It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

k.d. lang has a theory...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I'm not sure this is in the right forum, but...

Watching Oz telly now, k.d. reckons there is a link between the Bush Admin', the Atkins Diet
and the American consumer. Why, because of secret deals/donations and intense lobbying
by the relevant groups Meat, eggs ect. The transcript will be on this link in 24hrs,
www.abc.net.au...

Just more pigs in the trough of the consumers wallet.

Sanc'.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The "bread lobby" would sure like to make that connection.

You know the Cattle Ranchers do wield some power. They tried to sue Oprah a while back for saying meat was bad for you. Laughed out of court thank goodness, but Atkins sure did turn the tide.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Hmmmm Will Kerry flip flop on the meat issue? Veggie power will be the new campaign motto

Or most offen overheard on the Kerry Bus:

Ya want lentils with that?

[edit on 6-9-2004 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Well, never fear!!!
The mainstrream food industry in America has jumped on the low carb bandwagon. They have quickly supplied the American consumer with over-processed "low carb" foods chock full or addiitives and chemicals.

The whole point of low carb is to rid the body of empty carbs, like white rice, white potatoes, white bread and white sugar. Whole grains are encouraged. Along with portions of veggies and fruit.
The whole point is to avoid the wild sugar swings these processed carbs produce. It encourages better health.

There is NO such thing as a NO carb diet

There is not conspiracy there, the meat and dairy lobbyists are just as evil as the corn, wheat and sugar lobbyists, I daresay!!!
BUT I do wonder is Dr. Atkins fell on his own> I think he may have had help in his fall

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Americans are just 'fad diet crazy'. It was Low Calories in the 80s, Low Fat in the 90s, Low Carbs in the 00s. The food industry has catered to each fad because they want to make money, pure and simple. Anyone who doesn't notice it has their eyes closed.

KD Lang should stick to music. This will be spun by the Right as another 'liberal entertainer' taking a stupid position against Bush. It fascinates me that these people don't realize they're giving ammunition to the Republican attack machine. And they call Bush 'stupid'. Whatever...

My personal opinion is that the biggest factor in Americans expanding waistline is inactivity more than anything else. I live in the mid-west, but travel to New York City for business sometimes, always notice how much thinner New Yorkers are - probably because the walk so much. If only more cities would encourage bicycling, walking, and public transportation.

top topics

join