It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brad Meltzer's "Decoded" Takes on UFOs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
I think the team including the facilitator Brad Meltzer seem pretty clueless about the topics investigated on the show. Conceptually its a great idea, they failed in their presentation of the data which is why it gets such low ratings. Rather than seeing people run around or learn stuff, they should have spent more time with experts on the topics they investigate describing the story of an item or topic of interest. 80% of the show is them walking around which of course is boring. It kind of let me down considering the topic, history channel I hope creates a new show based off the direction of this show and gets it right. Decoded? I just call it confused the show, since 99% of the time their walking around confused it seems about what they are doing or why they are there.

I'm going to ever so lightly, as in a gnat's hair, defend these jokers. If they get anywhere close to the truth, they will never see the light of TV air(time).

It's an entertainment piece for the uneducated masses and as far as I am concerned, from someone who knows disinfo from up close and distance, they are agents of it.

What next?

My Favorite Martian

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I love Brad Meltzer's "Decoded" The problem i see with the show is they never dig deep enough into there topics and nothing ever gets solved ..I find the show to be entertaining most of the shows are about things i already knew about but still a good watch..My fav episode was the Fort Knox one ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
I love Brad Meltzer's "Decoded" The problem i see with the show is they never dig deep enough into there topics and nothing ever gets solved ..I find the show to be entertaining most of the shows are about things i already knew about but still a good watch..My fav episode was the Fort Knox one ..peace,sugarcookie1

www.abovetopsecret.com...

See?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The interview with the ex security guard was the most interesting part of the whole thing. I can't take the cast serious at all. They get chased away from a hill by the white "security" trucks but the camera guy can still be outside forty feet ahead to get the ever so exciting high speed getaway exit shot. Give me a break. I will give it some effort points for putting the gold reserves issue on the table.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It's funny I've watched at least a dozen Decoded shows but haven't seen this one, therefore, 'It must be Aliens'.

I really like their logo though.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I think another problem with these types of shows is they try to solve the mystery in a span of a day or two. They probably do a bit of research, run around the general area and talk to a few people, get a bit of on-sight footage, but then they have to move on to the next conspiracy. That's why I prefer shows like UFO Files (Which I think is possibly the best UFO series I've ever seen). The focus there is only on one subject, so you get a lot more in-depth. When I watch a one-of show about a subject like UFOs, I find myself feeling the same kind of frustration that I always felt when I would watch Destination Truth. Not that I believed in most of the things they searched for on that show, but it was always frustrating that they would fly halfway around the world and then spend a single night searching for some cryptid, then fly back home and declare that it probably doesn't exist. You're left thinking "Man, i wish they would have spent more time on the subject".

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStealth

Yeah, that was my favorite part also. That old guy was cool... (beavus and butthead lol... placed here).

He was really playing mind games with that decoded guy. ha ha

edit on 4-12-2011 by RUFFREADY because: lol

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Charizard

I second that concerning the UFO Files. My favorite episode, by far, and one that's hardly even discussed besides this episode, was "Brazil's Roswell".

In terms of flying to one place to spend a couple minutes of jumbled camera shots and conversation, that new show that came out on the History Channel is AWFUL. The one with the guy with the Irish/Scottish accent that looks for symbols and treasure that runs around like he's on speed, and his "production assistant" that just stares or nods her head the entire episode. I forget the name of the show, but I dont think that will be back for a second season.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
All three are complete idiots, professor Buddy looks like a deer in a set of head lights any time someone mentions anything the rest of the world considers common knowledge, where have these people been?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join