It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put up or Shut up

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Actually, long ago, when ATS was still published on stone tablets, we had guest interviews where members could shoot questions and comments to famous people (mainly in UFOlogy), and have direct interaction with them that way. We also have the Conspiracy Masters program, although admittedly much of that has atrophied over the years.

I know the owners are always looking for new ways to engage and give the membership what it wants (yes, they actually do that), and I'm sure there are plenty of creative concepts we can put into practice that may do just that.

While I did point out earlier that members are not required to divulge information about their real identities, it turns out we have some very interesting and, in some cases, very famous people among us -- some of whom have chosen to reveal themselves now and then.

Arranging for people of interest to openly interact with our members (instead of doing so quietly as fellow members, as most do), whether in government, science, religion or whatever, can run into difficulties, and is limited to people who would take interest in and not be intimidated by the nature of our community.

But it's not unprecedented and not necessarily something that will never happen.

Never say never.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Actually as the location feature stands now... it is about as good as it's likely to get.

People can post their location if they choose.. or not if they choose.. or lie about their location if they choose.

Having it as a requirement, would be very hard to enforce. It's easy to trace an IP address back to it's origin.

But a lot of people choose to keep their ip address anonymous while surfing the web... especially on sites such as this.

It's possible to stop.. a good deal of that .. but to do so comes at the cost of a significant chunk of traffic.

Traffic = $$ .. so not likely to happen.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
I'd love it if someone popped up and said that they work for the government and are here to put us strait. Imagine the debates that would unfold?

mf_luder is Army Counter Intel... no secret he has said so openly in many threads and has pictures of him in uniform at Army Intel getting an award in his personal gallery

I'd love for real scientists and priests to be on ats and to be proven to be so. Real UFO chasers and real high ranking defence force officers or international security agencies such as The CIA or ASIO or MI6. It will never happen. Well not that we'd know anyway.

Intelgurl has on her avatar "operating withing DoD protocol" And she does. Her and her hubby work at Tonopah test center on real secret projects. She too states this openly.

These are just two of the hundreds of real people on ATS that hold position of value. The rest on my list? You don't have high enough clearance or a need to know

South Port... is that like the South Park of Australia?
Well you did give me coords

edit on 4-12-2011 by zorgon because: Wasn't me it was..... GREMLINS

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
post removed by staff

I was hoping that I could finally meet someone who is so well connected to be able to provide to all of us a list of gov't shill IP addresses.

MAC addresses would be super too. Post them here?

Thanks, friend.

edit on Sun Dec 4 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Wanna know something funny yet true?

Countries don't exist. We made it all up in our minds with imagination!

I guess we humans are all delusional lunatics now aren't we?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I personally choose to reveal my nationality on this site, but that does not mean that I think everyone ought to. Some people definitely should not for reasons I should not have to go into.

However, what is vitally important is that people understand the correct order of events when a post is made and read by a member:

1)Read post.
2)Discern its worth in terms of informational content, politial bias, the presence of, or level of xenophobia present within the post, and the conclusion reached by the poster.
3)Compare the posters attitudes, opinions and insights with your own, and with others veiws.
4)Decide , for yourself, if the post contains something of worth to you personally
5)If it does not, make your point against the content of the post and not the poster, and do not be tempted to feed nationalist trolls.

It is a choice you make, the way you recieve a post. As long as that post falls within the T&C (which although designed for maximising freedom of speech, are quite rightly pretty tight on xenophobic twaddle) then it is YOUR responsibility to make an educated guess about the real motivations for a post or thread, and if you are using your noggin, then you ought to be able to navigate the waters of the sea of discontent that some posters are addicted to making waves in.

It is the readers choice , ultimately , what he or she reads, and how they respond to what they encounter within the realms of ATS. If you find something unplesant , then protest about it to the Mods by all means, if you think it breaks the rules we all come here and surf by. If it does not break those rules, feel free to make a counter argument, and bring the latent xenophobia in problem posts and OPs to the fore, and make the unacceptability of feelings of supremacy the thrust of your argument against the position of that OP.

But do not whine about it, just wind back your foot and kick the butt. Alternatively, you could go and discuss a different topic if its too much of a drain on your love for your fellow man lol

I know its tough, but putting up or shutting up goes both ways.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

I'd love it if someone popped up and said that they work for the government and are here to put us strait. Imagine the debates that would unfold?

mf_luder is Army Counter Intel... no secret he has said so openly in many threads and has pictures of him in uniform at Army Intel getting an award in his personal gallery

I'd love for real scientists and priests to be on ats and to be proven to be so. Real UFO chasers and real high ranking defence force officers or international security agencies such as The CIA or ASIO or MI6. It will never happen. Well not that we'd know anyway.

Intelgurl has on her avatar "operating withing DoD protocol" And she does. Her and her hubby work at Tonopah test center on real secret projects. She too states this openly.

These are just two of the hundreds of real people on ATS that hold position of value. The rest on my list? You don't have high enough clearance or a need to know

South Port... is that like the South Park of Australia?
Well you did give me coords

edit on 4-12-2011 by zorgon because: Wasn't me it was..... GREMLINS

I wish it were. South park is cool. No here in Southport we live near a really long beach and own jetskis and get suntans and bring foreign women home, as well as Aussie women, on a Friday and Saturday night as it's an international tourist spot, this happens all year round by the way because our winters aren't cold and the sun does shine. It's right near Surfers paradise. Nope it's nothing like Southpark In fact the layout and climate of the Gold Coast is similar to Hawaii even right down to the volcanic soil. I must say that I've been to Hawaii a couple times and it was very similar to home. Even right down to picking up foreign women.

edit on 10-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sorgmodig
Funny how they say we have freedo of speech, when in reality we don't.
ALL members should be able to say what they want without "extreme t&c violatioN" censor.
Why state country if freedom of speech?
Country can be used to log that person!

Nah then a thread would just turn to more crap than it usually does. However perhaps a boxing forum area? A place where the MODS can banish people who are argueing then it doesn't disrupt the thread that the fight has started on and people can go and watch

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sorgmodig
Funny how they say we have freedom of speech, when in reality we don't.

'Freedom of speech' is something few people understand. Freedom of speech comes with responsibility and consequences. You can slander a person in public, but the consequence is you are likely to get sued in court

ALL members should be able to say what they want without "extreme t&c violatioN" censor.

Where does it state in the registration that you are being granted Freedom of speech? This is a private forum, a for profit business. As such they are not obligated to grant you Freedom of speech.

And why do people assume that just because they are under an annonymous name they should have the right to sling insults and profanity while touting "Freedom of speech"? Makes no sense to me...

Act like an ass... your rights get taken away... simple as that

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavannahCat
They really have no way of finding out who you are unless you volunteer the info. Not like I give the email service my info either.. so even they do not know.

Any forum admin on ANY forum that you used your email to register has access to your email and IP address. If you want those hidden, then you need to use alternate emails for forum browsing and proxies to run your IP through.

However if the NSA is looking for you, they can get past all that

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Well many have... and they were told their story was BS so they left
There are still many here, but they lurk and contact you via U2U when they have something to say... or they drop a hint in a thread
I had one such 'hint' in the Naval Space Command thread. It was simply a link to a website. Well a mod took one look at the name and deleted the post. I was lucky I was online and saw it before it was zapped. When I asked why it was zapped well they said it was a mistake... but it is still deleted today.

What was that link?
moneymaker.com...

So why would any real insider come here and tell us anything when all they get is ridicule and abuse?

I'd love for real scientists and priests to be on ats and to be proven to be so.

Well there are several here right now. There are even NASA people lurking about
There was one woman space scientist from ESA here a few years ago... Myself, Mike Singh and her worked on several Mars water related threads with real details... one day she just vanished... all her material being outside linked also went bye bye. Did she just quit? Was she banned? No one knows and you can't ask... so unless you have taken time to get their personal email, you don't even know if they are dead or alive. Her name here was Bluebird

Real UFO chasers

Well Johnny Anonymous is a real UFO hunter and he works for ATS
In the past Bob Lazar, John Lear, SecretNasaMan (Martyn Stubbs) Jose Escamilla, Clifford Stone, Jim Marrs, and Stanton Freidman are a few of the names that have been members here...

and real high ranking defence force officers or international security agencies such as The CIA or ASIO or MI6. It will never happen. Well not that we'd know anyway.

NJ Mooch was a member who had lots to share... he is now on assignment in Germany last I heard from him. He is DIA/ AF Intel and his father is highly placed. Already told you about mf_luder, that he is Army Counter Intel and he has pictures of himself in uniform at HQ getting an award Those pics are here at ATS in his folder. There are many others, some are even mods... all you have to do is pay attention
And believe them when they tell you

Now THAT is something that rarely happens here

LSWONE is another good example... I won't tell you where he works because it would be very easy to figure out if one just takes a minute to look

What is really hilarious is that there was one skeptic here... a very outspoken one... that got himself banned just as he was about to 'come out of the closet' about where he works and what his father did. Now THAT would have been fascinating and probably prove half my secret space program stuff

Ah well... your right... most will never see what is actually right in front of their nose

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Oops posted mine before I read yours

I do have one issue though... The AXEMAN

To many times the guests get attacked and then get angry and meet the AXEMAN. Many of my friends and contacts have suffered this fate. I know ATS doesn't allow the reason why to be discussed, but it also makes new ones not wish to stand up to the firing squad...

And it does trickle through the circuit... that one needs to be wary the AXEMAN

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

His name suggests that he is one to inquisition yet it turns out he won't answer. That's really dishonorable.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

That's a good point. It is up to us to decide who is credible and for the poster to provide evidence, etc. I wish there were more whistleblowers on popular internet forums like this. And I like your name.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join