It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Cat Cliff Hanger

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I know that animals can love, as does any pet owner. We have a cat that loves my husband. This cat waits in the driveway for my husband to get home, and follows him around the yard/house at all times. It's funny, but also sweet to see what lengths that cat will go through to follow him around.

This lion story happened a couple of months ago, because I remember seeing those photos at the time. Thanks for sharing them, because I am glad to see them again! I just love that mama lion.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I wonder how many cat-lovers professing the cuteness of this story love to chow down on a big steak.

Yes. Think about it.

Vegetarian for 13 years and proud.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Robert Monroe in his O.O.B. journeys came to the conclusion that Earth was created as a 'loosh' farm

forum.noblerealms.org...

..................In the earliest stages -- what we know of as single-celled aquatic lifeforms -- this unrefined Loosh could only be harvested in small quantities at the exact moment of death. Later experimentation brought about plants which were higher-order Loosh producers than the unicellular initial lifeforms; even later experiments yielded larger mobile animals that emitted better quality (though still unrefined) Loosh.

The best quality Loosh was eventually found to be produced during the struggle-for-survival conflicts that took place between the smaller, less well-armed mobiles (that consumed the plants) and the bigger, stronger predators (that consumed the smaller mobiles). These were what we now call the dinosaurs. Although these mobiles produced much better quality Loosh, they were found to be too large and too long in lifespan to be practical in the long term. In one single motion, Someone terminated the life spans of these creatures (i.e. the extinction of the dinosaurs event), and quickly replaced them with smaller and faster mobile units which resulted in even higher Loosh output.

As a side experiment, Someone also created a very different form of mobile -- humans. Although comparatively weak and ineffective, this variety of mobile could take energy from both plants and animals. Also, Someone pulled forth a Piece of Himself to act as a very unique catalyst. This new mobile would be subjected to a strong need for constant mobility, always seeking reunion with the Whole (in Somewhere) from which Someone came.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

No, not missing the point, this happens all the time in nature....just like the heard of buffalo's that go to the aid of a youngster that is being attacked by lions. So to me this is just sensationalism of something that happens all the time.

It's not sensationalism though is it?........maybe it does happen all the time, in fact I'm sure it does.....however it is quite rare that we are privileged to see it.

As another poster mentioned, I think you are missing the point here.
edit on 2/12/2011 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Is one of those "lionesses" a young male? The one in the middle of the three.

edit on 2-12-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
i have to admit i am NOT a cat person. i mean i love the big jungle and savannah cats but not a fan of domestics. They come across as pompous and self centered. BUT that video of the mother cat cuddling her baby was pretty cute..for cats lol.

Animals are the best. Such a purity to them. no bull# like humans. What you see is what you get with them. Calling a politician a snake is an insult to snakes. even calling a politician a slug is an insult to the slug.

Can we have one of those lioness running for parliament? I mean if they would risk their own lives for one of their own im sure they would run the country better than the scum in power now.

Power to the animals.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Is one of those "lionesses" a young male? The one in the middle of the three.

edit on 2-12-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

good catch, it is indeed a young male . You can tell from the under developed mane starts starting to sprout.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Not really a Cliff Hanger.........

Show me a Picture of the "Cliff" the Cub was hanging over.

Showing a picture of the Cliff first, then the story would be more captivating!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
show me a video of a reptile saving it's young , not a mammal

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by ken10

I think your missing the point ken......
2nd line.

Dont worry about it, there are haters everywhere!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by ken10

see? It's contagious...now I'm smiling! It's nice to think they are motivated by love.....

**Starts singing**
Kumbayaaaaa my Lord
Kumbayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Seriously though....I think it's part instinct and part love for their babies!

Consider that love is instinctual, and then it doesn't see at all at odds with the super-right brained mind that would pessimistically dissect this type of action into some sort of selfish survivalistic act. Even reptiles seem to show affection towards each other in the wild.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
On the other hand, it is usual for male lions, upon ousting the pride leader - to immediately kill all the young cubs sired by the unlucky loser. Pure selfish genes at work there I'm afraid.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I like cats more than humans. Humans are so despicable.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

For me, love is an act, not an emotion and is defined by others. So I say while it may be instinct to preserve and protect ones young in the animal kingdom, there is no reason not to suggest that it is a form of compassion and love. Star and Flag for you.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
i really don't like cats but this thread made me go hug my dog. he wanted to play after i hugged him so i had to play with him :\ lol

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

stealthykat what have you done ?
i didnt really like cats at all
i just hope my 8year old girl
doesnt see this she will want them all
star for you
ps i love big cats and yes this does show
love and intel aswell

another ps did you know that theres a big cat that purrs?

this made me feel

s/f to op
edit on 3/12/2011 by maryhinge because: added stars

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Second pic. Lioness has blood on her face. The bunch of them just ate a baby elephant or zebra
Shed a tear for the circle of life. REDRUM.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The animal kingdom is absolutely amazing; have a look at the video below; mothers will do anything to save their children whether it be human or baboon...In this case it was too late but no less a valiant effort

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Do cats love their young??? Are you kidding me? Of course they do! It's not just instinct; it's bonding with life to whom they have given birth and are responsible for their survival. Why do you think most human mothers would die to protect their children? Especially when the fathers of human babies seem to have no trouble just walking away when they get bored? Thankfully, not all dad's are like this, but there are far more fathers who refuse to pay child support and don't seem to mind not seeing their children... but they have no problems starting another 1 or 2 families with other women while their first families are hanging on for dear life to get food and medicine and decent clothing. It happens over and over. Men don't carry the child and feel the child kicking. They don't go through the pain of birth, especially if they haven't married the mother. I see it more often than not, and it's very sad.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
wow i love animals. All the instincts you find in animals you find in humans too. We are not so different..

That is because we are animals. Humans, Homo sapiens, are a species of ape.

Stuff like this happens all the time in nature, but it really goes to remind us just how similar we all really are.

Makes me smile.

edit on 3-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join