It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I obligated to give him a second chance? Opinions, please...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

I'm glad you updated us; I thought about your story quite a bit in late 2011 and my own responses (which in reflection could have been kinder).

I'm sorry for the accidents and health issues, though I'm glad you both pulled through and are happy today - that's what counts in this journey called life.

Cheers to continued success!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
reply to post by daryllyn

I'm glad you updated us; I thought about your story quite a bit in late 2011 and my own responses (which in reflection could have been kinder).

I'm sorry for the accidents and health issues, though I'm glad you both pulled through and are happy today - that's what counts in this journey called life.

Cheers to continued success!

Thanks for the reply and the well wishes.

I had completely forgotten about this thread when it suddenly reemerged from left field. Funny how it stirred up so many emotions from that situation, from the accident, from my illness..... All of it came rushing back as I read through this thread once again.

I'm not sure how I ever managed to get through all of that, looking back. Its funny how things change.

I'm still sorry that I ever made this thread to begin with. I really had nowhere else to turn at the time, or else I wouldn't have. At least maybe our story can help someone else in the future.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

I have such mixed feelings after this thread resurfacing. All the feelings from that time, from the accident, from my diagnosis, the stress, the fear, the uncertainty.... all mixed with the good that ended up rising from the ashes of that time frame and the events that took place. Looking back, I am not sure how I ever survived.
edit on 18-6-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

You wanted love more than you didn't want it. Leaving him would have been an act of love for the children. Giving him a second chance would have been an act of love towards him. As confused as you were, love was always behind the wheel. That became obvious when you drove to the hospital that day. And that day when he first seemed to have woken up and "saw" it? I'll venture a guess and say he saw all of that in one blinding shot.

You're a hell of woman Lynn. You hung tough and came out good on the other end..............all because you held on to the prospect of love. If more women, hell if more people, were like that this would be a much better world to live in.

youtu.be...

Now............if you'll just lose that Bengals jersey it'll all be good

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Funny how you ended up hurting so many people to be selfish, after all. Hey...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join