It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Brotherhood Takes Elections by Storm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
from report Arutz Sheva First Publish: 12/1/2011, 7:19 PM

Judges overseeing the vote count in Egypt's parliamentary elections say Islamist parties have won a majority of the contested seats in the first round. The judges spoke on condition of anonymity because official results are expected to be released later Thursday.

They say the Muslim Brotherhood could take 45 percent of the seats up for grabs. The liberal Egyptian bloc coalition and the ultra-fundamentalist Nour party are competing for second place.

The Muslim Brotherhood looks to be the next leadership of Egypt.

How will this affect relations with Israel and friends?

Good for USA?

Bad for USA?

Good for Gaza or bad?

Muslim Brotherhood Takes Egypt by Storm?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
will the u.s. ever learn. it looks like the majority of people in the middle east want a fundamentalist government.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Not good for the west or Israel.

But if they do vote that way, got to at least respect them for doing something Americans can't, and that is take control of their situation, no matter if you agree with it or not.
edit on 1-12-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Seeing how the link leads to an Israeli website I'll wait for the real election to take place. Till then it's just propaganda.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'd say that puts Israel on a long term war footing on it's southern border regardless of what else may happen in the near term with Iran or Syria.

Additionally, I'd say we best start planning contingencies for fuel surcharges and logistics for shipping that bypasses the Suez Canal. I'd hate to think the Islamic fundamentalists would bring that into play against the West, but we can't really count anything out at this point. Who knows...... It's a possibility now and that ought to be enough to plan for.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The House of Saud is the crucial link between the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt (which is getting closer and closer to taking power); the AKP party in Turkey (which is essentially a Muslim Brotherhood lite); and the Muslim Brotherhood in Syria.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

The House of Saud is the crucial link between the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt (which is getting closer and closer to taking power); the AKP party in Turkey (which is essentially a Muslim Brotherhood lite); and the Muslim Brotherhood in Syria.

The House of Saud tarnished my religion to the core by propagating this salafi/fundamentalist misinterpretation FARCE.

I hate them deep...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The Huffington Post has a report from Nov 30

google has many links to this story.

Egypt Election Results: Partial Results Show Muslim Brotherhood In The Lead ... HuffPost

google search

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

good possibility .....

can you post some ideas and details ?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Well it neice that they can vote freelly for what they want
But be carefully what you whiss far

for me hope they all go back home freely also

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

This group will be a headache to the West when they finally get a hold on the governments in the Mideast. It is not some terrorist group but a grouping of all Muslim brothers. A Muslim equivalent of NATO if you like. So don't go around and propose regime changes for you do not know what's in store for you in the future. Like the saying goes: " Careful what you wish for." Well the wheels of change has started so there is not much anyone could do except wait for whatever that is coming. It will definitely be big. You want change now you have it. See if its for better or for worse.

new topics

top topics

join