It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the philosophy of Martin Heidegger...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I have been getting into Heidegger lately. What a sage. What a controversial figure. What a mystic. Amazing! What do you all think?

here is an excerpt (the intro of the show) from a program from Stanford. Its a conversation with Andrew Mitchell about the philosophy of Martin Heidegger....

“The growing and unacknowledged anxiety in the face of thinking no longer allows insight into the oblivion of being which determines the age.” -Martin Heidegger, 1973, 3 years before he died. Oh Martin if you only knew how complete and total the oblivion of being has become since you shuffled off your mortal coil. Oh holy memory mother of muse where are you now and at the hour. Your horrors drove you out of your house and now you ride the wind remembering nothing. It's all just bricks in the wall now. If only Heidegger was with us today. What would he say? Would he be speechless? Would he say "I saw it all coming"? "I told you what the oblivion of being leads to. The unearthing of the earth. The unworlding of the world. The devastation of the bonds between people. The setting in place of an absolutely technical state or better a bio technical state, which orders and inframes all things, all available energies and resources. Putting them on standing reserve for general distribution and human consumption. I told you that when beings are abandoned by being they loose their density, their power of resistance. Their very thingness and fall prey to objectification, exploitation and manipulation. When being withdraws from the world the world becomes an unworld, no longer hospitable to human habitation. " Yes Heidegger may very well say something like that if he would return from the grave. But I have a feeling that even him would be shocked and incredulous at just how monstrous the phenomenon of planetary technicity has become. The machine is everywhere with no way left to rage against it. "Whats with the doom and gloom" you ask? "Things are better now then they have ever been looked at objectively. What's all the fuss about?" you ask. The fuss my friends is about our relationship to the earth. About our being at home on the earth.

part 1...

edit on 1-12-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
pretty relevant considering how the world is going now a days .
edit on 3-12-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

new topics

join