It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda Says it is Holding a U.S. Hostage in Pakistan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Can you link it to an article that you DON'T have to pay or sign up to continue the article?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

So, your argument is, we should be able to blow Pakistan to hell, because they couldnt stop it? Basically, since we have more might, we should be able to do what we want?

Not to be rude, but that is one of the most self centered and naive things I have ever heard.

As far as china's military (and russia's, because a fight with one will be a fight with the other), Id love to know how you are so sure what their capability is. Last I checked, most nations dont advertise their military projects. Just as I am sure that the US has some toys that would blow my mind, I am sure that the Russians and Chinese do.

We just wont know about them until they are used.

I simply cannot understand all of you people who advocate further wars, who advocate the US as the world police, who think the biggest muscles makes you right. Its downright sill. And it the reason that the world today is in the state that it is in.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
You, vastly, under-estimate the military capability of the U.S. military.

Like I said - our military has not been fighting a war. We have been acting as police. We tore through Iraq's proper military with a raw efficiency that no other country on this planet has demonstrated.

Actually it was Coalition Forces, not just U.S military.

Like how a group of big bullies harass the little weird kid at school.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

I don't disagree with you that they are absolutely WRONG in doing what they are doing.

My point is we are just as wrong (maybe even more so) because we are the ones in there doing it FIRST!

I am a disabled vet. I am not anit-US. I love my country but am pissed as hell at our politicians.

I am anti politician butt wipes who are sending us to places we have no business being doing things we have no business doing!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthAwesome

Can you link it to an article that you DON'T have to pay or sign up to continue the article?

Here ya go

Enjoy.

And the whole thing is weird... the ``aid worker`` is 70 years old... seriously, what a 70 years old American doing in Pakistan? All 70 years old I know are barely able to do every day things...
edit on 1-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I think I said this before, but I guess people thought I was over observing the photo. That same photo of Ayman al-Zawahiri that is in that link you just posted looks like Bin Laden in that particular picture shot. Its the eyes, and the mouth, and his hand language. I don't know whatever.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Why'd you join, im a vet too i was 11 bravo. Do you remember all of the terrorist attacks leading up 9/11 that America did not respond to? Have you forgot that you cant negociate with someone who wants you dead? I honestly dont feel like reiterating things that ive said so many times. Good luck with your opinions

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
hmmm.. four months later to mention they grabbed someone and make demands ?
a heavy stench about this one... demands are made when they first grab people...

and why no mention of his disappearance by the aid group he worked for ? cant believe that in four months none of his coworkers noticed him missing...

too many things not adding up.. I smell american propaganda at work again...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

I was 98c, Korean Linguist.

I joined out of love of my country and a feeling that it is the duty of all people to participate in the defense of our nation. Loyalty, Honor, Duty... words that resound in me, but many don't understand at an emotional level.

Yet... what we are doing is not in defense of our nation now. Most of what we are doing is offensive or to protect things like war profiteers, globalists agendas and many more reasons that have nothing to do with a national defense, and many of these things make other countries hate us for our interference. And I can't disagree. We have no reason to be in those other countries.

Almost all the wars in this century have been based on LIES!

Meanwhile here at home I hardly recognize the nation I grew up in and volunteered to defend. We are fast becoming a police state and our civil liberties and constitution are DAILY under constant attack.

I weep for my country.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by DarthAwesome

Here ya go

Enjoy.

And the whole thing is weird... the ``aid worker`` is 70 years old... seriously, what a 70 years old American doing in Pakistan? All 70 years old I know are barely able to do every day things...
edit on 1-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

am 68 and can still run 18 and 19 year old kids into the ground.. never judge by age.. though it is more common for us japanese to stay active and keep ourselves in shape.. have seen and know a few westerners in my age group who are still quite active.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Maybe this is a Mossad asset.

The release date is coinciding with current events.

Does the article say a ransom was demanded in August?

Where is Weinstein's family?

Maybe Weinstein is a Mossad agent.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I wonder how many US citizens Al-CIAda has hostage WITHIN the United States.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Well, someone was telling me the British SAS are THE best in the world and coul;d easily rescue the 8 British hostages at their embassy in Iran (before they were released). Go for it fellars.....show us how good you really are and I expect ALL of you to come back in one piece, alive and well including the US citizen!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Does it matter if he's Jewish or not? What is he was'nt, would you be more concerned?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

So, your argument is, we should be able to blow Pakistan to hell, because they couldnt stop it? Basically, since we have more might, we should be able to do what we want?

My point is that those with the power set the pace and standard.

Not to be rude, but that is one of the most self centered and naive things I have ever heard.

It is the natural order of things. The only thing that prevents a rape is the force to stop the will of one resolved to rape. Pleasantries and ideals have no place in a sound understanding of the world.

As far as china's military (and russia's, because a fight with one will be a fight with the other), Id love to know how you are so sure what their capability is. Last I checked, most nations dont advertise their military projects. Just as I am sure that the US has some toys that would blow my mind, I am sure that the Russians and Chinese do.

I'm well aware of our own military capabilities. I have a clearance for a reason.

Suffice to say, our capabilities vastly exceed our application of them. Most officers are a little slow on the uptake and fail to see the tactical and strategic applications of the technology we do have at our disposal.

As for other nations, few have the potential to match our capabilities. Of those that can, none have the volume and comparable training and experience. Not to mention that our economies are so intertwined as to make retaliation a practice in economic suicide. The U.S. is one of the few nations capable of surviving on domestic industry, alone.

I simply cannot understand all of you people who advocate further wars, who advocate the US as the world police, who think the biggest muscles makes you right. Its downright sill. And it the reason that the world today is in the state that it is in.

I don't advocate the U.S. as the global police. The attempt to use our military as a police force is what has cost us thousands of lives and immeasurable economic pressure. We don't need any soldiers in Iraq or Afghanistan. Nothing needs to be alive in those regions, and we could easily arrange for that to be the case, and at minimal cost to the U.S. tax payer by comparison.

I'm not going to entertain a pointless ideological debate regarding ethics and morality. The point is that these countries actively antagonize and sabotage our nation and her allies. We are in an economic crunch. Exterminate the threat and be done with it.

"But Aim, other countries won't take kindly to you wiping another country off the planet."

Politicians will preach for decades on the issue. No relevant military powers will get involved over a hell hole like Pakistan - or Iran, for that matter. Nations must pick their battles, and the value of most middle east nations is simply not worth committing serious military forces to defend. Further, China and Russia are both dealing with radical Islamic factions within their own borders with funding coming from nations like Iran and Pakistan.

They'll preach and rattle sabers - but in the end, do very little. The U.S. would actually benefit from severing trade with China. South American nations will be much better trade partners than China, and more than capable of filling the same (and better) industrial functions.

reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Actually it was Coalition Forces, not just U.S military.

Like how a group of big bullies harass the little weird kid at school.

In all honesty, most of that was for diplomatic reasons. The U.S. comprised the backbone of the coalition force and - while I mean no disrespect toward the service members of other nations - we were more than capable of filling those roles by other nations. In fact - it would have gone even smoother if it was merely our own chain of command involved, rather than the confusion that comes with multinational coalitions.

You can continue to view the world in such childish ways if you wish - but the reality is that it doesn't break down into "good guys" and "bad guys" very often. There are merely people and nations with their own interests and conflicts thereof. Getting fixated on who is good and who is bad will only cause you turmoil when you find yourself at odds with whom was once 'good' and in alignment with whom was just 'bad.'

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
i'm thinking another ' Osama Raid' complete with Hollywood ending,

i wonder who they will get to play the parts?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Add this to the mix:

Chinese Government Official: 'US Threat To Pakistan Is Threat To China'
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by smarterthanyou
started on 12/1/2011 @ 12:36 PM

The pieces are being moved rapidly. The crowd cheers. The face of "The Enemy" has been once more recycled in this latest attempt at justifying our military presence in the region. Another timely fabricated orchestration with which to further the goals of those who's ultimate desire is complete world domination.

Have we not heard the chimes at midnight?

The globalists tactics have become so passe. At least to some of us. The scary part is that the countless sleeping masses have completely accepted whatever boogyman presented to them by those orchestrating our current demise. They don't even have to try to be creative anymore in their propaganda. We've become so indoctrinated that we'll accept anything presented to us: "Ooooo looky looky! Hostages! In Pakistan. Let's bomb the hell out of 'em! Those nasyt Al Queda"

Substitue Emmanuel Goldstein for Al Queda, add in the Main Stream Media News for your "Two Minutes Hate", suck down some "Victory Gin" and trod off to work at the Ministry of Truth and spend the rest of the day doublethinking your way into believing with all your patriotic heart that whatever those running the show do is in our best interest.

Whatever...

edit on 12/2/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I feel awfully bad for this man. He;s probably lost unless he can appeal to their sense of humanity from an Islamic angle and get himself free or accepted. Otherwise...I have a real bad feeling about how this is likely to turn out for him.

The U.S. really hasn't seen the other side snatching citizens and expecting to get anything before now. If our leadership has any intelligence that won't change now. All we really can do is pressure Pakistan to do something internally about getting the guy out. (yeah..right...he's screwed).

I'm not sure why everyone just assumes that everything on Earth identifying with Al Qaeda is somehow tied to Western control. It's more a franchise than an organization and even if the top levels of Al Qaeda are or were compromised by the West, I sure don't buy the idea that the little guys running the cells that'd be holding a man like this are told about such things.

He's in a real bad spot...and I do feel for him. I hope a miracle comes along for his sake.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I thought the USA didnt make deals with terrorists......

Either the Al-Qaeda are dumb and dont get it or.......

Were dumb and we dont get it. Sorry i dont believe a single word of this story.

whats to believe anymore, its all been bull**** since SEP 11 2001.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
When they kidnap aid workers they really are doing a disservice to their cause. They pick an aged person who is trying to help their country by volunteering their time.

Unless it's a way for the U.S. government to anger the U.S. population against Pakistan further.
edit on 12/2/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join