It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The big thread about being gay.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Just pointing out we are not Monkeys we are Great Apes.....
Except me half boy half monkey!!!
www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I don't care whether someone is gay or straight, I believe absolutely everyone deserves to be happy. I also disagree with gay parents not being able to raise children. I have a few friends who were raised by gay parents and they are absolutely no different than anyone else mentally or in any other way. You wouldn't know they were raised by gay parents if they didn't tell you.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Amen brotha I completely agree with you

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

homosexuals is natural selection. nature decided that a certain lineage should die in an effort to destroy certain genes or to control population. Homosexuals cannot naturally have children which leads me to this.

having said that I really do not know what the big deal is about homosexuals.. They have a sexual preference. big whoopdee doo

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saltarello
Problem is, they segregate themselves, they want to feel special for being gay, warm in the inside or something. I dont go around bragging about my heterosexuality (sp?) nor do I ask for "special" privileges, see adoptions and such.

Gay marriage: why do you have to meddle in whatever other people does?

Gay rights: why do they have to be special as to have "gay rights"?

Gay adoption: Now dont get me wrong, but my childhood in a heterosexual family, with divorce and all...
I may have preferred a couple of people caring for me that actually loved each other, and then did not run away for 20 years, as opposite to my actual family...

Now, dont get me wrong, I have worked with people who was openly gay and never had a single issue, oddly enough some of the best chefs I know are gay. On the other hand, all those "GAY RIGHTS" people should get a grip and start acting as part of the society, not as some special kind of people.

No they don't segregate themselves and no they don't go around bragging, what a ridiculous statement.

As for asking for special rights, these 'rights' are given so that they are protected from bigotry from you 'normal' people, just like women with women's rights, the disabled with disability rights and so on.

As for gay adoption every human being has the fondamental right to have a child. A gay couple may want to adopt a child for various reasons just as a hetero couple - believe it or not it really is that simple to understand although those people with a below standard intelligence or social empathy would find this difficult to understand.

You may have your own opinions by all means but don't assume that your opinions are a shining example on how society should operate.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
the problem is our society is full of a bunch of mini-hitlers fueled by religious dogma and reassured by the fact that there are other mini-hitlers out there that agree with them.

they think that for some reason they have a right to interfere with other peoples lives by trying to tell them what they can and cant do when, even in their own religious text, it says "Judge not, that ye be not judged"

its just something for them to do because they have no life of their own

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Bravo. Excellent OP - ignore all the claims of bigotry, they're obviously scared to discuss the issue rationally.

Homosexuality is exactly as described, a sexual preference. It doesn't afford anyone any special rights and it doesn't mean the rest of society has to change our traditions or laws to accommodate it. The number of sexual options is pretty much limitless once you open that door - I'm sure there's a fetish for every body part and quite a few inanimate objects.

If you're gay, whether you consider it's a 'choice' or 'not a choice' (both arguments seemed to be used), deal with it.

You don't have the right to marriage, that's reserved for the union between a man and a woman.

You don't have the right to raise a child, that's a right reserved for the biological parents and if they've given up that right or aren't able to exercise it, you better have a hell of a lot to offer as adoptive parents. Your sexuality may not disqualify you from adopting a child but please don't expect the rest of society to think it's worth bonus points.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

OK... Watching two men kiss grosses me out--not because I'm a homophobe, but because I simply don't relate. It also grosses me out when people take turns licking icecream cones with their dogs, and I wouldn't want to watch my grandparents swap spit either. No, I don't consider myself a dog-o-phobe or a grandparent-o-phobe. I hate how, in today's society, we aren't allowed to have differing tastes or hold averse opinions to anything without being classified as some sort of "ist" or "phobe".

I also don't understand the need to base one's entire persona around what they like to do in the bedroom. I, personally like to bang hot chicks doggy-style, yet I've never felt a need to describe myself as a doggy-style-o-sexual. I have no sense of pride or specialness or need for attention, because I enjoy certain kinds of sex with certain kinds of people. I also feel no need to march in parades about it, because--frankly--it's none of your damn business what I like to do when I get my freak on. I don't want to tell you about it, and I don't want to hear it from you.

I don't like public displays of affection--regardless of whose engaging in them. Men/women...men/men...women/women... It doesn't matter to me. Get a damn room. And I I don't understand the need to broadcast your sexual preference for the world to see. (although it may be convenient if more hot chicks had bumper stickers indicating that they like doggy-style).

As for "gay rights"--what a crock of #. I see no need to create special "rights" for any class of people. It's redundant and polarizing. Gays should be treated EXACTLY the same as anyone else. There are no need for "gay rights" as long as we honor everyone's "unalienable rights." Likewise--if everyone is to be treated the same--I also see no need for special protection by discrimination laws, incentive hiring programs, or the like (for gays or anyone else). Get hired on your merit on the job--not your preference in the bedroom. If a gay dude didn't want to hire me at his business because I was straight, I'd respect that--and strongly feel that it is his right, as a private business owner, to run his business as he sees fit (this includes making his own hiring decisions based on any set of criteria he deems appropriate). BUT... I also don't think straight people should be forced to hire gays if they don't want to. No matter what, if you are the most qualified candidate and get passed over for a stupid reason like your sexual preference, that employer will be stuck with a less qualified employee and lose business to the guy who hires the most qualified employee. Besides...why would you even want to work for a person that doesn't want to hire you?

Of course gay people should be allowed to marry and adopt children. I'm pretty sure the whole "pursuit of happiness" thing applies to all people (regardless of who they like to bump-uglies with). Be careful what you wish for though... I thought I was pursuing happiness when I got married, too...

In summary. Everyone should have the exact same rights... Having a certain sexual preference does not magically turn you into a special class of person and, in fact, there is no reason for anyone except your sexual partner to know about it... People should be allowed to do and think anyway they want (be it gay, homophobic, or racist)...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MiloNickels

No one is saying that you are homophobic for having a preference. If it's disgusting to you, OK, just don't go criticizing people for being gay...

If people would just look away from what they don't like, this wouldn't be a problem at all...

Instead of changing focus the person wants to change the whole entire world to make themselves happy

Gay people are awesome!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think we should stop controlling the lives of others, and work on setting a good example instead.
edit on 2-12-2011 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
There is a funny side to everything:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
As far as how people perceive you, or you others on this site, is people must remember its difficult to pick up on tone / intent in typed form. If someone finds some offensive, they should at least extend the courtesy of addressing the part with you on the off chance that person misunderstood / took something the wrong way

Originally posted by Helious
1.) Gay marriage - Should it be allowed or should it not be allowed?

Yes - As people like to constantly point out, we all were created equal. We have a Constitution which says no establishment of religion. I always found it funny to see politicians going on and on about marriage being between a man and a woman, and those views are based on their religious beliefs.

Secondly government needs to get the hell out of the peoples bedrooms. You can pass as many laws as you want, the fact remains nothing can prevent a person from falling in love, regardless of gender.

If we are going to tout our position in the world as a country that is built on individual freedom and mutual respect for each other, then maybe we should actually practice what we preach.

Man - Man
Man - Woman
Woman - Woman

They all take the same vows

Its like the argument about gays in the military and women in combat.
Why are gays and women treated differently? When they all enlisted / were commissioned they took the exact same oath as the men / straights.

2.) Gay rights - Is that even a real thing?

It is but it doesn't use that term. Our Constitution and laws cover everyone, gay, straight, women, religion etc. We dont need new legislation. What we need is for our laws to be enforced the same across the board.

I would like to see legislation that ends marriage - for everyone. If we are going to have laws that allow one group of people to do something while that same law denies it to someone else, then we shouldn't have the law in the first place.

3.) Gay adoption - Seriously?

Why not? How many news stories have we seen that dealt with something absolutely horrible / shocks the conscious regarding babies / children and their treatment at the hands of their parents / relatives? How many stories have we seen where the same thing occurred, except the parents were gay?

Being a good parent has absolutely nothing to do with sexual orientation. If we were to use that standard then their will be more gay parents than traditional parents, being the vast majority of child issues occur in a household with mom and dad.

To all the bible thumpers -
* - Only God gets to judge

To those who are gay -
The next time someone lectures you about being gay and they invoke the bible, just be calm, and when they are done simply say - Your Christian (Catholic, Methodist, Anglican, etc etc etc), forgive me and just walk away.

We have more serious issues that need our attention, and who a person is dating / wanting to marry is not even close..

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
oh my god, people need to stop talking about gay people like if they're sick or something, gay or not gay they're people too and there's mean gays and good gays just like every other heterosexual person, just let everyone live their life like they want to, they're not criminals.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If you have read one of these threads, you have read them all, as they tend to all end up being the same thing at the end of the day. Being gay myself, i'll go ahead and add my 2 cents for what it is worth.

The majority of us have just as much distaste as everyone else towards the "screaming queens" the " OMG GAY RIGHTS NAO" people. We ignore them, as should everyone else. What should not be ignored is the CLEAR difference there are when it comes to these "gay rights" and I myself do not call them such, having said that, it would be nice to be able to LEGALLY enter a union for the immense benefits that such a thing allows, joint tax returns, hospital visits, insurance etc. Typically, these are the things most of us care about. Case in point, as a single male in the upper tax bracket, me and my partner paid TONS of taxes for services we had little or no use for or were unable to take advantage of. We were unable to file joint taxes, nor be on each others insurance, and god forbid one of us had gotten sick it would have been a nightmare at the hospital.

As far as the point about gays and children, I can only speak from my experience and say that I would much rather have had two people regardless of gender who loved me than one who did and another who saw me as his personal punching bag when he was drunk, and verbal assault target when he was not. So really, for me, what it comes down to is less of a gender issue and more of a moral quality issue. Although from this board, it would appear most would rather kids be shuffled off to an orphanage than to allow a gay couple to adopt them into a home, because clearly orphanages provide a much more loving and stable atmosphere.....

In closing, I wish I could show everyone that most of us are not like what you see on tv, we don't prance around, sleep with as many people as possible or are raging pedophiles or drug addicts. Myself, I am a former Army Captain (Military Intel Ranger) and go to work, eat, and hang out just like everyone else. THAT is what most of us are like.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
As much as I hear about a "Healthy traditional family", Im convinced it does not exist.

Everyone has problems. A lot of people had these problems inflicted upon them by a heterosexual set of parents.
Rarely is anything ever perfect in candy land.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join