It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Was Consulted Before Fatal Hit, U.S. Says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Pakistan Was Consulted Before Fatal Hit, U.S. Says

online.wsj.com

Pakistani officials at a border coordination center gave the go-ahead to American airstrikes that inadvertently killed 24 Pakistan troops, unaware that their own forces were in the area, according to U.S. officials briefed on the preliminary investigation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It would appear that some were quick to make assumptions about what did or didn't happen out there. This isn't the first time but it's certainly one of the most high profile examples of it in recent memory. This raised tensions and made for real headlines everywhere on something it sounds like the Pakistani Military actually approved directly, within their own border command facility.

Talk about a serious failure to communicate both during AND after the whole thing happened. Why has it taken this long to learn it was a lot about nothing?

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
"American airstrikes" ? I thought NATO preformed the strike. Is this new news or did I miss that before?
edit on 1-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
"American forces" ? I thought NATO preformed the strike. Is this new news or did I miss that before?

Pakistan wasn't "consulted", it was a few border patrols, just like NATO wasn't the bombers..
It was just a few Americans.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

"American forces" ? I thought NATO preformed the strike. Is this new news or did I miss that before?

Pakistan wasn't "consulted", it was a few border patrols, just like NATO wasn't the bombers..
It was just a few Americans.

Hmm thank you for clarifying that for me

2nd.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

"American airstrikes" ? I thought NATO preformed the strike. Is this new news or did I miss that before?
edit on 1-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

Dateline on the story is actually December 2nd, believe it or not. It's simply more detail and perspective on the incident that still has Pakistan's government in Islamabad telling us to leave our piece of an Airbase. Although given this aspect of news breaking, I'd say it's quite a bit more important than anything else to come out about this. I wonder if this new aspect will change some of what has been said and decreed back and forth since it happened? Talk about major problem with explaining things to the public.
edit on 1-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: added information..

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yea well anything to make America look bad right? People would blindly accept American fault from a news source such as al jazeerah but when coming from American or even western sources they will say it's propaganda and misinformation. Talk about a double standard, and antagonist hatred. Good luck with your American bashing ATS let the fun begin
edit on 1-12-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I think its just further proof that NATO is led by and a code word for US.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Why has it taken this long to learn it was a lot about nothing?

Most likely because THIS is the actual lie and the US just needed a little time to form the story.

If it were the truth, it would have been the first thing on the news the next day.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechniXcality

Yea well anything to make America look bad right? People would blindly accept American fault from a news source such as al jazeerah but when coming from American or even western sources they will say it's propaganda and misinformation. Talk about a double standard, and antagonist hatred. Good luck with your American bashing ATS let the fun begin

Actually al jazeera is a great source for the REAL news. Its not as propaghandic as RT. but tells the real story. You know, the stuff they should be talking about here instead of DWTS and american idol, lady gaga, etc....

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Why has it taken this long to learn it was a lot about nothing?

Most likely because THIS is the actual lie and the US just needed a little time to form the story.

If it were the truth, it would have been the first thing on the news the next day.

That is a possibility, but I wonder if it might be more likely this time around that a tragic series of blunders led to a small scale catastrophe in the middle of the night and then was compounded by over-reaction before the facts could be conveyed to the politicians. It would seem they were too busy making statements and threats to be bothered with taking time to investigate first.

I'm supposing as much as anyone here, but it could be that it's taken some time to coordinate how to de-escalate this particular crisis. I know the Pakistanis are fanatic about saving face..much like the Asian cultures, as I understand it. So it's a pretty touchy thing if this really was a big screw up like it's sounding here.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Boy ho Boy it took you a year on ATS to figure that out good luck to you
just which my second line sounded better

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The savagery of the U.S. air attack on the sleeping troops of two Pakistani border outposts, which has now killed 28, has convulsed Pakistan from top to bottom. The U.S. has refused even to apologize. But Washington's off-record hints that the attack was some sort of mistake are laughable, and not worth consideration, given that the attack lasted over an hour (two hours by some reports), that the bases flew Pakistan flags and are marked on all American maps, and that they repeatedly appealed by radio during the massacre.
Anyone serious sees the attack for the naked aggression it was, like the highly-regarded U.S. military expert said "JSOC knocks the Pakistanis over the head like this from time to time," to remind them who's boss. (JSOC is the Joint Special Operations Command, Obama's super-secret "Murder, Inc." in the Pentagon.) But this is far from the whole story, while Pakistani analysts like the retired officer Agha A. Amin see more complicated motivations for the aggression than actually exist.
Responding to some of these detailed source say it's actually a much broader and bigger issue than that. I think the issue is very simple. Admittedly, Pakistan is a complicated country, with all kinds of complications. But the essential thing, is its location is — which is unfortunate for them — is that it's part of Asia. And every significant nation in Asia with any kind of strategic capabilities, is on the target to be destroyed. And we shouldn't look at particular issues, like issues of a country as such. We have to look at the fact that the British and Obama are determined to destroy with thermonuclear weapons, the functioning entirety of Asia. And Pakistan is in Asia. Now, Pakistan is a complicated country. But it has real interests, apart from some of the things that are insane that go on in there. I think in this case, Pakistan is not a culprit in that sense. In this case, that it's really another victim. And its proximity to Iran...
"There are fundamental interests involved here; that is, fundamental interests of peoples and nations. And I think the so-called special political issues, right now, interact with these things. But the real thing is essentially that Pakistan is close to China. Its military capabilities were built up in collaboration with China's. And you have this crazy situation, in which, obviously a quarrel between India and Pakistan at this time, would actually play into the hands of the enemy.
The point is, what you're dealing with: the issue is thermonuclear weapons. It's a strategic blast intending to destroy the entirety of everything that's viable, in terms of industrial capability and similar capabilities in the entire Asia region. What they were planning to do, which in a sense we were able to spoil, because some U.S. military took a stand on some of these things — but the intention was to go directly, immediately, from coming out of Libya, into a pre-emptive thermonuclear attack on Asia. And all parts of Asia that have any kind of technology in them, are going to be wiped out.
That was delayed, and it gets complicated because in the meantime, with the bombs not thrown yet, you have Europe is now disintegrating, because the bailout system in Europe is now disintegrating. So, we have these complications.
The attack leaves Pakistan no room to make any compromise. This goes together with the Iranian sacking of the British embassy. Everything, everything in Asia that has any technological capability whatsoever, is a victim. And what you're looking at, is a pre-emptive thermonuclear attack — which doesn't leave much room for selective treatments.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hum just saw that popup on newsfeed

Pakistan Army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani on Friday gave his troops "full liberty" to respond to any further cross-border attacks by Nato forces in Afghanistan in the wake of an air strike that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers, official sources said.

www.hindustantimes.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechniXcality

Actually al jazeera is a great source for the REAL news. Its not as propaghandic as RT. but tells the real story. You know, the stuff they should be talking about here instead of DWTS and american idol, lady gaga, etc....

No it is not,

I strongly disagree with materialist America and the likes, so try again. If you discredit America based on it's name your as bad as a rascist towards other people. Which to me makes you a Countryist ( someone who hates people, soley on your opinion of their country)
edit on 2-12-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Sounds like they are changing there story. Just like the BinLaden raid. Just the other day the US said that the Afghans were getting fired on by the Parkistan troops.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I guess you were there right? I guess you know for a fact and listened in on the whole operation communication line. Dang , when did you get this technology and clearance?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
Sounds like they are changing there story. Just like the BinLaden raid. Just the other day the US said that the Afghans were getting fired on by the Parkistan troops.
Apparently you didn't read the OP article:

The commandos thought they were being fired upon by militants. But the assailants turned out to be Pakistani military personnel ...
It still says that.

So that much hasn't changed.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

It's simply more detail and perspective on the incident that still has Pakistan's government in Islamabad telling us to leave our piece of an Airbase.

Asking you to leave YOUR piece airbase? Please correct me if I am wrong but doesn't that airbase belong to Pakistan? If so, they are within their rights to ask the US to leave it.

Back on topic:

My guess is that a lot of money will exchange hands and this will be swept under the rug like it has been done in previous incidents.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join