It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda Says it is Holding a U.S. Hostage in Pakistan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Al Qaeda Says it is Holding a U.S. Hostage in Pakistan

online.wsj.com

Al Qaeda claimed responsibility Thursday for the kidnapping of a 70-year-old American aid worker in Pakistan in August, and issued a series of demands for his release.
In a video message posted on militant websites, al-Qaeda leader Ayman al Zawahri said Warren Weinstein would be released if the United States stopped airstrikes in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen. He also demanded the release of all al-Qaeda and Taliban suspects around the world.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Here we go.

This could turn ugly... if America sends in a ``team`` in Pakistan to save that guy, what will the Pakistani military do?

Last time they were pretty pissed... days after the NATO strike that killed 2 dozens of Pakistani soldiers another ``NATO humiliation`` would not sit well with the Pakistani army.

Not to mention China and America sitting by the Pakistani border with troops and nuclear cruise missiles.

Pakistan war about to begin?

And Al-Qaeda? Give me a break... the guy was supposedly kidnapped in AUGUST... and they are just NOW talking about it? Days after NATO kills two dozens Pakistani troops? This smells...

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I wonder if this isnt them trying to poke the hornets nest so to speak...

It is no secret tensions are high between Pakistan and the US right now. Throwing this kind of thing out there could easily lead to, like you said, and "team" being sent in.

What if there is no hostage? What if it is all about trying to get the US to cross the borders again, to get Pakistani retaliation?

Seems like a perfect setup to me....

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Wow, wasn't expecting it but this could be a plausible way for the powder keg to ignite.
I've said it before, but I dont think the US has the choice to back down anymore; its all in or all out.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So the CIA approached an aid worker and said "hey buddy want to make some cash"?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I doubt the US would risk a war just because of one citizen.. or maybe it's a deliberate set up so the US has an excuse to cross the border again.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Ayman al Zawahri demanded the release of all al-Qaeda and Taliban suspects around the world.

Yeah. Like that's gonna happen.

The demands are ridiculous. Obviously they have no intention of releasing him.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Ayman al Zawahri demanded the release of all al-Qaeda and Taliban suspects around the world.

Yeah. Like that's gonna happen.

The demands are ridiculous. Obviously they have no intention of releasing him.

That's the whole point of demands...

Hell even if Al-Qaeda asked only for Obama to wear green pants for a year to release the hostage, Obama wouldn't do it.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Is it Obama's uncle? Didn't we just send him back there?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Plus, from what Ive heard is that he is Jewish, so that and being an American isn't exactly the best combo over there. I don't think he will be coming back in 1 piece.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This is odd. Back in November it was reported that Lahore police had caught the group who kidnapped Weinstein.

LINK

Have Pakistan handed him over to Al Qaeda?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

This is odd. Back in November it was reported that Lahore police had caught the group who kidnapped Weinstein.

LINK

Like I said before-this whole thing reeks like old fishing bait. Just an attempt to get the US to cross Pakistan borders.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
That's how modern America operates. We are Al Qaeda and use it as a front for terror, intrusion, espionage and general subterfuge. We desire conflict with Pakistan and will drum up support abroad by using our tools of terror to overtly justify and drum up support for actions while hoping to provoke retaliation.

What we do today has been choreographed for decades and is part of the Project for a new American century, the Arab spring is just another recent arm of our stratagem. The sad and scary thing is it would seem we are so belligerent and drunk on power at the moment we will escalate this into a full fledged war with Russia and China in the very near future and nuclear weapons will be used.

Interesting times we live in as the old Chinese curse goes as we are about to fulfill it's other two tenants, may you come to the attention of those in authority and may you find what you are looking for.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

LINK

Good find...

Yeah this show even more that this whole business stinks... the whole thing might be fake...

Wouldn't surprise me if the video from Al-Qaeda came from the CIA controlled forums, like most Bin Laden videos came from.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Eh, honestly, I've about had enough of this mickey-mouse bull crap.

I say to go ahead and blast them. Forget a team - trash their entire country with strategic bombing. The Chair Force is tired of flying circles.

Don't send in ground forces - just use up some of our old munitions in arsenal - perhaps a few nuclear weapons nearing retirement.

Seriously. This is getting old.

All those with complaints can file them to Strategic Air Command, who will gladly take them into consideration.

Yeah - it's extreme. Yeah, it's "America thinks it can do whatever it wants." - I'm really not up for the discussion at this point in time, and feel like it is appropriate to point out that America -can- do whatever it wants, as it is a sovereign nation.

We've been playing nice and trying to avoid collateral damage. It's time the world see what happens when we don't care about preserving life and just want to turn the geography inside out.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
Eh, honestly, I've about had enough of this mickey-mouse bull crap.

I say to go ahead and blast them. Forget a team - trash their entire country with strategic bombing. The Chair Force is tired of flying circles.

Don't send in ground forces - just use up some of our old munitions in arsenal - perhaps a few nuclear weapons nearing retirement.

Seriously. This is getting old.

All those with complaints can file them to Strategic Air Command, who will gladly take them into consideration.

Yeah - it's extreme. Yeah, it's "America thinks it can do whatever it wants." - I'm really not up for the discussion at this point in time, and feel like it is appropriate to point out that America -can- do whatever it wants, as it is a sovereign nation.

We've been playing nice and trying to avoid collateral damage. It's time the world see what happens when we don't care about preserving life and just want to turn the geography inside out.

yes, america *can* do whatever she wants. So can the other major military powers in the world. Perhaps your view would change if it were, say, China feeling like they could do whatever they wanted and started dusting america.

See, its easy to say, when you only look at one side.

Do you think the rest of the world will sit and watch america destroy another nation? Especially one with some very powerful allies?

Come on now. Im starting to think that some people are hoping for Armageddon.
edit on 1-12-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
As horrible and stupid as kidnapping a 70 year old and making demands...

... look at the list of demands... stop bombing other countries.

I agree! We need to get the (cussword deleted) out of all these other countries.

Ron Paul is right, we're making more enemies and endangering out national security with all the crap we do.

We are the ones starting wars. We are the ones using our terrorist agencies "intelligence" agencies to illegally overthrow soveriegn nations...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

yea just wait until they cut his head off on a world wide broadcast, then tell me how we should handel these insane assholes?
edit on 1-12-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

yes, america *can* do whatever she wants. So can the other major military powers in the world. Perhaps your view would change if it were, say, China feeling like they could do whatever they wanted and started dusting america.

It would be amusing, to say the least. A single carrier task force could trash most of China's strategic infrastructure. We'd lose it - but it's a hell of an exchange via attrition. China has little in the way of strategic military capability, and their tactical forces are non-contenders on the strategic level.

"Aim, they have nuclear weapons."

There are, about, 20 delivery systems in China's possession with the range to reach some of the coastal regions. Of those, only a select few can reach any of the U.S. interior assets. We could take a full strategic exchange from China with a smile on our face - and return the favor a hundred fold.

China is not a relevant military threat to the United States mainland. They have regional influence, and that only barely manages to rival the capabilities of the carrier task force that remains in the region as a projection of influence.

You, vastly, under-estimate the military capability of the U.S. military.

Like I said - our military has not been fighting a war. We have been acting as police. We tore through Iraq's proper military with a raw efficiency that no other country on this planet has demonstrated.

We don't need to invade to rend the industry from your country or your armor from the streets.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
ROFL so the CIA kidnapped one of their own? What a joke, another failed attempt to go into another country and invade. I can see it all so clear now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join