeed. Just that. The sensation, the being.
edit on 2-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Us finites are here as proxies for the Infinite. Through us, infinite can possess finite which means infinite becomes greater than infinite as a set that is unlimited in its variations and iteration, which requires eternity to complete. As a side-reward for providing this service, we are authorized to enter evermore-newness and expansion of consciousness that will require eternity to complete.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I think you just nailed their next campaign! "The sensation... The being. Diet Coke!"
Nice....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join