It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Your Mobile (Cell) Phones Belong To Us!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Surveillance companies can use your iPhone to take photos of you and your surroundings without your knowledge, said a representative from the Bureau of Investigative Journalism at a panel chaired by Julian Assange™ today.

The Register

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Great, but i bet you that they have been doing this for ages with most camera phones

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
It's also come to light that they have the ability to turn on the cell phone and monitor conversations without you ever even knowing. I was looking at some of the newest files released by Wikileaks earlier tonight and there was a company named ABILITY that was selling the technology which, lawfully of course, offers "Interception, Localization and Selective Jamming of 3G (UMTS, WCDMA) Phones".

This mobile unit can selectively force 3G phones in to 2G and then allow their communications to be intercepted. You can look at the document HERE

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
More info here:

Carrier IQ - Everything you need to know

IOS, Android, Symbian, Windows, Blackberry et al

140m US users so far confirmed
edit on 2-12-2011 by lucifuge because: extra info

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Trevor Eckhart's Youtube page about his findings

Trevor Eckhart and Carrier IQ

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
And people laughed when I said I don't have a cell phone, no GPS, no Blackberry, the only PalmPilot I have I wash before every meal... and when I told them why... they said I was "paranoid."

I also have no OnStar, no satellite or cable TV, no laptop, still frequent libraries and read books, know how to read and use maps and a compass,...oh, and I don't like microwaves either.

And I can make a pretty good tinfoil hat, too.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I don't have any of those devices either, but I live within a sea of them. Even the poorest people have them. This world is quickly becoming like the world in the end of that "Wall-E" movie. I saw an ad a few days ago for a new Coke machine, you lay your hand on a pad to get a Coke, it takes your fingerprints and photo and runs them through a database. That, friends, is not the taste that refreshes.

new topics

top topics

join