It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Everything becomes the American Spring - March 30th 2012 - Washington DC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This is fresh off the presses and the word is now starting to spread around the country to the various occupations, including those that were evicted. The DC occupations (there's 2 of them) have called for a national day of action on March 30th 2012, on the national mall. They want everybody involved to join them in taking the fight to the place it matters most. This is buzzing in different general assemblies and people are trying to figure out not if, but HOW to get there. Here Atlanta, the occupation is considering occupying the highways, or just coaching it.

My sister says Occupy Denver is moving to reserve a few coach buses.

One of the occupiers here in Atlanta has a sister who is a part of Occupy Oakland, and they too are getting ready to try and make a plan.

The point is, this is what people were waiting for at one time, and I'm curious to know who would support this, as this is the movement evolving into something bigger, stronger, and hopefully even more organized.

I'll update this thread with sources and info as it comes in.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Ok...what exactly are we protesting?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U

I'm not sure even the protestors know.

link   
These people are doing what many can or will not. Either because of commitments, fear, apathy or lack of knowledge of the issues.

I salute them and wish them well in their fight for...ME. YOU, EVERYONE.

Peace

edit on 1-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

link   
...even more organized.....yep. Good point.

I'd say that would be kind of important this time. March 30th is a way off. Perhaps there will be a cohesive message by then so it doesn't turn into a lot of people showing up and milling around with no idea what's going on at any given moment.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

It may have something to do with several large banks being in bed with our government

...Please try to keep up with the rest of the class
edit on 1-12-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Here's what they're protesting.

We affirm that any lasting and workable solution must reach beyond mere politics, that political issues do not matter at a time when our collective voice has been nearly silenced. We believe that the current political climate has caused a paralysis of our Government. We find that our individual opinions mean little when we are no longer being properly represented. In fact, we believe that the Balance of Power between the Branches of our Government has been corrupted to the point where it can answer only to members of an affluent and politically active upper class. The impending result of this imbalance is that government of the People, by the People, for the People has almost perished from Our Nation. We believe that government has been influenced by an external source that has conspired to control it to the point of stalemate. We believe that this was forced upon us by "special interests", corporations, lobbyists, the banking and the financial sector including Wall Street and the Federal Reserve, who together have used unrestrained financial leverage leading to the corruption of many politicians, regardless of their political party, resulting in great damage to the People and to this Nation.

Source:http:///gm2UV08D

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Talk about setting yourself up for a false flag. How opportune a time to attack Americans than when scores of them are loaded into the nations capital? Not saying it shouldn't happen though

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Ever heard of the bailouts that left the amerikan people and our children #ed? Or were you sleep then too?

Ever heard about the amerikan government being at war in 3 different countries and itching to go into a fourth while 46 million amerikans are broke?

sleep...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

You obviously haven't spoken to a protester, but have had your ear wide open to faux news and cnn.. good job.. you've been tricked

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

What country are you from? You are and Islamic extremist, trying to stir up a bunch of impressionable kids to fight your war. We dont need your sharia law here, or your muslim moon worshiping input on whats good for America. No I was not sleeping, I was watching your cousin on t.v. burning syria on the 8 oclock news!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
How in the world did you arrive at this conclusion? Are you in the right thread?

What country are you from? You are and Islamic extremist, trying to stir up a bunch of impressionable kids to fight your war. We dont need your sharia law here, or your muslim moon worshiping input on whats good for America. No I was not sleeping, I was watching your cousin on t.v. burning syria on the 8 oclock news!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TylerDurden2U

Wow...I hope you're as young as you sound. No adult could be this immature

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I would love to go, and will be keeping up with our local Louisville Occupy websites for further information on this development.

I don't care WHAT the people are going for, who cares!! What matters is that so MANY CITIZENS are banding together to try and get the attention of our leaders, hell YES I support that, 100 percent as an American it makes me proud.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

no. no im not. my bad. sorry.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Its happening alright and I think I have great idea for a product.
Considering the several hundred pounds of fecal matter that's left behind after these Occupoop events are over, why not sell OccuScoopers?
For those who can't afford these, there's also OccuBaggies.
And now fir the bumper sticker, Occupy Happens.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

In reference to your simple spelling and grammar errors, I hope and pray you are like 12 years old.

As for me being an "islamic extremist" no sir, I'm a muslim. More specifically I'm an amerikan muslim who was born in amerika to 2 black amerikan parents, and I'm a descendant of slaves.

As for your bigoted bull#, get your brainwashed ass off of the internet and go read a book that was NOT written by George Bush or Sean Hannity, then maybe you'd be worth more than a few sentences on ATS. Until then, you're just another bored child who has no more homework and decides to infect adult discourse with childish rants.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
You obviously haven't spoken to a protester, but have had your ear wide open to faux news and cnn.. good job.. you've been tricked

Originally posted by Hawking
It may have something to do with several large banks being in bed with our government

...Please try to keep up with the rest of the class

Whoa, calm down. It's a joke.
You remember jokes, right?

I have personally spoken with a lot of the protestors, and a majority of them - note, not all - don't know why they're protesting; they're just there because they're making headlines.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I have personally spoken with a lot of the protestors, and a majority of them - note, not all - don't know why they're protesting; they're just there because they're making headlines.

Just to let you know, the second half of your post entirely negates the first half.

And I fail to believe that you spoke with a random number of protesters, and the majority said "I dunno, but there's TV cameras and # here!!"

I've been involved since Occupy Atlanta began, and even though there were some people who were homeless or just bored, that came and sat in, by their 4th day, whether or not they supported, they knew why people were out there.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Just to let you know, the second half of your post entirely negates the first half.

And I fail to believe that you spoke with a random number of protesters, and the majority said "I dunno, but there's TV cameras and # here!!"

I've been involved since Occupy Atlanta began, and even though there were some people who were homeless or just bored, that came and sat in, by their 4th day, whether or not they supported, they knew why people were out there.

It doesn't negate it. It's satire.

And I have. Los Angeles protests started not too long ago, and that's only an hour drive from me. Remember, this is a majority of the ones I've SPOKEN to, which was around 2 dozen people (a lot were with their significant other/etc). A few knew what they were talking about. The rest just said the generic "it's time to stand up! take back our government!" but when questioned further, they didn't really provide a clear answer.

Like I said, there's no need to get worked up over a joke. You do realize I'm not against these protests, right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join