It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-cigarettes banned in workplaces in Boston, and city prohibits sales to minors

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Originally posted by no special characters
Are they also gonna prohibit wearing strong perfumes because to me it seems they also produce a lot of vapors.

Knowing the gov rats I guess not.

Pretty soon they'll be outlawing anything that anyone finds offensive.

We'll all be eating Tofu and bean sprouts and doing our federally mandated 2 hours of Yoga.

And wearing carbon filtered underwear in case we fart.

Heck, in Washington D.C. by the capital and what not your not aloud to kiss your spouse or boy or girl friend..Not even hug or you will go to jail...Things are getting really bad..Land of the free is almost gone

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I am wondering if nicotine counteracts fluoride and helps people think more freely?

Very difficult to find the study that claimed nicotine reduced fluoride toxicity but yes I've read about this before. I've been smoking regular cigarettes for 23 years, I do not cough or get sick really. I no longer got ear aches/infections or strep/sore throat since I've smoked. My doctor also told me smoking can be a cough suppressant, which I find to be true.

A couple good inhales of the chemtrail funk and I start coughing. I light up a butt and my breathing is fine. I also notice I managed to live in a heavily fluoridated town for over 30 years and walked away with somewhat normal cognitive functions and intelligence.

I say...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
A Hard Drug is a Hard Drug (even the E-Cigarettes are Nicotine based)
and the Way of Administration should not matter,
there is no Difference between a Needle and a E-Cigarette and my Opinion is
that our Kids should not see the use of Drugs as a normal behavior!

PS; the use of Drugs becomes only a normal behavior when the Society is sick

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
By your logic we should ban coffee, chocolate etc. the list goes on. Comparing e-cigs with needle is bunk too.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Those damn native Americans and aborigine tribes... complete sickos! They were just out of control, reckless, and put material possessions before life.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

That's because cigarettes paralyze the cilia in your respiratory tract, taking away the cough reflex.

Once they are paralyzed (a few seconds after the first puff) they will stay that way for a few hours.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
reply to post by JibbyJedi

That's because cigarettes paralyze the cilia in your respiratory tract, taking away the cough reflex.

Once they are paralyzed (a few seconds after the first puff) they will stay that way for a few hours.

Whatever works.
Everything we eat and drink is harmful to our health these days, and going by the last 10 years statistics and personal experience, cigarettes might kill me around 75-85 years old, non cigarette related cancers will probably get me way before I reach that age.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
just sayin i'm smokin my ecig right now at my desk.

I love it, and just so you guys know, the main health issue with them is not the nicotine, its called Diethylene Glycol.

Its pretty toxic, but hey, it doesn't bother me, one bad chemical is a lot better then 50 some others and some tar.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Normal cigs have what 4000 toxic substances in them? And e-cigs have been tested for safety and they rate between the nicotine gum and nicotine patches.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by Human0815

Those damn native Americans and aborigine tribes... complete sickos!

Afaik the daily (ab)use of Tobacco was not allowed for the 0815-Average so called Indian,
it was a component of a Ritual!

Anyway, not all aboriginal Tribes had a healthy social structure and society

PS: i will change to E-Cigarettes as well as soon i will find a Source for Nicotine!
edit on 2-12-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Your assertion that ECig users have a quitting rate of 50% is laughable. Plese provide me the data supporting this statement. They are not even a smoking cessation technique, they are a replacement product to sustain nicotine levels within your bloodstream.

And no, we do not have "company doctors" on a payroll. We have our blood taken and reviewed by an independent lab. Many times they have caught precursor symptoms in our employees blood that have lead to the discovery of urgent medical conditions. Your notion that they are "in" on a conspiracy to protect our company is insulting. We risk our lives and are a tight knit group of people that have each others' back.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I personally use an e-cig. It has helped me cut down on real cigs alot. Everyone says that the vapor is harmless. But is this completely true? I tried looking before but was unsuccessful at finding hard facts on e-cig health hazards.

E-Cigs are only beginning to become mainstream. Thus I think theres not enough studies on if they are truly harmful or not.

Just like real cigs when they were first introduced into the mainstream america. People didnt think they were harmful. Even doctors put their names behind certian brands.

Does anyone on here actually have hard facts that say e-cigs are harmless?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
ecigs can help lots of people. but just a side note i think the real dangers might be from cigarettes specifically and not tobacco. I say this because my gpaw smoked a pipe for probably 60 years i'm told. he died at 83 from prostate cancer that had spread, he never had lung problems. i know this is only one person tho and it could of just been my gpaws genes not to get lung cancer.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dtrock78

Your assertion that ECig users have a quitting rate of 50% is laughable. Plese provide me the data supporting this statement. They are not even a smoking cessation technique, they are a replacement product to sustain nicotine levels within your bloodstream.

And no, we do not have "company doctors" on a payroll. We have our blood taken and reviewed by an independent lab. Many times they have caught precursor symptoms in our employees blood that have lead to the discovery of urgent medical conditions. Your notion that they are "in" on a conspiracy to protect our company is insulting. We risk our lives and are a tight knit group of people that have each others' back.

Gladly. Here's you proof on 50%. Go ahead and laugh. Also check with the e-cig forums and look at the polls that find at least a 50 % quit rate.

www.biomedcentral.com...

www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk...

Here's one poll from a popular unbiased ( they don't sell e-cig products only offer information) e-cig website. This reflects way over 50 %

www.e-cigarette-forum.com...

Now that I provided you with evidence, you can provide me with proof, not just your hearsay, that those doctors really scientifically, peer reviewed, duplicatable research that back up the claims that the e-liquid caused the health problems for this man. I want scientific details. Get me something in writing from this doctor. I want to know what tests were preformed, how these tests were preformed, what factors were excluded, proof that these tests were not contaminated, what the rational behind diagnosis was etc.

I can and have provided you evidence. Can you provide me anything more than hearsay?

So the doctors are not "company doctors". Yet in truth, you do not have details. You do not know what really transpired, all you know is what someone told you. You do not know if the tests were flawed, or if even the diagnosis was correct. You do not know if these doctors could be bought by private industry to give tests a favorable outcome.

The e-cigs have such a great history of benefits versus adverse effects if this were really true, I would expect this data to be front page news. I would expect this company to release their findings for peer review and further testing. It simply must not be ignored if it is true. I don't see any evidence of that. Can you provide it?

E-cigs were indeed designed by their creator to be a "smoking cessation technique". The inventor designed them ( an ex smoker himself) to be a quit smoking product people would feel more comfortable with and stick to when traditional NRT's failed so badly. the inventor a Chinese scientist named Hon Lik started to invent the e-cig after seeing his father become ill from smoking related disease when the NRT's did not help him quit.

Many people use them to quit smoking world wide as well as people who use them to continue to "smoke" in a much safer manner. It is only in the USA and a few other places that e-cigs are not sold as quit smoking devices.

Study the e-cig forums, actually talk to people who have used them to quit smoking even to wean themselves down to zero nicotine. They all will tell you compared to an NRT it was the easiest way they ever had to quit.

Myself I have quit smoking cigarettes 100%. I have used the e-cig for over 8 months and have not touched a cigarette since. I am not inhaling any smoke, or carcinogens or anything else found in cigarettes that cause harm. I have successfully quit smoking.
edit on 2-12-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Monte-Carlo

I agree I am a 21 yr old smoker...since I was 16 (about 5yrs) I should add I have terrible insomnia .my mom noticed my breathing is starting To whistle and my concern is of course accidentally falling asleep with one...I started ecigs about a month ago and have cut down From a pack a day to just one or two smokes...I feel better sleep better and for vanity look better....I don't understand the issue...nicotine in chemical form that they use in ecigs are just the same as caffeine in pure form..its an addictive stimulus.....just without the other terrible chems

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Whoever wrote the law and that article obviously doesn't know jack about E-cigs.

This so called "dangerous chemical" happens to be in a sizeable chunk of foodstuffs that author probably ingests daily; Food-grade Propylene Glycol.

"Propylene glycol does not cause sensitization and it shows no evidence of being a carcinogen or of being genotoxic." - Straight from the Wiki, that statement has not only one, but two references.

E-Cigs got me off cigarettes to the point where just looking at a normal cigarette makes me gag. If it weren't for them I would probably still be on the road to definite lung cancer.

Seriously smoking an E-Cig on a loading dock is bad?

Lol, I smoke mine whenever I'm on Southwest Airlines (even though they banned them
) and nobody seems to notice or care. The people next to me usually like the fact that it smells like Vanilla instead of 40 year old plane around them.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Ah. 50% quit rate of smoking....I was under the initial assumption you were talking about a 50% quit rate, period. As in, no tobacco/nicotine products at all. Not just shuffling your money to another vendor to continue supporting your addiction.

Diethylene glycol is NOT used in pharm grade inhalants. It is used in the productions of plasticizers and polyurethanes. Oh, and as a solvent, similar to WD-40. It is a nasty compound. Here's a quick history for you on the number of people it's incidentally poisoned throughout its history -

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DJDigitalGem

They're now being sold in local pharmacies around here, when I have recently been quizzically observed puffing on my ecig at the movies. Now to avoid undue attention while I watch a film I stick one end of my ecig an empty soda cup instead of the straw and puff away to my hearts content.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Yes I was indeed seeing red, most definitely. This is something I will not forget, such a stark example of how some people people are so intent on banning anything that does not conform to their ideals, and controlling the lives of others.

i see the same behavior in people regarding various other topics and I just don't get the idea of someone being so intent on controlling the lives of others?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I finally quit using a combination of the patches and Zyban together. Worked like quitting was nothing when before, nothing worked at all. I never tried the E-cigs..However, one of the guys in my college classes last year was using them. I'm not sure about other schools, but community college here had no problems with them being used.

I couldn't help but feel a littl put out the first couple times he did it and realized it was an 'icky' reaction I've come to feel toward the physical act of smoking in general. It's something I never felt while smoking, obviously, but also couldn't understand when people tried to tell me. With the E-cigs tho...I just had to accept it was my hang up, not his....and his using them really didn't have any odor or bother anyone in any direct way at all.

Banning these is just flat wrong for use anywhere, in any way. NO ONE is going to start smoking with these, only quit. In that sense, anything to help people move off the real thing should be encouraged in every way. Shame on any business or authority who would make it more difficult.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join