It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New scenario perhaps?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Before anyone reads further, this following thread has very little information and is just a scenario.

Right, back to the thread. With the Occupy movements in the US spreading to UK, global anti government protests and uprisings, is it possible that the world war has already started? The People vs the Government. Iran could be a distraction from the protests. Cmon, WMDs in Iran? Really? When they did the report on Irans nuclear ambitions they couldn't find any proof of WMDs or evidence they are making them. A week later they announced that Iran do have a project about building WMDs.

I'm sorry it's not informative or what not. Just a thought. By the way, I'm on The Peoples side.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
An global incursion by the people for the people would be, in no doubt in my mind, a great thing. Although I don't think the Iran WMD thing is a distraction from the protests etc for the majority aren't on the streets, they're too apathetic. We're going to enter Iran for imperialist reasons, not to distraction from domestic problems.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

Good point.

Dont laugh, but sometimes I forget that the "wonderful West" likes to completely destabilise small nations and deprive them of their resources which keeps them afloat.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I don't think so because no major protests in the last month and less and less people are actually getting up and protesting . If the protesters will actually give the government a list of what they want , then I will take them seriously .

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OrNaM3nT

They have got an list.

They want to stop corporate greed, stop corruption, have a better future for their kids and to say "hey! This is our country to".

But the people in charge will just walk all over them again.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono
reply to post by OrNaM3nT

They have got an list.

They want to stop corporate greed, stop corruption, have a better future for their kids and to say "hey! This is our country to".

But the people in charge will just walk all over them again.

Here is the problem. Those are vague complaints. Not solutions.
HOW do you stop corporate greed, corruption, and have a better future for your kids?

I want circles to be squares and bunnies to get along with carrots, but wanting something doesn't get the job done.
Mobs are easily controlled. "The people" is a myth. Movements are just a tool for one tyrant to cede power from another tyrant.
Never trust solutions that involve "the people".

The battle over solutions is what will bite you in the butt. Some Americans say the way to achieve these things is to give the government MORE power. Make citizens MORE dependent. Draft even MORE complicated legislation. Become MORE centrally organized. And I would frankly much prefer the banks than the people who go with those solutions.

"The people" shouldn't unite. If "The people" want freedom and power, they'd disperse. Decentralize. Allow their own communities to decide what's best for them rather than some centrally organized master. The worst possible of centrally organized masters is the type that erroneously identifies itself as "the people."

But therein lies the problem. The people want more for less. More freebies for less responsibility, less self reliance, less accountability, less work, less basic dignity.

WW3, if it occurs, is about a change in status quo regarding which elite group takes control (or keeps control), largely through control of energy resources and a realignment of how the system is organized. "The people" are just a useful tool in that game.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
here's the scenario that intrigues me.
suppose the Republicans win the White House and majorities in both sides of congress in 2012. if any of the elections are close--and there's little doubt things will be real close--the left will cry fraud. the Occupy movement will be reborn as a secession movement (imagine thousands of college kids in Sacramento asking 'Why does Kansas tell us what to do!?"). Like the 'Arab Spring' movement there will be demands for government change.
suppose...California declares independence? followed by Oregon and Washington, then the northeast. unable/unwilling to fight a second 'civil war' the Republican administration negotiates a treaty that results in two USAs.
chances this could happen? and what resulting effects?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

How can California declare independence when just about every penny it spends is federal money?
Also, these college kids are very self- entitled. The idea of independence is terrifying to them. It means that they have to be responsible for themselves without some nanny to ensure they will be cared for or that someone is nurturing their little hurt feelings.
edit on 1-12-2011 by pierregustavetoutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
reply to post by works4dhs

How can California declare independence when just about every penny it spends is federal money?
Also, these college kids are very self- entitled. The idea of independence is terrifying to them. It means that they have to be responsible for themselves without some nanny to ensure they will be cared for or that someone is nurturing their little hurt feelings.
edit on 1-12-2011 by pierregustavetoutant because: (no reason given)

California as a state, and college kids in general, are not known for clear linear thinking. it's the PRINCIPLE that will sway the masses. the kids won't be independent, just the state.

top topics

join