It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Captain Idiot at the town parade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Ok so i just had one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. I was cruising through town along the backstreets trying to get around the Christmas Parade in downtown where theyre having a parade and the lighting of the christmas tree. Well i took a wrong turn and ended up being a part of the parade and i couldnt get out. So there i am tooling around in my vehicle smiling like an idiot and waving at the people while hoping no one noticed me that knew me. I think i turned 10 shades of red. I told my wife she should have went with me and then she would have gotten to be a part of the parade too! I felt like a huge idiot, but in a situation like that you can't help but laugh at yourself.
edit on 1-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Hahaha! Bet ya had fun, though! It's nice when crazy things like that happen! Has it put you in the festive spirit, Santa?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
so an ordinary day and a wrong turn will give you something to remember forever! Good times...good times....
)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I dunno bout putting me in the festive spirit but it did give me a feeling of merriment. It was very embarrassing, not that i am the shy sort but i don't like being in the spotlight and i ended up being in 5000 spotlights as opposed to 1.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Well a Guy like you should be in the spotlight! I reckon someone upstairs liked the idea!!!

You take care my friend. It is so good to read your words again. See ya soon!

God Bless!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
That is funny and now you have a story to tell for the rest of your life.

If I was with you I would have seized the moment and climbed on top of the car and waved to everyone!

If you had candy in the car I would have tossed it to the crowd.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
that is too funny !
just wave and smile !
I'll bet nobody noticed you were in the wrong place at the right time.

I just had to get my 100th post in !
Have to go feed my reindeer now.

edit on 1-12-2011 by horseplay because: 100

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

100th post gets a star from me.

I hope you feed them IAMS Reindeer food....good stuff that is..

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Haha! It would be awesome if someone you know, or maybe the local media got some pics or video of you in the parade. That would make for some great Xmas cards!

If you can locate some, please post them up for us to have a giggle.
(I'll refrain from the old 'pics or it never happened...)

Ed; Star & Flag for the laugh.
edit on 1-12-2011 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
You delivered on a promising title, brother!

We've all been the Captain at some point probably. GREAT story thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Lol I bet someone was filming it on their phone...everyone try and find it
what colour Jacket was you wearing and where was the Christmas parade, this is going to be funny

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
A classic movie foible, now you've lived it!

My favorite "get into the parade uninvited" movie moment, besides the ending of Animal House, is from the silent Buster Keaton classic "Cops".

www.youtube.com...

Sorry, wish I knew how to embed these videos, but I'm hopelessly technically challenged!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timely

Haha! It would be awesome if someone you know, or maybe the local media got some pics or video of you in the parade. That would make for some great Xmas cards!

NOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't say that! That would be worse is seeing my grizzled melon all over my states news channels. I'm not the kind of person to want 15 seconds of fame

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Timely

NOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't say that! That would be worse is seeing my grizzled melon all over my states news channels. I'm not the kind of person to want 15 seconds of fame

C'mon, 15 seconds ? I reckon you could dine out on that for 15 years.

Also, it would be nice to show your grandkids "when Pappy was in the parade " ... GOLD!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hahaha...your giving me flashbacks. When I first bought my Saturn coupe in 1997 I was driving through a Godforsaken place called Olds, and ended up accidentally turning into a parade of "cutting edge" vintage cars. Suddenly I was going along with a bunch of car buffs in my Saturn. People cheered me on, blew their horns and hollered away. All I could think to do was play Back in Black on the tape player and pump my fist.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I always wanted to be in a parade. ...did the marching band thing once, but it was so cold my fingers nearly froze to the instrument. I just want to ask and point out one thing....Did anyone wave back at you?
If they did, that means you pulled it off. so don't feel too bad because even if you saw some people scratching their heads ..just think of the discussions people will now have:
"honey did you see that guy in car waving? Who was that?" Now they can discuss all night, and for the rest of their lives they will not figure out who that guy was, and why he was part of the parade. See...You did a good thing...
Such is life, but hey....It's Christmas...just go with it.
DH

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
When I read that, I couldn't help but think that sounds like a Mr. Bean moment.

new topics

top topics

join