It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMERICA [SNIP] YEAH: 13 year old kid arrested for burping in class.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
That's some serious scary [SNIP]. I don't wanna be a fear monger but as far as these are not isolated incidents of bizarre abuse of power and authority violence, and are happening all over the U.S. and affecting small children, teens, adults and elders, I wonder if they are signs of an imminent social collapse.

'(CBS/AP) ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - A 13-year-old was handcuffed and hauled off to a juvenile detention for burping in class, according to a civil rights lawsuit filed against an Albuquerque public school principal, a teacher and a city police officer.
The suit was filed Wednesday, the same day the district was also sued by the family of a 7-year-old autistic boy who was handcuffed to a chair. The Albuquerque Journal reports the unnamed seventh grader was arrested last May 11 at Cleveland Middle School after he "burped audibly" in his P.E. class. "Criminalizing of the burping of a thirteen-year-old boy serves no governmental purpose," the lawsuit said. "Burping is not a serious disruption, a threat of danger was never an issue."
The lawsuit alleges the boy was transported to the juvenile center without his parents being notified. It also says he was denied his due process rights because he was suspended for the rest of that school year without "providing him an explanation of the evidence the school claimed to have against him." He was not allowed to call witnesses or defend himself against the burping allegation.

www.cbsnews.com...

"Criminalizing of the burping of a thirteen-year-old boy serves no governmental purpose."

I disagree with this statement in the lawsuit. I think if this government is purposely pushing the society toward the edge, for create a domino-effect of civil unrest events and perhaps turn the country into a neo-nazi-police-state, then these events are serving the purpose of create permanent angry people who will ultimately get involved in some potentially big damaging social event.
edit on 12/2/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/2/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/2/2011 by tothetenthpower because: -Mod Edit- Cencor Circumventioon

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
WTF, wow, what happened to the US? Arresting a 13 year old kid for doing something that everybody does naturally. WTF is wrong with the cops?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Whoa, whoa... wait... the administrators strip searched a minor? WTH?

This is outrageous. There has to be something missing from this story or this is just so wrong it is unbelievable.

I wonder if the police were only involved in the burping issue or if they were also called in for the supposed marijuana. It seems a bit odd if the police were not called for the supposed marijuana and strip search.
And excessive for the burp incident.

edit on 2-12-2011 by BlueBanshee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I have never got why kids get in trouble for burbing and farting. Seems a bit of a damaging practice in some ways; but I guess school is about forming them into fine young slaves.
I hope they win this lawsuit bigtime

eta: thanks bluebanshee; didnt even see that

It also details a separate incident this school year when administrators became suspicious because the boy had $200 in his pocket. He claimed it was because he was going to go shopping after school, but administrators accused him of selling pot to another student. The boy asked to call his mother; instead, they forced the student to strip down to his underwear while five adults watched.
thats gotta be one of the most messed up things I have ever heard. Why do teachers always abuse their power over students?
edit on 2-12-2011 by WakeUpRiseUp because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2011 by WakeUpRiseUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
People should get together and stage a "burp in"...

gather a ton of people and just keep burping in front of the school... lol...

then start a camping trip and continue the burping until people start puking...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Arrested for a burp whats next a beat down for the hiccups? I can see it now " hic* don't taze me brohic*".
Seriously if he was disrupting class they should have called his parents to come pick him up.
Burping is natural so is farting we do it for a reason. Wtf is wrong with the school systems this
is the dumbest thing I have ever read and I have read a lot of my own posts

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
*sigh*.....I'm passed being pissed at this point, it wont help anything.
Just let it all burn down. I'm standing by with a broom and dust pan to sweep up the ashes of this "Once" great nation, so don't worry.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Surely burping is a natural bodily function.

What next, child gets arrested for having a smelly poo.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
It is not the part he burped which disturbs me. It is the fact that they forced this boy to strip down in front of 5 other adults.

If I was that child's mothers, I would be also suing for child abuse of a minor. And I would be demanding the 5 adults whom were present, either be sacked or suspended, and then charged.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
This cannot be true... this is unbelievable... there should be more to this story. I don't know, this is beyond me, it's only a kid as well...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
truly bloody amazing...
So much for land of the free...
Idiocy now is the order of the day in amerika..

Yep.. More freedom in china and they dont arrest kids for burping in china either..

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
With respect to the TnC, all I can say is its interesting to watch your once great nation from a european point of view.

How many proud americans are there left over there really?

You all allowed this crap to happen and I sure as hell know what happens in the US wont stay in the US, its just a matter of time before your reality becomes the reality of the rest of the western world.

Its just sad, so sad.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
truly bloody amazing...
So much for land of the free...
Idiocy now is the order of the day in amerika..

Yep.. More freedom in china and they dont arrest kids for burping in china either..

Nope! In China they give milk with melamine for kids and run over toddlers in the streets. I guess China is not the better place to use as reference of how kids are treated.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

When they criminalize burping, only criminals will be left to burp.

This is so ridiculous. It borders on insanity!

Please stop the madness. It's making me car-sick.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Imagine how much tax payer money they spent on this kid as well? Could be going to more important things like watching our borders, or catching the REAL criminals. Unbelievable...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Yes, I believe it, because there is an alarming number of deranged things happening in the USA right now.

I is really saddening.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Not funny. But, Oh wow.

Wonder how many times the kid burped?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Whats the penalty for farting? What about if You [SNIP] Yourself? Cause thats what I did when I read this story
edit on 3-12-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed censor circumvention

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Can it get any sadder?
Can it get any more bizarre?

If this story is true then where are we headed as a society?
I don't live in America and I feel for those who do.

What kind of people can behave like this? I hope this story becomes very public and that the parents take everyone involved to court. If this story is factual then it needs to go viral and the adults involved need to have their faces and names plastered all over the internet - so that everyone knows who they are and what they did.

Disgraceful and repugnant.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
if something as simple as this right here is not a wake up call to fight against TPTB, I don't know what is.

edit on 2/12/11 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join