It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia delivered cruise missiles to Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
www.jpost.com...

It really seems like the battle lines are being drawn.

"The Yakhont supersonic anti-ship cruise missiles have been delivered to Syria," a military source told the Interfax news agency, according to AFP.

The new cruise missiles "will be able to protect Syria's entire coast against a possible attack from the sea," another military source told Interfax, according to AFP.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
www.jpost.com...

It really seems like the battle lines are being drawn.

"The Yakhont supersonic anti-ship cruise missiles have been delivered to Syria," a military source told the Interfax news agency, according to AFP.

The new cruise missiles "will be able to protect Syria's entire coast against a possible attack from the sea," another military source told Interfax, according to AFP.

Russia sure has a bee in their bonnet right now.
I think they are trying to get back to a dictatorship/empire.

Also they are pissed with NATO.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It seems to me all strings are being pulled (if these reports are true) to test each other capabilities...

By that I mean over the years both sides have said x about there systems but thus far (thankfully) not tested in combat against each other. Eg at the end of the Sea Viper/T45 trials the Royal Naval reported that the system was capable of taking out supersonic missiles.

new topics

join