It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Story Came True

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
In a conspiracy theory fiction short story I wrote about 9 months ago, I describe a variant of H5N1(e). The "E" meaning enhanced, as in genetically modified.

Anyway, we hear alot about H1N1, but no so much about H5N1, and nothing about a gentically enhanced version of H5N1.... until now.

A Dutch researcher has created a virus with the potential to kill half of the planet’s population. Now, researchers and experts in bioterrorism debate whether it is a good idea to publish the virus creation ”recipe”. However, several voices argue that such research should have not happened in the first place.

The virus is a strain of avian influenza H5N1 genetically modified to be extremely contagious. It was created by researcher Ron Fouchier of the Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, Netherlands. The work was first presented at a conference dedicated to influenza, that took place in September in Malta.

Source

Taken from the short story:

“They develop them to use as weapons of mass destruction. One teaspoon could take out an entire country. DarkCell often targets test candidates under the guise of routine vaccinations. The vaccines have a hidden payload which is designed to test the efficacy of bioengineered viruses. The virus has been modified so there is no chance contagion. If a test subject dies, it’s quickly covered up as a bad reaction to an inoculation. Recently a young boy survived the most deadly variant, H5N1(e). Now I bet you can guess who he is.” He responded.

Source

I just thought this was very ironic since the very specific concept I was focusing on in my fictional story literally came true....
edit on 1-12-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
idiots.
but im sure that not deadly enough for them, they will keep trying untill they can kill the earths entire population with one teaspoon.
the T virus cant be far behind.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
cool story bro!

lol sry i had to...(facepalm)

I think this is a good thing, after all the bird deaths this year now we can make a vaccine to help all those poor birds combat the Birdflu.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Thanks bro!

Seriously though, I'm not trying to "toot my own horn" for lack of a better figure of speech.... but... I had to post this connection.

It's a conspiracy!!!1

If not a prediction, then perhaps I inspired the scientist?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
reply to post by -W1LL

Thanks bro!

Seriously though, I'm not trying to "toot my own horn" for lack of a better figure of speech.... but... I had to post this connection.

It's a conspiracy!!!1

Yes yes ...... it's all your fault, quit writing stories please!

Seriously..... what goes through a persons mind to experiment with something so lethal?
Sick minds and bloated egos

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It won't be long before the USA patent this and use it to their own benefit....but wait, the USA aren't terrorist...what am I talking about....only terrorists try to conquer the world (....crap....the USA has been doing that for quite a few years now).
edit on 1-12-2011 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2011 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

reply to post by -W1LL

Thanks bro!

It's a conspiracy!!!1

its worth posting for sure... any writer will use their knowledge of current or passed events to write, fiction or non. you must have had the idea from somewhere and it was spot on...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Village Idiot

reply to post by -W1LL

Thanks bro!

It's a conspiracy!!!1

Yes yes ...... it's all your fault, quit writing stories please!

Seriously..... what goes through a persons mind to experiment with something so lethal?
Sick minds and bloated egos

Sorry man...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Good story, kinda gives you that eerie feeling after reading it and it coming true! S&F

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
Good story, kinda gives you that eerie feeling after reading it and it coming true! S&F

Thanks! Yes, I meant to re-write it. There is actually another section that talks about H5N1(e) in the story.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I hope you realize I was only kidding by blaming you

although...... according to the Mayans, we're in the age of conscience creation........ uh oh

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Good call.

H.G. Wells arguably predicted atomic weapons and some of their effects in 1914 (if not the precise mechanism by which they would function - but even then he was at least obliquely close) in The World Set Free. Writers have often accurately predicted or at least imagined events, inventions, and scenarios that came to pass in the future (or some variation thereof.)

I often consider trying to extrapolate based on current trends what the future might be like in 200 years or so. But every time I try, I become afraid and stop myself, because the scenarios I envision - while some are good - are generally pretty dire. Let's hope our "author's intuition" proves wrong more often than it proves right.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Perhaps Mr. Well's can strive to be like me one day..;.

*Struts around...*

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

The protagonist in the story is an upgraded version of a manchurian canidate. Hopefully this is not something that exists...

TPTB's strongarm's are awfully heartless....

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Hey you never know what your capable of!

new topics

top topics

join