It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Defense Authorization Act, kiss whats left of your freedom goodbye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The link provided references the National Defense Authorization Act which gives authority to detain anyone, including US civilians without trial, and deny them normal lawful rights. This 'Act' paints with a broad brush which could be used for a variety of 'dirty work'. Just another example of our government wiping its $@* with the Constitution. But, its okay because they are protecting us! Geez, the rights we give away all in the name of national security. When our home becomes part of the battlefield, just see how secure you feel.

News Article

A full police state is just around the corner, and ATS members should be especially afraid. Many of us in 'here' like to execute our right to free speech as well as our right to criticize our government. Soon, this could be especially dangerous.

You can bet that big brother monitors this website, and many similar websites. This new act, much like the Patriot Act, will give our government a new tool in its arsenal that could be used to "silence" certain views and truths about the true reality of things.

If you actively engage in expressing opinions contrary to the 'company' line, be prepared, you never know when a SWAT team could come busting through your door...

Got to keep those damn terrorists in check.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

This is exactly why I don't care for the military. Anybody serving in the US military or government can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Anyone watching events unfold over the last few years could see this coming yet there are more that still deny that it means anything and actually believe that their Government would never use these new powers.

ok,

So why the hell did they create these laws if not to use them against you????? Answer that!

It's all to protect you right? Anything and everything to protect you. Keep telling them that and they will keep closing the noose.

The only reason to create these laws is to use them you idiots! How much more do you need to see before you believe? How about your door being smashed in and you dragged from your bed in the middle of the night? Will you still say it's all good and right for your security?

Got something to say? Better say it now because soon your right to say anything contrary to your Govt. will be gone. In fact it already is.

Man, I'm tired.

Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
"The bill is an historic threat to American citizens and others because it expands and makes permanent the authority of the president to order the military to imprison without charge or trial American citizens," said ACLU senior legislative counsel Christopher Anders in a statement.

"The final amendment to preserve current detention restrictions could turn out to be meaningless and Sens. [Carl] Levin [Micigan Democrat] and Graham made clear that they believe this power to use the military against American citizens will not be affected by the new language," Anders said. "This bill puts military detention authority on steroids and makes it permanent. If it becomes law, American citizens and others are at real risk of being locked away by the military without charge or trial."

huffington post article

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
newsarticle

...he paid tribute to his committee colleague Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), saying he was "a very major part and reason" of the bipartisanship successs, adding "I thank you."

McCain said in reply, "I thank the senator for his leadership."

....Sure, thanks McCain.

I can't believe I voted for this guy

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I hate to break it to you but the government has pretty much already done this without authorization or any laws being passed. The CIA used to (and still does) extradite High Value Targets through small airfields in private jets. Black Helicopters without any markings are on standby with the military to grab anyone who goes "rogue."
(Page 103, Kill Bin Laden, Dalton Fury, Google Books). If you present a threat to the government, they will neutralize you without hesitation. The only difference now is that it's "legal." What was that one quote?

A dictatorship needs two services to run effectively. Propaganda and secret police.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by questforevidence

Agreed. Now they can be all up in yo' face about it.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by questforevidence

Agreed. Now they can be all up in yo' face about it.

So can I. (See new avatar.)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Wow...seems like your government gets more paranoid by the day!

What next? A crack down on anti-government protesters? Oh wait....

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This site is monitored. This is no longer debatable and has not been debatable for some time now. For those who missed it, never knew, or simply have forgotten back in 2010 the ADL put out a report and if memory serves me correctly we has 2 or 3 members listed in that report by their screen names.

For those interested please read this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join