It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says will launch first satellite in April

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Iran intends to launch its first satellite into space in April 2005, with the device described as being purely for civil purposes, Iranian media reported Thursday.

www.spacedaily.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Interesting. They did not specify the launch vehicle. The Shahab-4 has a range of 1500 km. Can it reach orbit? If that one cannot, then have they completed development on the Shahab-5 or 6? If they have that has huge implications. The Shahab-6 has potential to hit parts of the CONUS

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
good to see Iran pursuing space technology we need to see more players in that field but it is bad if they use it for military purposes or a Iranian manned space program. The last thing I wanna see is a mad mullah in space

thanks,
drfunk

[edit on 7-9-2004 by drfunk]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
thats just wat the world needs a middle eastern country having a satellite in orbit god knows wat will happen

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Oh come on, the U.S. doesn't own space and we don't reserve the right to a monopoly on sattelite's cluttering up things in our orbit.

Besides, even if they are using it for military purposes, its not like they can do anything with the information they find. They're so obsessed with Israel that they're probably only going to use it to spy on them for whatever reason.

As soon as the oil is gone in the Middle East so will that regions importance be gone...the sooner the better. They should start worrying about diversifying their economy before thinking about starting some massive war.

Whew...what a ramble I just unloaded...

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Iran intends to launch its first satellite into space in April 2005

We need to hurry up and build the Airborn Laser, that way when they launch it we will just zap it outa the sky.

The US doesn't have intensions on "Owning Space", it just wants only "Good Nations" to be up there with them.

I dont want them to have a satelite, because when we attack them, I dont want them to see us coming.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
We have done this already

Iran and its Satellite

And stop bashing them, jesus, can't anyone do anything without you fu*king yanks having a paddy and screaming and threatening to blow them up...

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Weller

Besides, even if they are using it for military purposes, its not like they can do anything with the information they find. They're so obsessed with Israel that they're probably only going to use it to spy on them for whatever reason.

I would agree with that as a likely reason for putting a Spy Satellite up. Like you said there is no law stopping countries from doing that. Since this is their first ever satellite I have to question how good it will or if it will even get into space. Even the space powers that have been doing for alot longer can get it right all the time.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Already covered here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please feel free to add to the existing thread.. And please keep the discussion civil.

Thread closed.

top topics

join