It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMERICA [SNIP] YEAH: 13 year old kid arrested for burping in class.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
If you red this kid has been in trouble many times and has no respect for anyone. My wife is a librian and she has several kids that can't come in her room just because they have no clue how to act. Parents called but no car no time you name it. Kid can't pass without library assignments. Parents have programmed their kids to disrespect anyody that tells tham what to do or how to act. A few weeks ago a kid kept spitting on the floor so she kicked them all out and shut down till the parents showed up and the school cleaned and sanitized the carpets. 2 days later the kid was caught pissing on the book racks. He's gone but several thousand dollars wasted because of him.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I hope that school has deep pockets because they are about to get the pants sued off of them. What could these idiots possibly be thinking? This is stupidity at its finest.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
If you red this kid has been in trouble many times and has no respect for anyone. My wife is a librian and she has several kids that can't come in her room just because they have no clue how to act. Parents called but no car no time you name it. Kid can't pass without library assignments. Parents have programmed their kids to disrespect anyody that tells tham what to do or how to act. A few weeks ago a kid kept spitting on the floor so she kicked them all out and shut down till the parents showed up and the school cleaned and sanitized the carpets. 2 days later the kid was caught pissing on the book racks. He's gone but several thousand dollars wasted because of him.

It doesn't really matter how many times the kid got in trouble, or how he disrespects people. It's the fact that he got arrested for burping in class. You simply can't arrest student for passive, disruptive behavior like that. Maybe the parents are doing a crappy job with their kid, but there are other things that can be done to correct the situation. To me, it sounds like this area the kid lives in is troubled with over powered authority. I mean c'mon, you don't see something wrong with cuffing a child with autism to a chair? To me it's just as bad as arresting a kid for burping in a gym. There are other resources out there to help troubled kids, and I believe treating them as criminals now will just lead to them being criminals as adults. Ya, there's bad parents out there, but our so called SYSTEM, that is meant to help us, is screwing our children up worse than we can imagine.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

Excuse me, the fact that they forced this child to Strip nearly naked in front of 5 Adults. That is what is disturbing about this whole situation. The burping aside. They had no authority to force child to do that. To then with hold that information from his parents, suspending him without any explanation.

It is pure child abuse. And they need to answer for their actions. And if you are justifying what they did, then you are worse than they are.

The fact they did not contact his parent with regards to the money he had on him, just shows me that they do not care about childrens rights or the parents rights either.
edit on 2-12-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
There has to be more to this story. Cops and schools can be irrational and downright sadist at times, but bringing a kid all the way over to a juvenile detention center for burping is past the line. Just what was going through these peoples heads, *burp* "A terrorist, get him!" And strip searching a kid because he had some money
. Did they even bother the other kid with the marijuana? World is messed up.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
It is not the part he burped which disturbs me. It is the fact that they forced this boy to strip down in front of 5 other adults.

If I was that child's mothers, I would be also suing for child abuse of a minor. And I would be demanding the 5 adults whom were present, either be sacked or suspended, and then charged.

Unfortunately at a school you give up rights as a student, and the school has almost parental authority. You have no privacy they can make you unlock your car and they can search it in the parking lot.. they can strip search you..etc..

Though it should be added that these rules are in place for a reason, mainly to find drugs and weapons.. however... like any law/rule it is abused by the authority.
edit on 12/2/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Follow das rules!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It would be "Follow DIE rules" if anything.

That aside, I will play devils advocate. Could it be that in the US, just like here in the UK nobody is allowed any longer to punish children in any way, that the only way is to involve the police if they want something done?

Of course the police is absolutely not equipped to deal with children, hence the over the top treatment that ensues. I don't think that this is a case of the NWO pushing in but rather a lack of available ways of dealing with unruly kids. Of course the fact that teachers and even parents are not allowed to do anything and have to rely on the police on the other side could be a plot by the governments after all... I dunno...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Wow, imagine if he farted in class?

Jokes aside, this is some pretty disturbing news..& people wonder why the law is a joke sometimes.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
People should get together and stage a "burp in"...

gather a ton of people and just keep burping in front of the school... lol...

then start a camping trip and continue the burping until people start puking...

I read what you wrote...and I almost fell off my chair laughing....
You cheered me up today. Thank you!

Seriously though.....being arrested for burping? A normal bodily function....next it will be yawning.

"Officer that woman yawned too loud and her mouth was open too wide...arrest her!"

People that are in positions of authority and power..are getting crazier by the minute.

Un-oh...that man scratched his head.....put him on death-row!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Weird story.

Schools are no joke these days. You can be suspended for bringing a Lego Star Wars gun to school in my son's school district.

Don't think the kid deserved to be strip searched and arrested. Perhaps suspension (free holiday for him yay!), or some other corrective action.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
Wow, imagine if he farted in class?

Jokes aside, this is some pretty disturbing news..& people wonder why the law is a joke sometimes.

A noisy smellly one?
Death row anyone?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
There must be more to this story otherwise it makes no sense whatsoever. That is reason enough to suspend judgment for now.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman
There must be more to this story otherwise it makes no sense whatsoever. That is reason enough to suspend judgment for now.

Agreed. Most likely the kid was a problem child and the cop and educators were idiots. Blame goes to both

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Was he burping like one burp, or a serious of obnoxious long and horrible burps and doing it just to be disruptive and obnoxius like his poarents probably already are. (Kids reflect their parents in behaviour).

And if that is the case what DO you do with him?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by mikellmikell

The fact they did not contact his parent with regards to the money he had on him, just shows me that they do not care about childrens rights or the parents rights either.
edit on 2-12-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

Well when I still had school age children at home, I was told by the school board that your rights as a parent ended as soon as your child boarded the school bus, and they became property of the State...

So we put them in Private School, and even Home Schooled them until they were grown and on their own.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I was threatened to be arrested because I wouldn't hand over my cell phone to complete strangers in the 10th grade.

This doesn't surprise me.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
WTF, wow, what happened to the US? Arresting a 13 year old kid for doing something that everybody does naturally. WTF is wrong with the cops?

I don't think you guys quite understand why they would arrest people for burping and farting.

I know more about what its all about, but that's because burp sounds emanate from my throat and farts and fart simulating sounds emanate from my butt all day and all night. It's not me, as I'm not capable of farting every few seconds (it likes to do the really loud sounds when I'm at home, but tries to do a little at work), or making burp sounds emanate from my throat non-stop all day and all night. It's to the point that I can't sleep at night without getting enough liquor.

"It" started out doing other things, like "snore" sounds (it was to the point that if I was on a greyhound bus, I couldn't lay my head down because it would do it so loud [while I'm still wide awake] that the driver was going to call the police [I was sitting near the front]).

Now, that might all sound funny and cause you to laugh, but aliens remotely causing infinite burp sounds to come from your throat and fart sounds and smells to emanate from your butt and snore sounds that are so loud that its criminal is no laughing matter. I don't think any of you understand what a fart sound coming from your butt every few seconds is like. "It" can also do a stomach rumble so loud and awful, that you'd have to experience it for yourself to see what I'm trying to tell you.

Thats what I want to tell you. That there's something else going on. You probably won't listen to me now, but if you think of me later then you can't say that no one knew anything and didn't try to tell you something.
edit on 2-12-2011 by MegaCurious because: clarifying my point

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Just like Stephen Kings' Dreamcatcher! :OOOOOOOOO

I don't care if the kid was habitually disruptive.

Come on 99%...Time to do something.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Good thing he didn't fart...He would have been charged with assault with a deadly weapon!

Honestly this is just beyond ridiculous. Regardless of how he did or did not act in the past, he burped. Then they strip search him because he has money and claim they thought he sold weed?

How on earth did the cops decide to arrest him anyway? I mean, what law was broken that they even had the authority to arrest him?

There MUST be more to it.... I don't understand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join