It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17%, largest ever increase in Medicare premiums, Thanks George W. Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Department of Health and Human Services announced Friday afternoon the largest increase ever in Medicare premiums, an increase of over 17 percent that will affect 38.9 million Americans.
money.cnn.com...

The chickens are coming home to roost. Not only did George W. Bush's Prescription drug bill OUTLAW FREEMARKET purchase of drugs from Canada and OUTLAW COST SAVING group bargaining of prices with Pharmaceutical companies and force seniors to sort their way through a NEEDLESSLY CONFUSING ARRAY of drug discount cards, NOW they will have to pay a 17% increase in premiums for medicare.

When will the American public realize that by issuing legislation that panders only to EXPATRIOT corporations and ignores the American people, the American people will only get the Shaft from this congress, led by George W. Bush's administration.

GEORGE W. BUSH is a SPEND THRIFT, CREDIT CARD REPUBLICAN, he:
1. Squanded the good will of the World on a totally pointless war in Iraq.
2. Squanded the lives of young men and women on this pointless war and then more by not having a clue about what to do after the 'war' was over.
3. Created more terrorists in Iraq than were elliminated in Afghanistan.
4. Enraged the world with irresponsible direction in the pentagon resulting in Abu Grabe.
5. Has spent your childrens and grandchildrens money so he can give tax breaks to people who don't need them.
6. Sold out the FCC regulations to the media corporations over the objections of the American people.
7. Sold out any kind of reasonable prescrition drug bill away to the hugely profitable Drug companies.
8. Allowed corportions to create fake headquaters in Cayman Islands and Bahamas with a post office box so they can evade taxes. Leaving the average working American to foot the bill.

I thought one of the measures of a good leader is where they lead you?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Quite a rant you have there. Despite your issues, you left out the simple fact that the cost of healthcare has nearly trippled since the last increase.

Funny, you left out the fact that the President tried to limit medical liability in an effort to reduce the overall costs of healthcare but was blocked by the Dems.

You are right that drugs from other countries would reduce costs somewhat, but to just open up the market puts the the people that use the drugs at risk. Even some drungs from "canada" have been found to have come from china or worse. You can't just open up the market without safeguards in place.

Most of your rants have nothing to do about the topic you posted.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
When will "real Republicans" stand up and flip Bush the finger. To hell with party lines, get rid of the aberition on the political scene. Everyone sees it, Bush must go.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Good post, Slank.

As did FredT, no matter how big the blunder or how much money it costs the American citizens, many of whom can't find a job these days, and no matter how many American lives are sacrificed as a result of his thoughtless actions, every good zombie, I mean "Bush Republican", will find a way to rationalize anything George Dubya does, and will vehemently support it. No matter how big of a blunder!

It's unbelieveable. America has indeed gone mad!!

[edit on 9/6/2004 by netbound]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by netbound
Good post, Slank.

As did FredT, no matter how big the blunder or how much money it costs the American citizens, many of whom can't find a job these days, and no matter how many American lives are sacrificed as a result of his thoughtless actions, every good zombie, I mean "Bush Republican", will find a way to rationalize anything George Dubya does, and will vehemently support it. No matter how big of a blunder!

It's unbelieveable. America has indeed gone mad!!

[edit on 9/6/2004 by netbound]

Bump, why? Because I don't think it has been put any clearer. Republican does not equate to Bush. Or shouldn't.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Republican does not equate to Bush. Or shouldn't.

Your correct Intrepid, but remember, anything and everything, since Bush went to war with Iraq, has been err Bush's fault....correct?
I find it very interseting that "we" as free thinking individuals read everything verbatim (!) and don't even bother to question sources, who wrote such, or even the information being talked of or mentioned. The increases in Medicare have been ongoing.

Bush has a hand in this, but my question is did Medicare NEED an increase? Was this something that was going or bound to happen anyhow? You have insurance premiums that have been sky-rocketing since the Clinton Era and yet no mention or complaint about them?! Oh..thats right...it wasn't Clinton's fault....it was a Bush's fault!

IMHO....screw'em all.
Find me one good politician without bias or sway, and I will resurrect George Washington.....k?

seekerof

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank

8. Allowed corportions to create fake headquaters in Cayman Islands and Bahamas with a post office box so they can evade taxes. Leaving the average working American to foot the bill.

Corporations have been setting up their headquarters outside of the United States for decades; this is nothing new and certainly not instituted by any of Bushes policies. The problem was exacerbated during the Clinton years when the government decided to create a kind and friendly IRS in which they drastically cut staff making it easier for Corporations to cheat on there taxes.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I dont recall George saying any of this at his RNC speech!

My mother is ripping because of this and I cant say I blame her.
Just wait till he
becomes president this last term !!!

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
slank,

Great post, but unless you have senior citizens parents and family members most people that will post in this thread is just to slam you for daring to bring the truth into their bush guided and rewarded lives.

We the rest that had to deal with elderly parents and grandparents can see what this administration is doing to them

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I actually think this could be one of the more serious political blunders of the Bush machine. Senior citizens do vote in larger proportion than other segments of the voter eligible population. A lot of the painful stuff won't show up till 2006, but this increase is large, has shown up before the election, and seniors will not be happy about it. I also believe many seniors were not thrilled with the complicated array of different possible drug discount cards, and also by the marginal discounts they provided.

top topics

join