It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandfather beaten up by police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

A Grandfather is beaten by police who think he is shoplifting. He actually only placed a game in his waistband to pick up his grandson. What do you think? Buckeye AZ cops are accused of injuring a 54-year-old man, shown in the above video, by slamming him face-first into the concrete floor at a Walmart after allegedly mistaking his attempt to save his grandson from being trampled by a Black-Friday shopping mob for an attempt at shoplifting. Generally, you can't charge someone for shoplifting until that person tries to leave the store with the merchandise. Police say the officer did nothing wrong despite witness statements to the contrary. 54-year-old Jerald Allen Newman unconscious and covered in blood after a police officer took him to the ground Thursday night. Officers in the video are shown trying to sop up blood as outraged customers yell expletives and say "that's police brutality" and "he wasn't doing anything."

Wow, did they really have to use that much force on a FIFTY FOUR year old man with a child????? What is wrong with you pigs??? Kudos to the pig's attorney in coming up with something rubbish to cover up this pig; if there this pig actually goes to trial... Chances are just a slap in the wrist or payed vacation.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I think you're a day late and a dollar short. This was last week and this site tends to be the 1st alert to other media sources.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I do believe that we are and should get our butts kicked for sitting by the side and letting officers like this abuse people in the open with no shame or fear for the common man !!!!!!
WTF is wrong with you people!!!!! Imagine being that guys's Grandchild watching this unfold and what he must be thinking!!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
What evidence do you have that this man bore children and that his children bore children?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Is that a particularly enjoyable phrase for you? Hardly necessary, imo.

For OP- Thanks; haven't seen this one. You can never see enough stories of the burgeoning oppressive state that is the US.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I swear in recent years, Black Friday horror stories are becoming more and more prevalent - from deaths-by-trampling-mobs to using pepper spray as a strategy to obtain maximum amounts of barely-below-retail products.

Is the influence of the big businesses that make 1/3 of their yearly profits during this time so massive, that it's useless to hope for a day when we'll wake up from our tryptophan stupor and just eliminate this ridiculous "tradition"? Seems like a rather backwards way to ring in Jesus's birthday (seeing as a majority are shopping for Christmas presents, and it's generally Christians or religion-neutral folks who celebrate Christmas, not that I think his birth papyrus actually listed Dec. 25th as his DOB. We all know it was to sway the Norse crowd, and convince them they can be Christians and still keep their Pagan holidays...)

I used to love Thanksgiving because it was basically celebrated like Christmas, without all the commercial bull, but now it's just a precursor to this Black Friday crap, which is now Black Thursday Night, thanks to this recession. Makes me sad, but mostly just pisses me off... and throw up in my mouth a little bit.

top topics

join