It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran planning attacks on US forces in Germany

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Here is the news source. Source

I've lived through a lot of name calling, finger wagging, fist banging and even yes...the shoe throwing protest of people. And like the fine citizens that protest, our world leaders do the same. And they have for as long as I can remember. Oh yes, the famous "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall" speech. Or Arafat's rant at the UN when he had the gun on him, and of course we could go on and on.

But here is my point. And I want your thoughts. Seems like maybe just since this past summer it has become increasing more hostile in our "diplomatic" exchanges. And I use the term diplomatic very loosly here. My thoughts are, the way is being prepared for the next World war. Not some third world country take over, kick the government out and stay for 10 years kind of war. Looks to me like the line has been drawn over nuclear proliferation / terrorist actions and countries are taking sides. I wouldn't mind if everyone was on one side and just one country was on the other. Seems a lot different here.

I would love to hear your thoughts.
edit on 1-12-2011 by subcsailor because: .

edit on 1-12-2011 by subcsailor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by subcsailor

On the surface it would appear that way, however I don't think governments have become suicidal
all of a sudden.
I have faith that the peace will prevail.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It seems to me that Mossad is planning the attack(and blaming it on iran)
to goad the US into going in jointly with Israel. It appears that Israel may be scared to go it alone
I would be to. They are about to be attacked from all directions imo.
edit on 1-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Iran is planning an attack on US forces stationed in Germany....in the event of a US attack on Islamic Republics nuclear facility. Definitely important to know to that last part thanks for leaving that out of your post, op.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I think we’re seeing the final desperate acts of a dying regime in Iran. The way they are acting is similar to the way Kim Jong Il acted a few years ago in North Korea when UN attention was focused on him. The biggest difference is that the Iranian people have had about enough of their current rulers and many want them out. This internal stress is compounded by the UN sanctions and constant negative attention from the world, so they are acting out.

Countries have always taken sides - nothing new there. I share your suspicion about a possible BIG conflict but I also think self preservation with win out. A world war with today’s technology would be the end for everyone.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by douglas082391

Iran is planning an attack on US forces stationed in Germany....in the event of a US attack on Islamic Republics nuclear facility. Definitely important to know to that last part thanks for leaving that out of your post, op.

I just used the title of the linked article. Sorry, didn't mean to leave out anything. But thanks for pointing it out.

Then I start to wonder...will that many letters fit in a thread title. Never tried that many.

OFF TOPIC............WAIT !!!!!!!! I just noticed something douglas. This was your first post. Please don't take me wrong. I want to sincerely welcome you to ATS. I have not been on here long myself and I am truly honored that you posted an a thread I started.
I wish you well my friend.
edit on 1-12-2011 by subcsailor because: welcome douglas

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Countries have always taken sides - nothing new there. I share your suspicion about a possible BIG conflict but I also think self preservation with win out. A world war with today’s technology would be the end for everyone.

I so hope you are right about the self preservation shipmate. (I'm sorry if that term offends you. Please let me know and I will not use it anymore). But seems like personnal self preservation is useful because the person is so close to the problem/conflict. It is right there in front of them. While the "leaders" are so far removed from the real threat to humanity that their sense of country self preservation is either time warped (they think they will have more time to react before it gets bad) or their information is so diluted after it passes through all the people that get it to them.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The EU don't like Iran. Wouldnt get passed turkey let alone reach germany. Besides, looks like us Brits are going to have our fun there soon anyway.

new topics

top topics

join