It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed U.S. police officers will for the first time be allowed to operate in Canada along with the RC

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
We would need to add a few stars to that flag though

Nah, too much work. Just change the gold trimming on the flag to beaver pelt.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
You think this is "win/win" ? How uneducated you are.

Cool your jets Macgillicutty. No need for insults and I have WAY more experience with law enforcement than most here. It make intercountry police work more streamlined. And yes, it's a benefit for us as well because the RCMP will be able to work below the boarder as opposed waiting on any given force in the States. I am no Harper fan but this is a move in the right direction. Hell Europe has been doing it for decades. See Interpol.

And who do you think these integrated law enforcement agencies will target? The bad guys? The current US and Canadian regimes see anyone who is against their status quo AS the bad guys! This is just handing over vast amounts of power to US agencies to deal with dissidents in my country because we despise your empire and loath its warmongering policies.

You can talk tactics all you want, but the strategy is the prevalent issue. Do you even wonder why they are pushing for integration? You do know that integration with the US has been our primary existential threat as a sovereign nation even before we formed into a federal dominion, right?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
No Canadians let into America, no Americans let into Canada. Problem solved.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Would it be possible for people to read the damn info before opening your mouths?

This bill has nothing to do with American cops patrolling Canada, nor Canadian cops patrolling the US.

It specifically deals with motor vehicle pursuits that cross the border. The ability to continue the pursuit into either country revolves around the reason for the pursuit. Everything Ive seen limits it to major crimes (terror related / public safety).

When an American officer pursues a vehicle into Canada, they are no longer operating as US law enforcement. They are subject to the laws of Canada, including the laws placed on Canadian police. They will be trained in Canadian law and procedures, as the article state.

When a Canadian officer in pursuit crosses into the US, they are no longer operating as Canadian law enforcement. They are subject to the laws of the US etc etc etc

The fear mongering / distortion of the facts is just insane on this site.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Expansion of NDAA and the peace and prosperity act...Welcome to the North American Union..
edit on 3-12-2011 by Daedal because: spelling

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Oh, they can say whatever the hell they want about the purpose of their interoperable policies... The fact is that they are changing the laws to allow all kinds of things to happen. You would have to be naive to think that they are really being honest in saying that they are only going to do A and B while they are modifying laws to allow the whole alphabet to happen.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Ah.. Now I understand.. I cant believe I missed it before.

You are the Canadian version of Joseph McCarthy.

While your continued paranoia and distortion of facts is nothing new, you really need to quit being so paranoid and expecting gloom and doom. Based on your logic if a civilian vessel at sea declares and emergency, only the country the vessel is flagged under can respond and assist? What about air disasters?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Ah.. Now I understand.. I cant believe I missed it before.

You are the Canadian version of Joseph McCarthy.

While your continued paranoia and distortion of facts is nothing new, you really need to quit being so paranoid and expecting gloom and doom. Based on your logic if a civilian vessel at sea declares and emergency, only the country the vessel is flagged under can respond and assist? What about air disasters?

Right, I am the Canadian equivalent to the commie hunter/fearmonger

As for your examples, ever heard of the phrase "you can't polish a turd"?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Right, I am the Canadian equivalent to the commie hunter/fearmonger

As for your examples, ever heard of the phrase "you can't polish a turd"?

Yup...

..and denial aint just a river in Egypt either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join