It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy against starring posts......

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Originally posted by el1jah

That is true, most of my well thought out posts dont get much attention, my 'clever' posts get more than the op (if Im quick enough)
Short attention span. Regardless of how much time and detail is put into it, the sad but true fact is that most people who see it will not read it in it's entirety.

.....marketing strategies, with a core understanding of what threads attract what viewers, advertisments, colour schemes, page lay outs, all can be tactically prepared to 'trick' someone into liking a product.

I really don't know. I've never clicked it. This is just an honest question:
Isn't some of that what the 'Google+1' thing is used for?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

I just tested that, and typed "goldman sachs federal government" and got my thread as the 3rd result in Google. The actual title is "goldman sachs *is* the federal government - the venn diagram". So even Google is indexing these threads under loose terms not exact - as someone is more likely to search the above term rather than know an actual thread titled. It comes up under Jon Corzine and the Wikipedia page for Goldman Sachs.

See it for yourself: lmgtfy.com...

As to the stars and flags, I think it's more effective to get tracked by the government starting extremist threads, likely an FBI job, and then seeing who joins in with extremist views.
edit on 2-12-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

As far as I know it can't be logged back to each person that clicked.

Ever tried to star something twice? Doesn't work. If ATS wanted to track every click every user ever made on this site, it's easily done. I am not saying they are. I'm just saying it's easily accomplished. They already have everything in place they need to do it.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

you may be on to something logical. I once thought that some threads were and are started by those you mention who may be observing from outside to do mental evals and to test receptivness in relation to sensitive topics like ET/ALien Earth or Near Earth presence. Sometimes it seems like intentional post are from those you mention to get better understanding of the mind of some if not all members.

SnF good catch

Now Elenin

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

no , no , fook NO - stars are given to posts that pander to preconcieved beliefs

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join