It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The big thread about being gay.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by godWhisperer
reply to post by Helious

you say heterosexual people are ok to raise kids.
you say homosexual people are not ok to raise kids.

that is a double standard. you say a set of people get one standard while the other set of people get another standard.

This is not a double standard. Heterosexual people raise kids because they have them. Homosexual people are not ok to raise kids because they don't have them. Where is the double standard?

so what about a gay person who had kids from a previous marriage i guess they are not qualified to raise them either?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

The one thing I ask is that you keep our kids out of it, they don't belong too you and they never will.

Hmmmmm........

My children don't belong to you either. Your children don't belong to me. Its up to a parent to decide how to raise a child. Its up to the child to become who he/her wants to become. You can only hold your child's hand up the path for so long.Questions..........Are you afraid your children will become gay? Are you afraid of what someone you know,family members,friends,will think about you? Do you teach tolerance,or intolerance to your children? Would you be mad at your God if a Gay person saved one of your children's life ? Would you chastise your child for living? Seriously,we are all humans on this little planet. Love a little more.............

hmm, very insightful and zen like. Are you gay? If not will you teach your children at a young age about that option in sexual preference in life and inform them that it s a perfectly normal and average choice? Give me a break........ Your argument is devoid of common sense and is obviously a ploy at pretending to agree with what you view as the majority of this thread. If I am wrong, I am sorry but in honesty, that is what I perceive from your post.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

So your argument is not that gays can or cannot raise a child, but is based on nature, because two males or two females dont produce a child, they shouldnt be capable, or have the right to raise a child. Am i right?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

The one thing I ask is that you keep our kids out of it, they don't belong too you and they never will.

Hmmmmm........

My children don't belong to you either. Your children don't belong to me. Its up to a parent to decide how to raise a child. Its up to the child to become who he/her wants to become. You can only hold your child's hand up the path for so long.Questions..........Are you afraid your children will become gay? Are you afraid of what someone you know,family members,friends,will think about you? Do you teach tolerance,or intolerance to your children? Would you be mad at your God if a Gay person saved one of your children's life ? Would you chastise your child for living? Seriously,we are all humans on this little planet. Love a little more.............

hmm, very insightful and zen like. Are you gay? If not will you teach your children at a young age about that option in sexual preference in life and inform them that it s a perfectly normal and average choice? Give me a break........ Your argument is devoid of common sense and is obviously a ploy at pretending to agree with what you view as the majority of this thread. If I am wrong, I am sorry but in honesty, that is what I perceive from your post.

gay people are NOT taught to be gay.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Nope. Not gay at all. I have 3 kids. I teach them to love. I teach them to be tolerant of people,Gay,those with disability's,those who even hate. You didn't answer any of the questions,just attacked the questionnaire. And you want people to debate with you?

Good luck with your GAY bashing thread.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

reply to post by Helious

that is a double standard. you say a set of people get one standard while the other set of people get another standard.

This is not a double standard. Heterosexual people raise kids because they have them. Homosexual people are not ok to raise kids because they don't have them. Where is the double standard?

so what about a gay person who had kids from a previous marriage i guess they are not qualified to raise them either?

How does a gay person have a child from a previous marriage? Those that are gay preach that it is not choice, so why would a gay person ever have a child from an "ex marriage"? If they were gay since birth, they wouldn't have had a child from a heterosexual marriage, would they?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Helious

what about heterosexual adopted parents?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJDigitalGem

3.) Gay adoption - Seriously?

3.) My answer: The world in it's present state is chaotic at best and while I will fully state that I believe that two people of the same sex can raise a child, love them and be "good" parents, I honestly don't feel like that is healthy for the child, either in the early or the latter years. The cold, hard fact of the matter is, the coupling of two people of the same sex is not natural and children should not be subjected too it, that is why men can not have children with men and women can not conceive with a women. A little thing called "propagation of the species" defines this point of view. We can't very well let our children be pre disposed to a lifestyle while they are impressionable that is not "normal" and by normal I mean it in the sense of propagation of the species, that is not the way and is not in the best interests of our children.

As a lesbian, and a parent of two, I take offense to this. First and foremost, there are WAY too many children "in the system" right now to justify not qualifying gays as parents simply because of their sexual orientation. Children of all ages are being thrown in to a "system" that they don't understand and for reasons that are beyond their control. Their heterosexual parents couldn't take care of them or abused them and they had to be removed from their home.

Let's just take a look at the heterosexual side of this issue.

Scenario 1 - A couple makes a child and lets say husband "Joe" gets off on beating the child. Mother "Jane" doesn't do anything to stop the abuse and, in fact, turns a blind eye to it. The child is (hopefully) removed from that home and placed in "the system". Abused by their wonderful heterosexual parents.... NICE.

Scenario 2 - mother "Jane" is addicted to illegal drugs. She's strung out, has no job and no way to care for her children. She couldn't care less if they have food, shelter or clothing and only cares about feeding her drug habit. The father doesn't want anything to do with her, or the kids. These children are hopefully removed and placed in "the system". Lack of compassion, caring or simple civility keeps this mother from seeing that her children's most basic needs are met.

Scenario 3 - mother "Jane" gets pregnant by daddy "Joe" and neither of them wants a child. She opts out of an abortion but decided to give her child away. The child may, or may not, be privately adopted but either way, it goes in to "the system". Lack of birth control forces this child out of their home.

So all of these stem form the abuse of procreation by heterosexuals, as well as selfishness, addiction and anger. I adopted my children from scenario 2. Their biological mother is strung out on meth and to this day is still wandering the streets of Phoenix. I know this because I have seen her several times. In this woman's case, she lost every single child she ever had, which was a total of five.

As a parent, it's my responsibility to make sure my children have what they need and they do. It's my job to make sure they grow up to be happy, healthy and wise adults. Both of my kids are doing great in school (excelling in fact!), both are healthy and participate in sports, and both are HETEROSEXUAL.

We have conversations with them about the gay and lesbian lifestyle and our oldest wants to protest us not being allowed to get married. Our children are growing up in a home which has seen, tolerated and over come many adversities. We are raising them to be strong, independent women and they are taking the ball and just running with it.

Our children were the product of heterosexuals acting selfishly and irresponsibly. If God can't see that us giving them a good home and a wonderful life isn't a good thing then he must be on CRACK. For those of you out there that don't see the good in this then you should volunteer some time with children in "the system"; it will open your now closed eyes.

Hear hear, all round applause to you

I know of someone in your exact situation whose children have both come from abusive families, hetero abusive families at that, and the children have never been better since the removal from their original parents.

You only have to look at the recent cases of children being beaten to death/ tortured/ maltreated by their biological parents, in Australia in the last four weeks there have been five separate accounts of extreme child abuse, three of which the children have died.

That more than anything makes my stomach churn and my blood boil.

I look at my own two girls, and yes they drive me mad on a daily basis, but I could never, ever, consider hurting them.

It sounds like you are a parent before you are a lesbian, and for that fact alone my hat goes off to you

Just for the record being a lesbian is cool too...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Helious

How does a gay person have a child from a previous marriage? Those that are gay preach that it is not choice, so why would a gay person ever have a child from an "ex marriage"? If they were gay since birth, they wouldn't have had a child from a heterosexual marriage, would they?

yes it happens.

you will have to ask a gay person for their reasoning most likely it is society and the fear of not being accepted that makes gay men or women act straight, that is only a guess and unimportant as it does happen and I know personally people in that situation.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Nope. Not gay at all. I have 3 kids. I teach them to love. I teach them to be tolerant of people,Gay,those with disability's,those who even hate. You didn't answer any of the questions,just attacked the questionnaire. And you want people to debate with you?

Hmm, good luck with my "gay bashing thread"?. "I have 3 kids". Good luck with raising those kids, if your there role model I can expect they will turn out with very low scores in reading comprehension and Independent thinking as you think the only acceptable speech is that with which you agree and all other is that of hate mongers, domestic terrorists and evil people..... Good luck indeed....

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Hmm, good luck with my "gay bashing thread"?. "I have 3 kids". Good luck with raising those kids, if your there role model I can expect they will turn out with very low scores in reading comprehension and Independent thinking as you think the only acceptable speech is that with which you agree and all other is that of hate mongers, domestic terrorists and evil people..... Good luck indeed....

how are their spelling and grammar scores?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I don't have any problems with gay people, but sexual practices like anal sex, fisting etc that take place between same sex people, is disgusting, and an outright abuse of the human body.

The same goes for people who have sex with animals and inanimate objects.

Its not healthy or safe. Why try to make it sound like it is is beyond me.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
I don't have any problems with gay people, but sexual practices like anal sex, fisting etc that take place between same sex people, is disgusting, and an outright abuse of the human body.

LOL straight people do all of those things I dont see your point.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Yes they do, and thats equally disgusting. But there is this social understanding that the majority of gay men engage in anal sex. And as much as I have no issues with gay people, I still feel weird about supporting a lifestyle that considers anal sex a norm.

Maybe if we were educating our kids into the hazards of such practices along side gay rights, I wouldn't feel at all wrong about supporting them.

Let me be frank with everyone here. I moved to the US two years ago. And I've been doing a lot of watching and reading. I don't hate gay or lesbian or bisexual people, its a sexual preference. But with the gay rights thing so high on social issues, I'd like to see schools and health people educating the young on unhealthy practices. It bothers me that there is NONE of this. No body speaks about anal sex or its dangers. The only thing they tell you to do is use a condom and thats it. This has lead me to believe that socially the US is in a decline due to the way they don't address such issues.

You have a gay rights thing going on right? You want your kids to know everything right? Educate them so they don't engage in unhealthy practices. Where are your heads when it comes to this is beyond me.

edit on 2-12-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Yes they do, and thats equally disgusting. But there is this social understanding that the majority of gay men engage in anal sex. And as much as I have no issues with gay people, I still feel weird about supporting a lifestyle that considers anal sex a norm.

Maybe if we were educating our kids into the hazards of such practices along side gay rights, I wouldn't feel at all wrong about supporting them.

I understand you think its disgusting but is it really that dangerous?
I mean there are not people going to the emergency room because of anal sex.
to each their own we don't have to support it but we also don't need to teach our kids to judge others because of it.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I understand you think its disgusting but is it really that dangerous?
I mean there are not people going to the emergency room because of anal sex.
to each their own we don't have to support it but we also don't need to teach our kids to judge others because of it.

See, no one has even done any research into it. Doesn't that bother you? Doesn't it bother you that NO ONE talks about diseases that can be transmit through anal sex? why don't gay people come out and speak against it? It bothers me. And you can't tell me there aren't any risks involved. Thats just plain ignorance.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by Saltarello

Absolutely. It is as though their entire lifestyle revolves around their sexual preference.

This really bothers me when persons say things like this. They base their entire knowledge of a group of people on the flamboyant person in the hawiian t-shirt in the corner that won't shut up.

You've probably worked with plenty of gay and trans persons and not had a clue you know? Oddly enough when you meet a person like this you assume it's because they are gay instead of 'it's because they're an attention seeker'.

It would be like me saying ... God I hate hetero people, always throwing their opinions around whenever they see a colorful t-shirt ... That's not hetero people, that's a sub section of hetero persons called over opinioned and misinformed.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by Helious

Be gay, be gay all you want, enter into contracts with your rogue government to achieve "marriage". Hold hands, kiss in public, spread your all is love and love is all message and be happy! The one thing I ask is that you keep our kids out of it, they don't belong too you and they never will.

You're so full of double standards that one might come to the conclusion that you have a chemical imbalance, but that's it...so continue to sleep well.

That post is so without merit it only embers with gay people who are reading this thread and like the validity your post brings.

There are no double standards in my post, there are only standards. Care to prove me wrong, I would love the challenge.

destroyer of words with that post..

what gives you the right to generalize a group of people you obviously dont know? and deny them anything especially parenthood...

if you really cared about the kids you should be more interested in the millions of orphans out there with no hope of ever meeting a parent that loves them... hey word here LOVE gay or straight the love of the parents is what matters, and with that love comes dedication caring and self sacrifice something gay people are capable of, sorry I dont have a fake statistic to back that up, its true non the less.

What have I generalized? People that are gay...... Are gay, they can not have children, how is my opinion a judgment in any way? I am not denying them them parenthood, mother nature is, who am I to argue?

Why should I care about love or morality? It's not my job.... I care that children of the future understand the importance of reproducing. That in point of fact is how our species will continue to exist, I however forgot to mention to them the practice of the new age where all we need is love. Yes, love is all we need to continue our existence here on Earth.

Does anyone not want to address that the average American has far more mental problems that they seek out compared to people who are gay? Lets talk about the math for a minute? no?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I am not pro-gay rights, I am just not anti-gay rights. I could really care less what two consenting adults are up to in the privacy of their own home.

The second the gay community begins to harm me, I will be on the anti-gay bandwagon and just as zealous as the rest of them. Until then, I am perfectly content to mind my own business and worry about more important things like my neighbor who has a really noisy muffler on his car.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Helious

Why do they have kids from a previous marriage? I thought they were gay by birth and never had a choice? Im confused!!??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join